Home

Rumor of NCAA Basketball 12?

This is a discussion on Rumor of NCAA Basketball 12? within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 01:10 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Rumor of NCAA Basketball 12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by football_nut
I heard this also but I heard it on a local radio show. The host were talking about the game and one mentioned that he heard the game was going to be out sometime next year. Don't know if that is accurate but would like to see it make a comeback.

I used to play the game when it was on PS2 and I played the first version for PS3 but give up on it for some reason. I am going to get the 2010 version tomorrow and I am hoping it is good.
I'm still playing NCAA Basketball 10 to this day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 07:13 PM   #66
Banned

Lekcots11's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Combined with hours of practice, days of hard work, memorizing playbooks, ect. I am not a baseball fan, but it certainly is a sport...

And in Football there is a ton of standing around doing nothing, too. The average football game has just 11 minutes of actual playing time, and yet you consider it a sport.
you cant even compare baseball to football. total difference. ncaa 10 will always be better than choops. enough said. topic over. next one please
Old 09-04-2011, 05:40 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekcots11
yes i dont consider it a sport. one its boring to watch. takes them like a minute to throw a pitch. just get the ball and throw it. u dont need this dumb signs to throw one pitch. half the time, the players r just standing there waiting for the ball to come to them. i would LOVE to be the DH. doesnt play defense, sits on the bench for 2 hours and only hits an average of 4 times. ooo what a workout
I apologize for keeping this off topic, but I came across this by accident and had to respond to this drivel.

You obviously have never taken the time to actually watch a baseball game, learn and understand everything that's going on. If you understood it and thought it was boring, fine, but you have no clue.

You don't need signs? So the catcher is just supposed to be ready for whatever the pitcher wants to throw at him? Don't know if you should be ready for a high 100mph fastball or an 85mph snapping curve ball in the dirt? How about the infielders? Good ones should know what's being thrown so they can anticipate and/or position themselves for a batted ball. No signs would be the equivalent of a quarterback just going to the line of scrimmage and snapping the ball; no play call, just do your thing everybody!

Not to mention, you're not just going to throw the same pitches to every batter in every situation. It takes a lot of scouting and preparation to know the strengths and weaknesses of every batter, what pitch to throw when, where to throw it, etc. Again comparing it to terms you will understand, it would be like an offensive coordinator calling plays on a whim with no regards to what defense he's up against, the situation, what his team strengths are, etc.

Why does it matter if a DH doesn't have to play defense if all they do is just stand around anyway? Sorry, there's nothing more difficult in any of the major sports than hitting a baseball. Try taking on the mental task of not only trying to predict what's coming, how it's going to move, is it going to be inside, outside, up or down. Then on top of it, actually hit it in precisely the correct spot and at the split second right time to get the ball to go where you want it to. THEN take a seat and have nothing to do but think about your next AB. I laugh at the thought of the DH being an easy job.

Take the time to actually understand the game, you obviously never have. You might actually like a little mental stimulation.

Anyway, back to the topic, I love NCAA 10, even with some of the annoying bugs. I was really disappointed to hear they benched the franchise and really hope the rumors are true that it's coming back!
Old 09-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #68
Banned

Lekcots11's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oops
I apologize for keeping this off topic, but I came across this by accident and had to respond to this drivel.

You obviously have never taken the time to actually watch a baseball game, learn and understand everything that's going on. If you understood it and thought it was boring, fine, but you have no clue.

You don't need signs? So the catcher is just supposed to be ready for whatever the pitcher wants to throw at him? Don't know if you should be ready for a high 100mph fastball or an 85mph snapping curve ball in the dirt? How about the infielders? Good ones should know what's being thrown so they can anticipate and/or position themselves for a batted ball. No signs would be the equivalent of a quarterback just going to the line of scrimmage and snapping the ball; no play call, just do your thing everybody!

Not to mention, you're not just going to throw the same pitches to every batter in every situation. It takes a lot of scouting and preparation to know the strengths and weaknesses of every batter, what pitch to throw when, where to throw it, etc. Again comparing it to terms you will understand, it would be like an offensive coordinator calling plays on a whim with no regards to what defense he's up against, the situation, what his team strengths are, etc.

Why does it matter if a DH doesn't have to play defense if all they do is just stand around anyway? Sorry, there's nothing more difficult in any of the major sports than hitting a baseball. Try taking on the mental task of not only trying to predict what's coming, how it's going to move, is it going to be inside, outside, up or down. Then on top of it, actually hit it in precisely the correct spot and at the split second right time to get the ball to go where you want it to. THEN take a seat and have nothing to do but think about your next AB. I laugh at the thought of the DH being an easy job.

Take the time to actually understand the game, you obviously never have. You might actually like a little mental stimulation.

Anyway, back to the topic, I love NCAA 10, even with some of the annoying bugs. I was really disappointed to hear they benched the franchise and really hope the rumors are true that it's coming back!
i'm 18. so that means i love the sports that are fast and non-stop. baseball just puts me to sleep. and i literally fell asleep at a tigers game. the score was 2-1. i wouldnt mind if they threw the same pitches as long as they hit the ball. high scoring baseball games ill admit are fun to watch. but a no hitter, jeez ill just watch poker on espn. football and basketball are where its at. high scoring, non-stop, crazy plays. none of that in baseball. and i know actually a lot about the game, i just wish they made it faster. thats what i like about the sec in baseball. they have a pitch timer. just throw the damn pitch.
back on the subject. ncaa bball 10 was great. bugs, but every game has that. hell ncaa football 12 has so many bugs its sick. but its a great game
Old 09-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #69
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

I hate to sound like a bad mod but please keep this on topic. Reason being every time I see this thread updated, I think it's going to be news or rumors of a future NCAA Basketball video game--and it's only something off topic. It's like going to answer the front door and the person says, "It's Beyonce", but when you open the dang door you see this

Old 09-16-2011, 09:36 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I am dying for college basketball game. I want to feel amd hear the college atmosphere. I want to see the unique offenses and recruit talent. In previous years I didnt get into recruiting much.
But I really dont know if it will come out this year. Mainly because NCAA baskeball usually used NBA Live's gameplay. So I would expect it to come out next year after NBA ELite
I think we'll hear about it at E3 2012. Pasta is usually right on his rumors. I love NCAA 10 and still play it to this day.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:46 AM   #71
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

This thread has been derailed. When there is a new credible rumor about this game then someone can make a new thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »