Home

NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impressions, Players Have Full Control of What They See (Uproxx)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impressions, Players Have Full Control of What They See (Uproxx) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2016, 04:07 PM   #33
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA 2K17 stick skills will be tested, No more being stuck in Animations? [DimeMag

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Yeah they haven't gone into detail on defense. The only thing they mentioned not in this article was that you can now deflect balls if they are put out in your face.
Well from that article that is suggested above, we just don't know.

Sam Pham broke down one of the defensive sequences in the game from last year, where the guy wasn't very clear about the defense, and I tend to agree with Sam.

Old 08-29-2016, 04:34 PM   #34
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: How The Hyper-Realistic ‘NBA 2K17’ Showcases The Importance Of Your Stick Skills

True you are right I agree they haven't gone into detail on how the actual defensive improvements reflect game play in enough details with real life and visual evidence.

I think they talked about related to defense:

• Physics of the ball, deflections on how they play a factor on defense about how you can use it to get steals if the ball is unprotected.
  • On the flip side they talked about how stealing can't be abused as much as 2K16.
  • Help side defense and how blocks will come from help side defense. Way too vague about it now.
  • They talked about how easy the passes were in the paint and not being the case in 2K17
  • They also talked about how passing in the key all "willy nilly" could be used as a money play in 2K16. This is supposedly not easy like this in 2K17 more live balls and deflections. So some of the defense improvements might come from taking away from too many advantages given to the offense.
This and the ability to bump and chuck players is about all we know the real details comes from how "good" and "bad" or realistic defense rotations are coded. Or any other on ball/ off ball settings
Old 08-29-2016, 04:35 PM   #35
Pro

Jesus_Swagglesworth's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How The Hyper-Realistic ‘NBA 2K17’ Showcases The Importance Of Your Stick Skills

Obvious hot take/prediction: The player who learns to control their bipedal tanks the best (AKA defenders) will be the best at this game

Stick skills are irrelevant if they're on one side of the ball. If we had this control on defense, it wouldve been announced it along with this considering the talking point is "stick skills"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 04:37 PM   #36
MVP

Re: NBA 2K17 stick skills will be tested, No more being stuck in Animations? [DimeMag

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Well from that article that is suggested above, we just don't know.

Sam Pham broke down one of the defensive sequences in the game from last year, where the guy wasn't very clear about the defense, and I tend to agree with Sam.

You know, I was wondering when someone would attack this issue. The fact that your defenders do this is actually bad for the in-game world, and it's funny that it's being talked up like it's a good thing.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:42 PM   #37
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_Swagglesworth
Obvious hot take/prediction: The player who learns to control their bipedal tanks the best (AKA defenders) will be the best at this game

Stick skills are irrelevant if they're on one side of the ball. If we had this control on defense, it wouldve been announced it along with this considering the talking point is "stick skills"
That and how well off ball CPU AI is implemented as well as on ball defense is coded with this new physics. You either are going to have to be a hybrid on ball off ball player or strictly on on ball more. I can't really tell from what they released and the Gamescom footage
Old 08-29-2016, 04:55 PM   #38
Pro

Jesus_Swagglesworth's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
That and how well off ball CPU AI is implemented as well as on ball defense is coded with this new physics. You either are going to have to be a hybrid on ball off ball player or strictly on on ball more. I can't really tell from what they released and the Gamescom footage
Agreed, and IMO the way that the AI works now/2k16 is best suited for this offensive showcase coming in 2k17

The random help defense might help weed out bad/dumb players

Im worried that this one sided stick skill-fest will destroy the mental and BBIQ aspect of the game. If more defensive freedom was implemented then this is nothing to worry about.... But the way they're hyping up offense makes me think people can just perfect some BS drive and layup and spam that the whole game

^ Hot takes everywhere, yes, this is what happens when we don't get clear news lol
Old 08-29-2016, 05:43 PM   #39
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

I hope that real player gaps are preserved. I.e. A supreme stick user shouldn't be able to dominate with Kendrick Perkins.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:46 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 15

I'm assuming this will be the big week for 2K news. Did 2K set some sort of action plan for the week? Hoping the blogs come sooner rather than later.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »