Home

MLB 16 Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 16 Trade Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2016, 07:49 PM   #4049
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 16 Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmizzle
I need to see the stats of Nola before I can even begin to say if it makes anything fair because in reality, It is un-realistic. To trade Nola just because you are fed up with him is not a real reasoning to deal him. Also, if he has a high ERA, why would the Rays trade one of their top pitching prospects for a guy getting pounded this season?
arron nola era: 6.78 whip 2.67

so id like to say that i just want dude out of my hair. i would like snell but id be willing to trade for other prospects... suggestions from u guys would be great.

also i want to make a realitic trade... i thouhgt may b tampa would be interested to add pitching and contend, their in first place... but after i reasoned on what u guys have said nola's high era isnt really appealing so what could i get for him is my question at this point

teams that are out of contention at this point in the season are det, min, oak, cin,
Old 08-22-2016, 08:01 PM   #4050
Rookie

MLB 16 Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Use the Chapman and Andrew Miller deals as starting points. You can get a solid haul for him since he is still arb eligible next year. But I need to see the stats from both you guys for Britton.

So something along the lines of an "A" potential prospect/MLB ready player. A combination of 2 "B" level prospects and a "C" prospect OR "A" level prospect, MLB contributor and "B" level prospect.

I'm just trying to keep it realistic as possible. Either way I'm for sure trading Britton whether it's at the dead line (depending on team standing) or in off season.

BTW Britton is 1-1, 1.08 ERA, 22 IP, 19/19 Saves, 28 strikeouts /4 BB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by iiamcb; 08-22-2016 at 08:03 PM.
Old 08-22-2016, 08:11 PM   #4051
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiamcb
I'm faced with the same dilemma. I would like to believe we could get a nice return for Britton. Curious to see what others think.

Quote:
So something along the lines of an "A" potential prospect/MLB ready player. A combination of 2 "B" level prospects and a "C" prospect OR "A" level prospect, MLB contributor and "B" level prospect.

I'm just trying to keep it realistic as possible. Either way I'm for sure trading Britton whether it's at the dead line (depending on team standing) or in off season.

BTW Britton is 1-1, 1.08 ERA, 22 IP, 19/19 Saves, 28 strikeouts /4 BB.

I Would wait closer to the deadline to see where teams stand so we can start talking prospects. It is hard to take in account who is buyers or sellers this early for such a big guy like Britton to be dealt. But you are on track with what you could get. If he keeps it up he could easily bring an A and 2 B's or possibly 2 A's and a C.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 08:13 PM   #4052
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

I think sending Nola down to AAA to get back on track would be a better move. If youre ready to give up on a guy who hasn't pitched a full season yet, youre probably willing to give him up cheap, but that doesn't really seem to be what you want to do.

Your kinda talking out of both sides of you mouth...its been "Aaron Nola sucks and I want to trade him now" and then "Can i get a top 5 LHP prospect in return?" You've got to be a little more clear about what you want to accomplish

Thanks Peyton. #18
Old 08-22-2016, 08:15 PM   #4053
Rookie

Quote:
I Would wait closer to the deadline to see where teams stand so we can start talking prospects. It is hard to take in account who is buyers or sellers this early for such a big guy like Britton to be dealt. But you are on track with what you could get. If he keeps it up he could easily bring an A and 2 B's or possibly 2 A's and a C.

Thanks a lot man. I'll come back when it's closer to the deadline.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:19 PM   #4054
Rookie

Quote:
I'm faced with the same dilemma. I would like to believe we could get a nice return for Britton. Curious to see what others think.

Britton does not have quite the pedigree of Miller (who as put up 100 K's multiple times out of the pen) but given how he's performing in your league and his excellent stuff, I think a trade in the ballpark of the Miller / Chapman deals is very reasonable. Perhaps that minus one of the throw ins or a slightly lower graded centre piece. You wouldn't be far off just looking for near equivalent value.
Old 08-22-2016, 08:58 PM   #4055
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Thanks a lot man. I'll come back when it's closer to the deadline.

Keep in touch in here as you go along with your franchise. I am an Orioles fan so I'll be your number one supporter for top value for Britton. I believe he could re-stock you farm and that's what the Orioles need!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 09:18 PM   #4056
Rookie

sc050610's Arena

Quote:
Use the Chapman and Andrew Miller deals as starting points. You can get a solid haul for him since he is still arb eligible next year. But I need to see the stats from both you guys for Britton.

My original post had stats but He is 1-0 with 29 saves in 29 opportunities, his ERA is 0.80 and has struck out 43 batters in 36 innings of work. Lefties are hitting .103 and righties are hitting .072.

I am in early July in my Franchise. Probably won't trade him at this deadline but probably will during the offseason. Thanks again for the advice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »