Home

MLB The Show 21 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-18-2021, 11:39 AM   #737
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: MLB The Show 21 Impressions Thread

I posted this in the franchise thread, but it may fit here better.

I played a few games last night. One game against the Marlins I give up nearly 20 hits and lose 13-3. The very next game I have a perfect game in the 7th inning and I end up winning a low scoring affair.

I also had one game where I drew 9 walks and then the very next game I drew 1 walk.

The gameplay on the field is the best it has ever been and with some properly tuned sliders it's really good. It captures the true feeling of baseball where you never know what you're going to see each day at the ballpark.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 05-18-2021, 12:33 PM   #738
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I posted this in the franchise thread, but it may fit here better.

I played a few games last night. One game against the Marlins I give up nearly 20 hits and lose 13-3. The very next game I have a perfect game in the 7th inning and I end up winning a low scoring affair.

I also had one game where I drew 9 walks and then the very next game I drew 1 walk.

The gameplay on the field is the best it has ever been and with some properly tuned sliders it's really good. It captures the true feeling of baseball where you never know what you're going to see each day at the ballpark.

Agreed. I've already played more this year then the last 2 years combined. This is baseball.
Old 05-18-2021, 01:50 PM   #739
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Agreed. I've already played more this year then the last 2 years combined. This is baseball.

Same. Can’t put my finger on it, but game is very, very “fun”. Hadn’t been fun for me for years. Btw playing on ps5 and game is buttery smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-18-2021, 02:05 PM   #740
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

It's also been maybe 3 or 4 years since I last played not using auto fielding, so this may have been something that changed before this year, but the locomotion and player movement in the field is more fluid than it used to be and the players have a natural weight to them that feels realistic.

I still have my issues with the way players move and the animations when "locked" under a fly ball, but running around in the field feels good.

― Plato
Old 05-18-2021, 03:10 PM   #741
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It's also been maybe 3 or 4 years since I last played not using auto fielding, so this may have been something that changed before this year, but the locomotion and player movement in the field is more fluid than it used to be and the players have a natural weight to them that feels realistic.

I still have my issues with the way players move and the animations when "locked" under a fly ball, but running around in the field feels good.

Same. I haven’t used manual fielding in a few years now but this year I am. It just feels smoother. Once in awhile though I feel they activate the wrong fielder(farther away). It has cost me a few triples lol. But oh well, mental errors lol.

Last edited by NYJin2011tm; 05-18-2021 at 06:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2021, 06:31 PM   #742
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

I finally played my first franchise game on the Xbox X. This game is beautiful! I have a 4K TV. I can see the visual upgrade coming from Sony PS4 last gen MLBTS to this one. The texture of the player's face really pops when you are in the editing screen.

I was worried about the Sounds of the show not being present for us on the next gen. But they did an admiral job with choosing the songs for my players of the Braves. SP Max Fried walk up music is of the Hip Hop genre and that is what set to Default. Nice work PS...
Old 05-19-2021, 10:53 AM   #743
Rookie

OVR: 3

Loving the game so far, however, the R2 spamming is getting a bit ridiculous when playing DD/Ranked, etc.

Not sure if anyone is running into this issue, but lately, my last few online games my opponent literally has R2 every single pitch! So those games take foreeeever, plus it definitely works against you with pinpoint pitching and timing.

I am all for R2 honestly and understand it if you use it correctly, but there's no need to press it every single pitch. I am hoping this is something they address with a future patch.

Some suggestions I was thinking of where: R2 on first pitch of the at bat to see either pitcher pitch types or previous at bat, after that it is disabled for that at-bat. You can display the pitcher pitch types on the left side of screen prior to the first pitch of an at bat, and then remove it. Maybe when there's a pitching change and they show the pitcher being entered into game you can see their pitch types (not sure if that is done already or not). I think those are easy fixes that would limit the R2 spamming. I am all for it, and I use it myself, but honestly, it is when a new pitcher comes in and I want to see what pitch types he has.
PUBG
Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2019/20
COD Warzone
TheHunter Call of the Wild
Cricket 19
Old 05-19-2021, 02:43 PM   #744
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0

I find myself wanting to play more in the created stadiums than the stadiums in the game. (have taken my time to download/edit a few things I don’t like, like deleting seating where the fans cannot see the field of play), but I’ve got myself 30 stadiums to my liking. Now if they can figure out a way to get us night games, what a plus.

(note) vault seems to be working as it should now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »