Home

NBA Live 15 Roster Update Details (1-9-15)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Roster Update Details (1-9-15) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2015, 11:38 PM   #25
Rookie

benefactor's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 15 Roster Update Details (1-9-15)

Hate to keep saying it, but until EA release patch notes to say this includes gameplay fixes/changes, you are all just experiencing a placebo effect again.

And if EA really are silently updating things, they are crazy for doing so without actually saying so.

There's been lots of broken videogames in the last 12 months. A few of them have redeemed themselves with a number of important patches. If Live is getting fixed, tell the damn world about it.

I can't stress how amateurish this is to patch a game and not say so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2015, 11:57 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by benefactor
Hate to keep saying it, but until EA release patch notes to say this includes gameplay fixes/changes, you are all just experiencing a placebo effect again.

And if EA really are silently updating things, they are crazy for doing so without actually saying so.

There's been lots of broken videogames in the last 12 months. A few of them have redeemed themselves with a number of important patches. If Live is getting fixed, tell the damn world about it.

If the game plays better an EA says its fixed, it doesn't matter til the people that play the game can tell the difference. I would rather it be that way. then them telling me and i notice it still has not been fixed.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:20 AM   #27
MVP

donkey33's Arena

OVR: 10

Won't have a chance to play for a few days. Seems it's playing a better basketball game from the comments but any difference in team/player differentiation?
Old 01-10-2015, 12:22 AM   #28
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by benefactor

I thought Schwall said he would let us know when shooting has been touched...
Old 01-10-2015, 12:25 AM   #29
Pro

OVR: 1

Also, and I don't recall the thread, an EA dev from the gameplay department, did mention that he would be applying new changes to the game during this period of time as I recall. I have not seen a follow - up as of yet, however, he made a few comments in that thread (search around). Obviously it would be beneficial if notes were added and we were kept in the loop, but as Jay pointed out, it is good to see these changes actually taking place. I have been studying certain aspects of the game meticulously (or tried at least) and I can state unequivocally that they have been actively addressing my observations and the requests being submitted to them.

Hopefully we'll hear an update soon from the dev as he stated.

Last edited by Calvenn; 01-10-2015 at 12:56 AM.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:41 AM   #30
Rookie

benefactor's Arena

Just downloaded the update. You guys are kidding right? It was a few kb's, maybe a mb at most. There was no gameplay change.

I just played two full games and nothing has changed.

I don't want to say you look silly for constantly seeing what you want to see, but you have to start giving the game credit for simply being random and not totally scripted and predictable, rather than seeing a tiny roster update and letting it trick you into believing animations and gameplay has changed.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:44 AM   #31
Rookie

benefactor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaychitown312
If the game plays better an EA says its fixed, it doesn't matter til the people that play the game can tell the difference. I would rather it be that way. then them telling me and i notice it still has not been fixed.
No that's not right. Because you've got people here and on their official pages saying things like they are seeing brand new animations, saying old ugly one's are removed and shooting has changed.

If they are saying these things when there was NO change, then EA is in the wrong because it would seem they are happy with such comments making it look like they've done work (when in this case they haven't). It's their job to list changes and updates, not just keep saying 'bug fixes' or 'roster update' etc. Really poor practice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2015, 08:09 AM   #32
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

OVR: 5

Maybe people are seeing what they see based on how they play and who they play with. I play with the 76ers and I know I won't see the same things in game as a guy playing with Cleveland or Golden State our styles and objectives in game are different based on player talent, basketball familiarity, and stick skill. To dismiss someone else's findings without playing under their specific conditions is not contributing. To each his own, but MY game plays with some of the good mentioned above, while retaining some old annoyances. (That standing laying from under the basket)
NBA 2k18
Madden 18
Absolver
STO
TWITCH Stream
BEAM Stream

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »