Home

[Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

This is a discussion on [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2016, 12:25 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by minotauri
BOWL DB:

BCI1 Bowl Conference ID #1 (ids are in CONF // 17 is at large bid)
BCR1 Bowl Conf. Rank #1 (put 0 for at large-bid; when you put 17 | 1, you play one of the FCS All-American team)
BCI2 Bowl Conf ID #2
BCR2 Bowl Conf Rank #2
BMFD Bowl ?? ?? ??
SGID Stadium ID
UTID ??
GTOD Game Time of Day
BNME Bowl Name
SGNM ??
BMON Bowl Month
SEWN Week Number
BLGO Bowl Logo
BPLO Bowl ??
BIDX Bowl ID?
BDAY Bowl Day
I kinda figured out most of that when I was watching that video, I also had a dynasty from ncaa 14 with the schedule tab open, and noticed it didn't use bplo, bmfd, or utid.

I believe SGNM is the bowl id.

Random info: I just checked before I started the #1 Florida St v #4 Utah game, and noticed they were both undefeated. So, I guess my little test in my first year proved the playoffs usefulness.

Only issue I've seen so far, and not sure if it's really an issue, but all of the other games don't sim. I'm not sure why, but after I complete my playoffs, it should sim.

Last edited by Brock; 03-30-2016 at 12:35 AM.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:39 AM   #58
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
I kinda figured out most of that when I was watching that video, I also had a dynasty from ncaa 14 with the schedule tab open, and noticed it didn't use bplo, bmfd, or utid.

Random info: I just checked before I started the #1 Florida St v #4 Utah game, and noticed they were both undefeated. So, I guess my little test in my first year proved the playoffs usefulness.

Only issue I've seen so far, and not sure if it's really an issue, but all of the other games don't sim. I'm not sure why, but after I complete my playoffs, it should sim.
hmm I thought your playoffs were after all the other bowl games?

Turns out JT Barrett looks right in PS2, and for some reason he didnt turn out right on PSP. I need someone who looks wrong (i.e. diff color face and body) on PS2) to debug, if that's even an issue anymore. Can you let me know what player bugs there were (generalities or examples)
Old 03-30-2016, 12:54 AM   #59
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by minotauri
hmm I thought your playoffs were after all the other bowl games?

Turns out JT Barrett looks right in PS2, and for some reason he didnt turn out right on PSP. I need someone who looks wrong (i.e. diff color face and body) on PS2) to debug, if that's even an issue anymore. Can you let me know what player bugs there were (generalities or examples)
It should have been, but I went with the guy's method of removing a bowl from lower teams and the way the bowls were set up kind of messed it up a little (#4 Utah, was in the Liberty Bowl). So it wasn't the final bowls. I'll probably work that out the next time around.

everett golson on Fla st was originally white faced, with black body parts

adarius stewart from alabama was the same way

Last edited by Brock; 03-30-2016 at 12:56 AM.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:04 AM   #60
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
It should have been, but I went with the guy's method of removing a bowl from lower teams and the way the bowls were set up kind of messed it up a little (#4 Utah, was in the Liberty Bowl). So it wasn't the final bowls. I'll probably work that out the next time around.

everett golson on Fla st was originally white faced, with black body parts

adarius stewart from alabama was the same way
Ok, I'll look at those two. I was hoping Golson would transfer to UW last year haha. He was rumored to go to a Pac12 school and we needed a QB badly (though I'm more than happy with our freshman Jake Browning even though I hoped he could have red-shirted), but he ended up at FSU. oh well.

Now that I know what PFSH stands for, I'm going to research that a bit more this time.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:18 AM   #61
MVP

The schedule isn't perfectly structured like in the EA da editor, but I believe the team schedules are apart of the schedule tab and that you need to edit team schedules as well as the bowls.

Have you experienced freezing while playing? For some reason the game froze on two separate occasions towards the end of the second quarter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2016, 02:25 AM   #62
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
The schedule isn't perfectly structured like in the EA da editor, but I believe the team schedules are apart of the schedule tab and that you need to edit team schedules as well as the bowls.

Have you experienced freezing while playing? For some reason the game froze on two separate occasions towards the end of the second quarter.
I've only played 1 game of NCAA 06 PS2 and that worked fine on the PS2. I havent tried it at all on emulator besides to review the in-game roster and editor to check on edits. My Mac cant handle the emulator in-game.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:31 AM   #63
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:

SGNM is Schedule Game Number. Essentially its the game number for that week. I sorted it in the SCHD table and that's my theory. So, create another SGNM for a bowl week and create a new bowl?
Old 03-30-2016, 02:55 AM   #64
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

BTW here's some useful links for hex editing:
http://www.m-l.org/~greerga/madden/
http://www.m-l.org/~greerga/madden/file-format.html
http://www.m-l.org/~greerga/madden/tdbwrite-fields.txt <--specific to madden franchise file though

There's a command prompt tool there that can batch edit. It looks a tad tedious to write all the instructions into a text file but looks like it could work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »