Home

NBA 2K24 Patch Available Today - Season 4 Arriving on January 12 - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 Patch Available Today - Season 4 Arriving on January 12 - Patch Notes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-09-2024, 09:04 AM   #41
Rookie

RobertjKeeton45's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New NBA 2K24 Patch Coming Soon - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by stizz
There’s nothing stopping anyone talking about the rest of the changes. It’s not like there’s a limit to the amount of comments per thread.

If there was no discussion about the likeness updates this thread would be dead. I don’t play online so I don’t care about MyTeam or MyPlayer updates.
I'm with you I think 2k should try harder updating players appearances. It would happen if people would stop spending money on vc. I don't care about myteam or myplayer at all. I only play the mynba season mode and I refuse to play the game until I see players appearances updates
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2024, 09:08 AM   #42
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_D1
What is your expectations for the updates?

And with any issues that you seen of the game, have you tried to reach out to them and tell them what you would like to get changed?

No, because he doesn’t have the game, just here for the drama. …but THIS is the premise for the so called “discussion” here.

and if I’m a dev, that’s where I would have stopped reading.

The “billion dollar company” doesn’t care about your favorite players headband and arm sleeve either. You can’t hurt their feelings any more than someone could spare them. The people that actually do care (developers), You are doing your best to alienate with a lot of the comments I’ve seen. Let’s stop pretending it’s anywhere close to constructive.

but hey- carry on- I was surprised to see the patch thread so lively, thought maybe something major happened. The lack of player art updates is definitely surprising though- feels like there was a substantial update every season last year….and we’ve gotten what? Under 10 the last 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2024, 09:42 AM   #43
MVP

Re: NBA 2K24 Patch Available Today - Season 4 Arriving on January 12 - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
How did a post about a patch become a bash fest by mostly the usual suspects in here? You guys are truly insufferable
We’re supposed to accept a game that for one thing has court graphics/lighting that look PS1 levels and is a clear cut graphical downgrade from even old gen 2K’s? Nevermind 2K23 which looks much better?

That’s a deal breaker right there. And let’s not pretend proplay is enough of a trade off as it’s plenty glitchy and still relatively beta itself.

This game was doomed from the beginning and that was further proven by the fact that the opening gameplay lasted a day. Literally a DAY! That’s a new low for 2K. At least before they’d give us the good gameplay for a week or two before patching it. This time go back and look, you’ll see people raving of gameplay for one day then the next day complaining that it’s all screwed up.

Want more proof? They were offering huge sales 1-2 weeks after launch. I’ve never seen that before. How about more proof? They were offering it for FREE to download as a “rental” mere weeks after launch. Has that happened before?

The Kobe challenge had “meh” care put behind imo. 7 challenges instead of an appropriate 8? 2K23 was far more cared for and launched with much more hype with the well done Jordan implementation and of course the launch of eras which was huge.

And on a personal note, I think giving Kobe yet another cover which I’m sure they felt forced to, which is a lot of covers in a short span (including 2K21 just a few years ago) kind of set the tone for the game running through the motions. No disrespect to Kobe and I understand the 24 connection, but giving him both covers after Joker just had one of the best seasons in recent history? Huge missed opportunity imo. Jokic shoulda got one of the covers imo.

Court editors are still partially broken. The 96-98 Bulls jerseys have the 91 finals black stripe. It’s just clear to me that this game is maybe a bridge before hopefully a bigger launch next year.

Last edited by AIRJ23; 01-09-2024 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-09-2024, 10:59 AM   #44
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: New NBA 2K24 Patch Coming Soon - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeDropped81
Me pointing out that KD looks better in COD than has nothing to do with anything? Are you serious. That totally relates to player likeness. How can the LIKENESS of a player in an NBA game, be worse than the likeness of an NBA player in a non basketball game? Just admit y’all don’t like when we point out these uncomfortable truths. Y’all are too emotionally invested.
COD games outsell NBA games threefold. Of course Activision is going to have a bigger budget and a bigger art department. It's not always apples to apples to compare graphics from one game to another.
Old 01-09-2024, 11:16 AM   #45
MVP

Re: NBA 2K24 Patch Available Today - Season 4 Arriving on January 12 - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
We’re supposed to accept a game that for one thing has court graphics/lighting that look PS1 levels and is a clear cut graphical downgrade from even old gen 2K’s? Nevermind 2K23 which looks much better?

That’s a deal breaker right there. And let’s not pretend proplay is enough of a trade off as it’s plenty glitchy and still relatively beta itself.

This game was doomed from the beginning and that was further proven by the fact that the opening gameplay lasted a day. Literally a DAY! That’s a new low for 2K. At least before they’d give us the good gameplay for a week or two before patching it. This time go back and look, you’ll see people raving of gameplay for one day then the next day complaining that it’s all screwed up.

Want more proof? They were offering huge sales 1-2 weeks after launch. I’ve never seen that before. How about more proof? They were offering it for FREE to download as a “rental” mere weeks after launch. Has that happened before?

The Kobe challenge had “meh” care put behind imo. 7 challenges instead of an appropriate 8? 2K23 was far more cared for and launched with much more hype with the well done Jordan implementation and of course the launch of eras which was huge.

And on a personal note, I think giving Kobe yet another cover which I’m sure they felt forced to, which is a lot of covers in a short span (including 2K21 just a few years ago) kind of set the tone for the game running through the motions. No disrespect to Kobe and I understand the 24 connection, but giving him both covers after Joker just had one of the best seasons in recent history? Huge missed opportunity imo. Jokic shoulda got one of the covers imo.

Court editors are still partially broken. The 96-98 Bulls jerseys have the 91 finals black stripe. It’s just clear to me that this game is maybe a bridge before hopefully a bigger launch next year.

It’s been doomed from day 1 and was a crap game at release yet here u and the other same cast of characters still playing this terrible game, giving 2K your money and crying in OS for months on end……. Why? Same ole song and dance every year yet u keep subjecting yourself to it, is that not the definition of insanity? Like I said earlier u and several like u are insufferable people and it’s blatantly obvious reading your posts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2024, 11:27 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 13

The cut to basket nerf has finally made me uninstall this. It's basically just a lob now, with the person you're "leading" taking 2 random steps and stopping, with no momentum towards the basket, sometimes even moving away from the basket. What a bizarre nerf.

I'm not one to dogpile, but this entry in the series has just been a miss from the start. Here's to 2k25 being better?
Old 01-09-2024, 11:46 AM   #47
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Quote:
So in order for us to see change, we have to be polite? We can’t show passion in our frustration? Us not being polite , gives them a pass to neglect change out of spite? They a billion dollar company remember? They shouldn’t feel personally attacked. All in all, This is a loser mentality. This is why we get roughly the same game every year. They Should absolutely care about “your favorite players” headbands and arm sleeves. Especially when said player is one of the biggest stars in the league. They pride themselves on being the most realistic representation of NBA basketball. They should go above and beyond to make sure the biggest stars of the league are accurately represented. Let’s not act like it’s always a bash fest in these threads. Like ideas and solutions aren’t being presented in these discussions.

“2K” isn’t a magic entity that grants wishes. It’s a corporation whose primary goal is to make money. Growing up is realizing this.

The people that actually share your passion are the developers that work hard on the game 10 out of 12 months. These are the people who you are telling they did nothing because you didn’t get what YOU want. Then you expect them to diligently listen to all your feedback.

It’s not about being nice….be passionate all you want….just don’t do it under the guise of trying to promote positive change….because that’s not what is happening.

Old 01-09-2024, 12:49 PM   #48
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Quote:
They CHOSE to work for the greedy corporation, so what you’re saying doesn’t move me at all. They knew what they were signing up for. They knew they were gonna be on the front line, went it comes to criticism. It is what it is. They don’t get any empathy. It’s not that deep. If they feel personally attacked, rather than motivated to do better, then that’s just pure sensitivity, and lack of accountability. Pretty sure they don’t need permission from the CEO to change a hairstyle or add accessories to a player…Like I said, what you’re spewing comes from a loser “accept anything” mentality. How can our desire for better graphics (actually better anything), NOT be considered positive change? Oh because I didn’t make it sound nice? Give me a break.

Yeah man- I’m sure Leftos signed on with 2K, Got lazy, and completely forgot how to mod- You got it all figured out. Anyone adding nuance is just a loser.

I usually leave the board alone during this time of year anyway- back to my hole. Was just trying to inject some ‘grown up’ into the conversation. Your random tangents not replying to anything I’m actually saying shows you’re not ready for that. Don’t let me stop you- Carry on with the “discussion”

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 01-09-2024 at 01:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »