Home

NBA 2K24 Patch Available Today - Season 4 Arriving on January 12 - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 Patch Available Today - Season 4 Arriving on January 12 - Patch Notes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2024, 04:42 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: New NBA 2K24 Patch Coming Soon - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvir10
I totally Agree!

graphics and especially lightings just feel terrible (my era stadiums feel even worse!).

the CAP system is outdated and must be replaced or adding new features like eyes and eyebrows shaping.

Lebron's era felt like the most least cared! Wrong Courts, missing jerseys, missing players (yeah yeah i know that it's licensing issue but still it's weird seeing players signatures without the players themselves).

last year we so so many players updates, likenesses and retro players were adding all year long.

and jersey physics... the area which i mostly annoyed! while in modern jerseys i can still see some physics on players shorts. retro jerseys era are not suppose to be tight like the modern days and no physics at all, like none! like in the PS2 days, which makes me to really miss the ps3 days.
The visual experience this year has been really underwhelming. With everything you mentioned, stale looking courts, minimal reflections, dated player models (from faces, body types, skin textures, incorrect accessories), non existent sweat, PS2 level jersey physics, etc. It’s time for an overhaul. They keep using the same assets from last gen, and it’s making the game look really dated. I wish they would get rid of their face scan technology and find a more efficient way to update player models. Maybe through an AI or something? Current scan tech isn’t THAT great + it requires guys (with very busy schedules) to come and sit down. Ultimately, we as fans suffer because there’s no way they can get these guys to come in every single year for an update. It’s the reason why Bron hasn’t been touched in 5 straight years. Which is unacceptable.

I’m really hoping GTA 6 inspires developers all over the industry, to stop fooling around and take their art seriously. I know budgets and dev cycles are different. But still. Enough of these last gen looking games.

EDIT: here’s an example of why they should go away from the face scan technology

KD literally looks better in Call of Duty. I mean IMMENSELY better. And no way did they scan him….There are more efficient ways that can produce better results.

Last edited by KobeDropped81; 01-08-2024 at 05:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2024, 05:55 PM   #26
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16

Modders show it’s possible to make the game look awesome. It’s terrible that a star like Anthony Edwards looks like a cap after all this time and the excuse that “he won’t get a scan” is straight up lazy. Even the scanned players look sub par compared to mods out there.

There’s too much focus on the online aspect of the game but money talks so this won’t change anytime soon.
Old 01-08-2024, 06:31 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

Just look at this pic and tell me that overall (I know face models looks better today) it doesn’t look better than any other durant pics. The lighting, jersey, physics, body types… everything looks better then Lebron face itself(maybe)…
and we are talking about a 10 years old game!!!! On an older system!!!
That’s just f***ed up… And why?!
Because 10 years ago they had competition, they wanted to be the best!
Now… they just don’t care because no matter what, they are the only basketball video game that’s exists and they know people would buy it (including all of us)
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_3052.jpeg (222.7 KB, 205 views)
Old 01-08-2024, 07:51 PM   #28
MVP

How did a post about a patch become a bash fest by mostly the usual suspects in here? You guys are truly insufferable
Old 01-08-2024, 08:19 PM   #29
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
How did a post about a patch become a bash fest by mostly the usual suspects in here? You guys are truly insufferable

It’s called having a discussion. Not everything has to be roses and butterflies. Your post is less relevant to the topic than any other comment in this thread.
Old 01-08-2024, 08:57 PM   #30
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K24 Patch Available Today - Season 4 Arriving on January 12 - Patch Notes

So they added a newspaper 📰 and a extra Era and called it a day😕

2k could of started adding authentic arena music atmosphere into the older Eras 🤷
Old 01-08-2024, 09:34 PM   #31
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K24 Patch Available Today - Season 4 Arriving on January 12 - Patch Notes

They never fix the off-season glitch that resets all the player signatures when starting a new season, it's annoying fix your damn game lazy asses
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2024, 10:29 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stizz
It’s called having a discussion. Not everything has to be roses and butterflies. Your post is less relevant to the topic than any other comment in this thread.

A discussion? It’s called an echo chamber…… there’s not a thread on OS in the last 5 years that’s been “all roses and butterflies “ my comment is in the minority if anything

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »