Home

NBA Live 15 Roster Update Details (1-9-15)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Roster Update Details (1-9-15) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2015, 05:34 PM   #49
Rookie

benefactor's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 15 Roster Update Details (1-9-15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
They already told us that roster movement is done manually, not on its own, so in this case there's really nothing to tell us....

I agree in general though....I have my doubts that all these elements are being patched and no one is saying anything...
They aren't. Certainly not this latest 'patch'. It downloaded in seconds, was the smallest update so far I'd say.

And to further enhance my point, the animations supposedly removed are still in the game. It's just a coincidence some of you haven't seen them. This has happened for 5 or more years on these boards. You have a really nice looking game against the CPU and a bunch of people make posts that there have been secret patches applied :/
Old 01-10-2015, 05:55 PM   #50
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Who in the heck is calling this a patch? It was a roster update, point blank, simple.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:40 PM   #51
MVP

donkey33's Arena

OVR: 10

He obviously missed your post WTF that ratings trigger and limit certain animations which is why some are seeing different after a ratings update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2015, 07:06 PM   #52
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA Live 15 Roster Update Details (1-9-15)

Just speaking for myself...if someone feels like they are having a brand new experience after the roster update, that's fine....I was just giving my take on it. ...Some communication from the dev's would nip all speculation in the bud though...

I can definitely see WTF's point about attribute changes having an effect on animations. If Kemba Walkers layup ability is moved form 60 to 80, I would expect to see some of the layups I see from the more talented finishers in the game.. In theory though, how would it trigger brand NEW animations that we've never seen before? Just wondering.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:12 PM   #53
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Could potentially, if it's part of a specific package. I don't know though. I'm not seeing new animations, just new ball rim interactions.

With that said, if you all aren't using the left bumper when shooting layups and dunks, you're missing out on some flashy dunks and layups.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:40 PM   #54
MVP

donkey33's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Just speaking for myself...if someone feels like they are having a brand new experience after the roster update, that's fine....I was just giving my take on it. ...Some communication from the dev's would nip all speculation in the bud though...

I can definitely see WTF's point about attribute changes having an effect on animations. If Kemba Walkers layup ability is moved form 60 to 80, I would expect to see some of the layups I see from the more talented finishers in the game.. In theory though, how would it trigger brand NEW animations that we've never seen before? Just wondering.
The only way would be if globally any players rating was never above or below a certain level and these attribute edits changed that. Highly unlikely that's the case though and I'd say it's more of just not seeing an animation often enough or forgetting you've seen it before than new animation in the game.
Old 01-11-2015, 09:43 AM   #55
EA Game Changer

SmittyD81's Arena

OVR: 5

For the people that are posting how they're experiencing different animations, shot releases, etc. They may have put the game down for a while and just got back in the act of playing the game. So there's no "placebo" effect here from what they're saying as those gameplay happenings all are post patch. This was solely a roster update. Just trying to add some clarity from what I was viewing on the post here.

On youtube: Username dts5381
As well as the group channel TheSimStandard

Co-Host of Sim Standard Radio Show:

Thursdays at 8PM EST Call in at 914-338-0794
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2015, 12:53 PM   #56
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

Here is what is kind of janky about this game...

I am playing the three party challenge with the cavs. You gotta make 13 3's in the first half vs atl.

My kid is watching me play and as I shoot I hear him say nope or yep each time.

I ask "how do you know the outcome before it goes in?"

He says if the trajectory is flattish they go in, if it floats a bit they don't.

No way...except yes. He is dead on.

So I am looking at a great release wide open lebron 3 float just a touch, or arc just a touch, if you would rather and damn if he doesnt miss it.

Now I see exactly what he sees and he is 100% correct.

I mean I know this is a videogame but should there be a make or miss trajectory in a basketball game? That seems incredibly shallow.

I coach rec league basketball and at practice 2 nights ago I was shooting with the team and decided to put a bit more arc on my shots and damn if my shooting % go right up.

Too bad lebron, miller or k love cant arc a shot a little and have it go in once in awhile.

Maybe this can be patched because its ruining the anticipation each shot because I know miss or make when its in the air.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »