Home

NBA 2K13 Gameplay Video Featuring Spurs vs. Thunder & All Star Weekend - 6/4 10PM EST

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Gameplay Video Featuring Spurs vs. Thunder & All Star Weekend - 6/4 10PM EST within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #193
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K13 Gameplay Video Featuring Spurs vs. Thunder & All Star Weekend - 6/4 10PM

I know it's still very early but that gameplay looked pretty terrible LOL. It literally looked like live with all that sliding going on.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #194
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K13 Gameplay Video Featuring Spurs vs. Thunder & All Star Weekend - 6/4 10PM

controls for dunk contest are troubling...it indicates a deliberate "dumbing down" of the control for casuals who are too unskilled to use a simple control stick. back in the day, if you didn't have any coordination, you just had to be bad at the game...now the game developers just pamper unskilled users by dumbing down the game for them.

Last edited by blues rocker; 06-04-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #195
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockdownD
The thing that stood out to me when watching the 2k13 clip on SpikeTv was the player movement and the players feet and all the sliding around on the court that there was like there is in 2k12. Not the tight and responsive player movement like what was in 2k11. Hope this changes in the next 4 months before the final release.
i agree everyone was sliding and no real footplanting like in 2k11. Collisions in the paint were nonexistant also
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #196
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

I'm still tripping about dude's lying comments...

"What have you heard from the fans?"

"Well, it's really that they want more of the same."

WTF?

*Hint: Crew might not be back....
Old 06-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #197
Plata o Plomo

iLLosophy's Arena

OVR: 26

They didn't show it on the live feed....not sure if they will, they are talking about showing star wars now
Old 06-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #198
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by exposedaking
I think I saw some walk up animations similar to 2k7...I think
That makes me laugh because just prior to 2K12's release, a poster here had this terribly worded post about implementing better walk-up animations. I think it came out like he was saying 2K8 was better than any 2K made since or something. Anyway, people just trashed him for pages and pages, then a 2K guy came in, acknowledged his point and said it'd be something he'd be looking to implement in 2K13, thus shutting everyone down.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #199
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

HOWEVER, I thought the Blake Griffin player model looked good. Man, I hope someone posts this video online, so I can really analyze the gameplay. I'm kinda mad at Spike TV for using a stupid split screen to show the gameplay.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #200
Pro

OVR: 6

Pretty much the same sort of showing 2k made at E3 last year - an extremely brief mention/look at a purely casual new feature (last year it was Move controls, which I've yet to hear of anyone ever using) in the All Star festivities. Unfortunately, the dunk contest looks to be a new form of Guitar Hero, and the incredibly small amount of gameplay that was shown once again seemed showcase that the only noticeable changes were different looking on screen score box/menus.

Having said all of that, it's only June, and 2k is notorious for withholding any and all info on new games until the last possible seconds, which is very frustrating as a customer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »