Home

NBA Live 15 Roster Update Details (1-9-15)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Roster Update Details (1-9-15) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2015, 08:10 AM   #33
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NBA Live 15 Roster Update Details (1-9-15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benefactor
Just downloaded the update. You guys are kidding right? It was a few kb's, maybe a mb at most. There was no gameplay change.

I just played two full games and nothing has changed.

I don't want to say you look silly for constantly seeing what you want to see, but you have to start giving the game credit for simply being random and not totally scripted and predictable, rather than seeing a tiny roster update and letting it trick you into believing animations and gameplay has changed.
So patch notes confirms that something was changed?

Patch notes are aimed to help the user and should be standard. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that the same shots you couldn't hit before you can hit now.

The only placebo effect is you believing everything written in patch notes. What does "bug fixes" tell you? Nothing.

Everytime Madden gets tuned, do you they tell you every single tweak they made to the game? No. It's tuning.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:23 AM   #34
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by benefactor
No that's not right. Because you've got people here and on their official pages saying things like they are seeing brand new animations, saying old ugly one's are removed and shooting has changed.

If they are saying these things when there was NO change, then EA is in the wrong because it would seem they are happy with such comments making it look like they've done work (when in this case they haven't). It's their job to list changes and updates, not just keep saying 'bug fixes' or 'roster update' etc. Really poor practice.

I definitely think things can be tweaked without an official patch....

Do I think graphics are being overhauled, major advances in gameplay are being made and a ton of new animations are being added with each Synergy/roster update? Don't really buy that....

That's just me personally....I feel like they can throw a update screen out there and let imaginations run wild...
Old 01-10-2015, 08:23 AM   #35
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

For what it's worth, gameplay changes can be made by updating ratings through a roster, which is what has happened. Download Fernandos excel sheet and see how many attributes were changed and updated. Raising or lowering certain ratings CAN trigger new animations ad well. The roster update disn't contain the animations, moreso of activated some that guys may not have seen before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2015, 09:11 AM   #36
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
For what it's worth, gameplay changes can be made by updating ratings through a roster, which is what has happened. Download Fernandos excel sheet and see how many attributes were changed and updated. Raising or lowering certain ratings CAN trigger new animations ad well. The roster update disn't contain the animations, moreso of activated some that guys may not have seen before.
However im growing VERY impatient with the game. Game needs another patch along with adding editing features.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:21 AM   #37
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6

My wife would like an updated K. Love in the game. She says to get rid of that ugly beard.

I'm serious.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:39 AM   #38
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

This was weird,

Rose wasn't giving that **** up, lol

https://vid.me/WBPx

Ended up like this until the shot clock expired
Old 01-10-2015, 09:41 AM   #39
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

What kind of weird Mr. Miyagi swipe was that on the ball? That was a wax on wax off move. Was Rose "stuck" in the play?
Old 01-10-2015, 09:57 AM   #40
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
What kind of weird Mr. Miyagi swipe was that on the ball? That was a wax on wax off move. Was Rose "stuck" in the play?

pretty much.

Yeah he was just. stuck there when Pau came to set the pick....hand just kept going straight through the ball...

just an odd possession all around...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »