Home

NBA 2K24 Patch Available Today - Season 4 Arriving on January 12 - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 Patch Available Today - Season 4 Arriving on January 12 - Patch Notes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2024, 01:15 PM   #73
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NBA 2K24 Patch Available Today - Season 4 Arriving on January 12 - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
It’s sad really, calling ppl names on the internet over a video game, that’s the Twitter culture and what it’s done to ppl not intelligent enough to know any better

Couldn’t agree more. I respect OS but certain people treat it like Reddit or the YouTube comment section, calling people names because how dare you disagree with them. Come to think of it, I was told to just ignore one poster because of his name calling and attitude, which is sad when people tell others to ignore you; haven’t seen that since 4th grade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2024, 01:30 PM   #74
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NBA 2K24 Patch Available Today - Season 4 Arriving on January 12 - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
It’s been doomed from day 1 and was a crap game at release yet here u and the other same cast of characters still playing this terrible game, giving 2K your money and crying in OS for months on end……. Why? Same ole song and dance every year yet u keep subjecting yourself to it, is that not the definition of insanity? Like I said earlier u and several like u are insufferable people and it’s blatantly obvious reading your posts

I know a few people here that actually aren’t still playing the game and went back to 2K23 or another previous version. So it’s some people who are complaining and still playing while there are others who are complaining but not playing 2K24 anymore. I’m one of the ones that don’t complain nor play it anymore—I gave up on both.

Old 01-10-2024, 02:13 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
I know a few people here that actually aren’t still playing the game and went back to 2K23 or another previous version. So it’s some people who are complaining and still playing while there are others who are complaining but not playing 2K24 anymore. I’m one of the ones that don’t complain nor play it anymore—I gave up on both.

Actually... Gameplay wise vs the CPU i'm having a blast.
playin with the right roster (tendencies and badges wise) and slider sets the CPU really put up a challenge.
last year no matter what i would win easily by 30-40 on HOF. the last time i've played 2k23 was on May.... since that i played a fully modded 2K14 until the release in September.
does the gameplay perfect?! hell no! but it's solid and challenging.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2024, 03:19 PM   #76
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA 2K24 Patch Available Today - Season 4 Arriving on January 12 - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
Couldn’t agree more. I respect OS but certain people treat it like Reddit or the YouTube comment section, calling people names because how dare you disagree with them. Come to think of it, I was told to just ignore one poster because of his name calling and attitude, which is sad when people tell others to ignore you; haven’t seen that since 4th grade.

Fortunately, and unlike a lot of those comment sections, cooler heads have prevailed and we can all move on. Thats why I appreciate OS.

There are people here that are passionate about certain aspects of the game and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Disagreements are going happen. I wouldn’t even bother going back and forth with guys who essentially only come around to incite arguments.
Old 01-10-2024, 03:40 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 0

This recent patch has absolutely ruined the game for me. I've tried a few games and hated every single one of them. 'Lead to basket' has, essentially, been removed for no apparent reason and lots of layups and shots I've tried have now been considered '100% contested' despite being in really good positions while the AI still is automatic when it comes to open 3 pointers.
Absolutely abysmal session of gaming and I couldn't understand what happened. A quick search on Google: 'Ah, they've patched it to hell again'.

It's a shame cause I really enjoyed the game despite some obvious flaws before this patch.
Old 01-10-2024, 04:56 PM   #78
Rookie

Can someone please tell me does the Start Today work? I bought the game on PC last week, updated everything but start today is greyed out and just says Unavailable when I select it. Is it an issue on my side or it isn't functional at all yet?
Old 01-10-2024, 06:35 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milanista90
This recent patch has absolutely ruined the game for me. I've tried a few games and hated every single one of them. 'Lead to basket' has, essentially, been removed for no apparent reason and lots of layups and shots I've tried have now been considered '100% contested' despite being in really good positions while the AI still is automatic when it comes to open 3 pointers.
Absolutely abysmal session of gaming and I couldn't understand what happened. A quick search on Google: 'Ah, they've patched it to hell again'.

It's a shame cause I really enjoyed the game despite some obvious flaws before this patch.
I get why they nerfed it but I think the issue was not the pass itself but both the way the defender plays the pass and the pre pass contact between the defender and offensive player. There needs to be more pre pass contact in general. Bomb passes and forced passes where the defender has good position need to go errant more frequently and people that have a defender or multiple defenders draped over them need not be able to catch the ball cleanly, if at all.

I only ever use that pass if my opponent is playing off ball and fishing for steals on the perimeter and if I notice that the cutter is running into help defense I'd press O to cancel the pass. Making it instantaneous pretty much kills that option.

https://youtu.be/FftaSYPY8Vk?feature=shared

Somewhat related, look at the inbound bomb pass at the end of this clip. 4 defenders in the vicinity and a clean catch.

I agree with your point about contests. Plenty of times I find a gap in the defense and take up a mid range jumper with no one nearby and it either says contested or if it does say open there's no green on the meter. And I'm not dribble spamming so it's not because of the adrenaline system and I'm usually shooting with Cam Thomas or Mikal Bridges.
Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Last edited by YDBoUnCe; 01-10-2024 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-11-2024, 01:35 AM   #80
Pro

havent been playng this game since the first month i bought this...i really wasted my money buying PS5 just for this game thinking it will be update more rapidly "YES im talking about the ART side of this- Player likeness, court colors and lighting etc) i really wih i didnt rush myself and just waited another year.

for someone like me who plays strictly the NBA side only was really disappointed with the lack of updates.

respect to all the people in here who has the same feeling about the game and the one who enjoys it. guess i have o check in here from time to time for a miracle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »