Home

NBA 2K24 Patch Available Today - Season 4 Arriving on January 12 - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 Patch Available Today - Season 4 Arriving on January 12 - Patch Notes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2024, 04:25 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K24 Patch Available Today - Season 4 Arriving on January 12 - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
The cut to basket nerf has finally made me uninstall this. It's basically just a lob now, with the person you're "leading" taking 2 random steps and stopping, with no momentum towards the basket, sometimes even moving away from the basket. What a bizarre nerf.

I'm not one to dogpile, but this entry in the series has just been a miss from the start. Here's to 2k25 being better?
I get why they did it but I think the issue was not the pass itself but both the way the defender plays the pass and the pre pass contact between the defender and offensive player. There needs to be more pre pass contact in general. Bomb passes and forced passes where the defender has good position need to go errant more frequently and people that have a defender or multiple defenders draped over them need not be able to catch the ball cleanly, if at all.

Granted, I'm on ps4 and it's a next gen only nerf, so it doesn't affect me.
Lead passing and the artificial momentum and speed it creates for the recipient has been a legacy issue that they refuse to fix along with teammate defensive settings.

I put leave him off ball and gap on ball on Biyombo, with a double on drive for Morant and deny ball for everyone else and Claxton is guarding Biyombo out at the 3 like he's KAT lol. And bench rosters are still the starting rosters.

And there still needs to be a way to have individual defenders stay home without using deny ball. Why is that not a thing?

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Last edited by YDBoUnCe; 01-09-2024 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-09-2024, 04:31 PM   #58
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K24 Patch Available Today - Season 4 Arriving on January 12 - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeDropped81
Blah blah. More sentimental garbage. I promise it’s not that deep man
Taking care of your family and being a provider is “sentimental garbage” and “not that deep”. Riiiiiiight lol.
Old 01-09-2024, 04:37 PM   #59
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
It’s sad really, calling ppl names on the internet over a video game, that’s the Twitter culture and what it’s done to ppl not intelligent enough to know any better
That’s ironic. Coming from the guy calling everyone “bozos”.

In fact I went back in this thread and tried to look for any instance of anyone calling you names or insulting you personally and couldn’t find any examples of that happening. If you consider disagreeing with you insulting you, then by all means enjoy your soap box
Old 01-09-2024, 05:03 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: New NBA 2K24 Patch Coming Soon - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
...people could try talking about the stuff in the Jan 8 patch in the Jan 8 patch thread and the other stuff in the threads that already exist about those topics? I don't know, that might be a dumb idea.
Thats where I stand. The patch thread is a valid venue to criticize what has and hasn't been updated and potentially what 2k is prioritizing.

But agenda posting in multiple threads is effectively trolling. And saying that a person who disagrees with you is acting like a girl by whining is amazingly immature and should not be permitted.

Seeing someone say that makes me regret or feel guilty for making my comment about the honeymoon period being over because I don't want to be associated with that garbage.
Old 01-09-2024, 05:16 PM   #61
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA 2K24 Patch Available Today - Season 4 Arriving on January 12 - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdez
I've been as frustrated with elements.of 24 as anyone but you can't go blaming 2k devs for what they prioritise. That comes from the top.

It's generally the lack of communication that bothers me more than what is and isn't updated/fixed. That to.me is something that is controllable and should be improved.

Completely agree.

Even things that can only be viewed as a net positive even go unannounced so that just tells how disjointed the lines of communication are.

I’m fairly certain there are some CAT fixes coming in Friday that weren’t formally announced, and it’s like- why not exactly?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2024, 05:52 PM   #62
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
It’s been doomed from day 1 and was a crap game at release yet here u and the other same cast of characters still playing this terrible game, giving 2K your money and crying in OS for months on end……. Why? Same ole song and dance every year yet u keep subjecting yourself to it, is that not the definition of insanity? Like I said earlier u and several like u are insufferable people and it’s blatantly obvious reading your posts
Looking forward to 2K25 when they add back glossy courts and you jump in to attack anyone who criticizes that game while calling 2K24 “unfinished.”

It’s like starving people of water then giving them enough droplets to keep them alive and being praised for it.
Old 01-09-2024, 06:09 PM   #63
Banned

The fact I ain’t banned yet is crazy
Old 01-09-2024, 06:45 PM   #64
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
That’s ironic. Coming from the guy calling everyone “bozos”.

In fact I went back in this thread and tried to look for any instance of anyone calling you names or insulting you personally and couldn’t find any examples of that happening. If you consider disagreeing with you insulting you, then by all means enjoy your soap box

Bruh what are u talking about? Lol I used quotations when I used the term “bozos” because that’s what he referred to me as earlier in the thread…… did u just choose what u wanted to read and make a non-contextual comment?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »