Home

MLB 16 Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 16 Trade Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-21-2016, 05:44 PM   #4033
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 16 Trade Discussion Thread

im about fed up wth Aaron Nola and want to trade him. his era is sky high and even if he turns it around id prefer a lefty even if i have to wait on him a while. Is this realistic and fair?

Aaron Nola 23 A 83
Mark Appel 25 B 74 or Zach Efflin 23 B 68 or other B potential talent .... i have lots
for

Blake Snell 24 A 77
Old 08-21-2016, 06:49 PM   #4034
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr1987
im about fed up wth Aaron Nola and want to trade him. his era is sky high and even if he turns it around id prefer a lefty even if i have to wait on him a while. Is this realistic and fair?

Aaron Nola 23 A 83
Mark Appel 25 B 74 or Zach Efflin 23 B 68 or other B potential talent .... i have lots
for

Blake Snell 24 A 77

I don't know about "realistic" in the sense that I don't remember two young MLB ready SP traded for each other.

I don't know - hard for me to say because...trading two pitchers to get one like the one you're giving up, both in age and general talent...that's hard for me to get my head around.

I think it would make more sense to pick up Snell separately and try to come up with something solid for Nola other than trading him directly for Snell.

IDK guess just how I'd do it. I wouldn't know how to structure a "trade for what I have by giving up what I have" type of deal.
Old 08-21-2016, 07:02 PM   #4035
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr1987

Aaron Nola 23 A 83
for

Blake Snell 24 A 77
I need to see the stats of Nola before I can even begin to say if it makes anything fair because in reality, It is un-realistic. To trade Nola just because you are fed up with him is not a real reasoning to deal him. Also, if he has a high ERA, why would the Rays trade one of their top pitching prospects for a guy getting pounded this season?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2016, 07:46 PM   #4036
Rookie

So we are through the trade deadline and many players have been placed on trade waivers. The one that really gets my attention is Danny Duffy. In my season he is in the bullpen and not having the greatest season, not even close to real life so I am going to claim him and try to work out a deal with the Royals. I highly doubt I will be able to to it as he is in the division. The other guy I want to claim is brad Brach. He is having a decent season but nothing like real life as well and he would surely bolster my bullpen.

Last edited by Tmizzle; 08-21-2016 at 07:49 PM.
Old 08-21-2016, 07:49 PM   #4037
MVP

GamecocksLaw17's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmizzle
So we are through the trade deadline and many players have been placed on trade waivers. The one that really gets my attention is Danny Duffy. In my season he is in the bullpen and not having the greatest season, not even close to real life so I am going to claim him and try to work out a deal with the Royals.
In division so it will cost a "tax". If you go based on the game we need all the stats, if we go based on real life you won't want to give up what it costs
Old 08-21-2016, 08:07 PM   #4038
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecocksLaw17
In division so it will cost a "tax". If you go based on the game we need all the stats, if we go based on real life you won't want to give up what it costs
I edited the post to also add Brach but i see you got the pre-edited post. Duffy is in the bullpen rated 74.
Duffy W-L 5-0 IP 48.1 BB 24 SO 30 ERA 4.47 WHIP 1.57 G 23 GS 2 WAR 0.05 K/9 5.59 BB/9 4.47 HR/9 0.93

So speaking frankly, he has been terrible lol
Old 08-21-2016, 08:08 PM   #4039
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmizzle
I need to see the stats of Nola before I can even begin to say if it makes anything fair because in reality, It is un-realistic. To trade Nola just because you are fed up with him is not a real reasoning to deal him. Also, if he has a high ERA, why would the Rays trade one of their top pitching prospects for a guy getting pounded this season?
Because they are getting a 23-year-old "more" ready now guy - plus another decent prospect on the side?

It's like trading Snell to get Snell one-year advanced (83 vs 77), one year younger, and a prospect on the side. Can't call that bad, imo.

I mean, sure, Snell is ready now also, but it's not like Nola is likely to be bad and, in theory, will have better skills (assuming that OVR difference is in the best ratings).

It's the structure that's more the trip-up, imo. Ready now SP kid for ready now SP kid + another prospect. Just odd.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:16 PM   #4040
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Because they are getting a 23-year-old "more" ready now guy - plus another decent prospect on the side?

It's like trading Snell to get Snell one-year advanced (83 vs 77), one year younger, and a prospect on the side. Can't call that bad, imo.

I mean, sure, Snell is ready now also, but it's not like Nola is likely to be bad and, in theory, will have better skills (assuming that OVR difference is in the best ratings).

It's the structure that's more the trip-up, imo. Ready now SP kid for ready now SP kid + another prospect. Just odd.
It isn't like trading Snell to get one year advanced Snell because Snell is a lefty and Nola is a righty. Snell also has one more year under team control and if you go into the edit settings, Snells potential is already higher. He said Nola has had a high ERA so I am waiting for the stats for Nola.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »