Home

NBA Elite 11 Videos and Impressions From the Boost Mobile Elite 24 Event

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 Videos and Impressions From the Boost Mobile Elite 24 Event within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2010, 05:00 PM   #409
NBA Elite Developer

OVR: 23
Re: NBA Elite 11 Videos and Impressions From the Boost Mobile Elite 24 Event

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
its also unrealistic
The moment you take over what a player is doing you have the ability to make it unrealistic.

If I stand still with the player through an entire half court possession that's unrealistic, but you wouldn't want the player to just start moving around with no input would you?

The fact that you have the control to make the game look unrealistic doesn't change the fact that it is still a sim game.

You can definitely argue that aspects of the sim aren't well implemented or as realistic as they could be, but it is definitely a sim game.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:03 PM   #410
Pro

HoosierDaddy's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm all for the control, if it's within the boundaries of being realistic. You never see players do dunks from that distance unless it's a superstar who has jaw-dropping athleticism and is on the break or has a clear lane to the rack. Seeing players like Boozer pulling off dunks from that distance or seeing Fisher attempt a dunk (when you never see it in real-life) is unrealistic, IMO. Another selection of shots needs to be implemented from the dotted line out (tear drops, floaters, double clutch shots, hook shots, 1 handed push shots), and completely scrap the idea of giving you the control to choose whether to attempt a dunk or not with players like Fisher, Nash, etc..

Now, that will cover most of your PG's and PF's. Tie those in with ratings such as jumping and dunking and you have a pretty sim experience and don't really sacrifice control either, because it makes the whole experience realistic.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:03 PM   #411
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
its also unrealistic
The attempt isn't really the unrealistic part, its the way it looks that makes it unrealistic imo.

Guys shouldn't be able to do things that are physically impossible like Boozer did but attempting to do them is a whole different issue.

I shouldn't be able to dunk like Boozer did in that clip because its not something he or anybody else could do irl imo.

If the player wants to attempt a dunk thats fine but visually they shouldn't be doing what he did. They should take a few more steps to the basket not rocket jump to complete the dunk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 05:04 PM   #412
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
So in other words they should totally add a bunch of unrealistic animations for the users....I'm done
What unrealistic about a guy missing a dunk? Whats unrealistic about bigs that cant dribble losing the ball. Whats unrealistic about players doing awkward moves? I see this all the time IRL.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 08-31-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:05 PM   #413
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
I'm all for the control, if it's within the boundaries of being realistic. You never see players do dunks from that distance unless it's a superstar who has jaw-dropping athleticism and is on the break or has a clear lane to the rack. Seeing players like Boozer pulling off dunks from that distance or seeing Fisher attempt a dunk (when you never see it in real-life) is unrealistic, IMO. Another selection of shots needs to be implemented from the dotted line out (tear drops, floaters, double clutch shots, hook shots, 1 handed push shots), and completely scrap the idea of giving you the control to choose whether to attempt a dunk or not with players like Fisher, Nash, etc..

Now, that will cover most of your PG's and PF's. Tie those in with ratings such as jumping and dunking and you have a pretty sim experience and don't really sacrifice control either, because it makes the whole experience realistic.
Thank you....This i will agree with
Old 08-31-2010, 05:06 PM   #414
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
What unrealistic about a guy missing a dunk? Whats unrealistic about a bigs that cant dribble losing the ball. Whats unrealistic about players doing awkward moves? I see this all the time IRL.
I thought this was an NBA game?
Old 08-31-2010, 05:07 PM   #415
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
I thought this was an NBA game?
Every thing he mentioned has been possible in practically every NBA game in the last 5 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 05:09 PM   #416
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid
Every thing he mentioned has been possible in practically every NBA game in the last 5 years.
Funny Ive never seen Boozer do that nor new it was possible that he ever could do that

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »