Home

NBA 2K24 Patch Available Today - Season 4 Arriving on January 12 - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 Patch Available Today - Season 4 Arriving on January 12 - Patch Notes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2024, 12:02 PM   #17
Rookie

qdbprod's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New NBA 2K24 Patch Coming Soon - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDBoUnCe
I think the priority should be gameplay over likenesses. So what if dude isn't wearing the right socks with the right shoe, can they buff user perimeter defense?
Nerf bomb passes?
Improve collision detection?
Fix the fact that the starting and bench lineups are the same? Etc.
All the superficial stuff can be put on the back burner for now.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk
Why not have both? The same teams are not working on likeness AND gameplay. It ultimately just shows where they are as a company; money over everything.
Old 01-08-2024, 12:32 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
I think the priority should be gameplay over likenesses. So what if dude isn't wearing the right socks with the right shoe, can they buff user perimeter defense?
Nerf bomb passes?

You may not, but there is a collection of people that need some of that "superficial" stuff. I would prefer actual NBA game stuff to be addressed but understand, there is a HUGE demo that dont even touch anything NBA related to the game.

Also, there are different teams that do different things. Do you know how long it may take to get that programming to work ? I think they def need to speak about that for sure.
Old 01-08-2024, 01:29 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
2K24 is easily the most phoned in, least developed and least cared for version of 2K I’ve witnessed yet.
Well said, from day one this game has felt like a throwaway. Best case scenario is this is this generation’s 2k17. Which was also completely phoned in. Basically 2k16.5 - a clear downgrade in graphics too.

2k18 followed up with a completely new graphical engine, a brand new Create -A-Player system (which sucked, but still worth mentioning), and the introduction to All-time teams.

Let’s hope that this is the case. 2k24 just being a holdover for a brand new experience next year. New visuals, new CAP, and new classic teams.
Old 01-08-2024, 02:02 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeDropped81
Well said, from day one this game has felt like a throwaway. Best case scenario is this is this generation’s 2k17. Which was also completely phoned in. Basically 2k16.5 - a clear downgrade in graphics too.

2k18 followed up with a completely new graphical engine, a brand new Create -A-Player system (which sucked, but still worth mentioning), and the introduction to All-time teams.

Let’s hope that this is the case. 2k24 just being a holdover for a brand new experience next year. New visuals, new CAP, and new classic teams.
I totally Agree!

graphics and especially lightings just feel terrible (my era stadiums feel even worse!).

the CAP system is outdated and must be replaced or adding new features like eyes and eyebrows shaping.

Lebron's era felt like the most least cared! Wrong Courts, missing jerseys, missing players (yeah yeah i know that it's licensing issue but still it's weird seeing players signatures without the players themselves).

last year we so so many players updates, likenesses and retro players were adding all year long.

and jersey physics... the area which i mostly annoyed! while in modern jerseys i can still see some physics on players shorts. retro jerseys era are not suppose to be tight like the modern days and no physics at all, like none! like in the PS2 days, which makes me to really miss the ps3 days.
Old 01-08-2024, 02:06 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I noticed the last 2 2Ks, they care more about seasons than the actual game play itself, which is a shame.
"The season" makes them money all year long... so they don't give S%&T about anything else.

until like 2k16 2K fought EA by making the game better every year(gameplay, animations, graphics and other features)

Today... 2K is the new EA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2024, 02:10 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvir10
"The season" makes them money all year long... so they don't give S%&T about anything else.

until like 2k16 2K fought EA by making the game better every year(gameplay, animations, graphics and other features)

Today... 2K is the new EA
I kinda wish Sony would step back into the nba game again. I know those games weren't the best but they had shot meter first and if they could put in the level of care that they do with the MLB The Show franchise, they could probably genuinely do some damage.

Old 01-08-2024, 03:32 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
I kinda wish Sony would step back into the nba game again. I know those games weren't the best but they had shot meter first and if they could put in the level of care that they do with the MLB The Show franchise, they could probably genuinely do some damage.

Basically right now the only chance for 2k to care about every other part of the game
and not only pay to win and microtransactions is a "new guy on block" who actually makes a good basketball game. only competition will make 2k show some effort.

Sony NBA games were terrible! Konami used to make ok games back in the PS2 days.

Back in the PS3 days NBA LIVE 10 was really fun and made 2k work even harder which brought us 2k11(top 3 2k's of all time if you ask me).

In the PS4 era NBA Live 19 was really a solid game and I had really big hopes to see them grow and improve.

Conclusion: The death of EA NBA Live series is actually the worst thing that happened to 2k fans.
Old 01-08-2024, 03:41 PM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Nerf bomb passes?

They presumably have a separate art team. It's not that much to expect they stay on top of player likeness, especially when in previous years we've gotten much more than this.

They're a billion dollar company and have a monopoly on basketball games, so they should be held to high standards.

Their roster updates have been awful on 24 too. It took them until mid-December to update the picks from the Lillard and Holiday trades and the official roster is still full of random and incorrect injuries.

Last edited by sirdez; 01-08-2024 at 03:47 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »