Home

Sound off: Who Should LA Surround Kobe With the Next Two Years?

This is a discussion on Sound off: Who Should LA Surround Kobe With the Next Two Years? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2013, 12:47 PM   #33
Rookie

onac22's Arena

OVR: 5
With his price tag? All they can surround him with is himself.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #34
Rookie

The__Answ3r_i3's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Sound off: Who Should LA Surround Kobe With the Next Two Years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
next year you bring in Carmello!! and Eric Bledsoe as a pg, plus theyll get a good draft pick.
in 2015 you bring in Anthony Davis as a PF.
Brook Lopez or Roy Hibbert as a big man.

in 2015/16 you can have a starting line up of

Eric Bledsoe
Kobe Bryant
Carmello Anthony
Anothony Davis
and Brook LOpez or Roy Hibbert.
what are you like 5? smh
Old 11-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 11
Kobe has been and will continue to make the Lakers franchise a ton of money. What they are paying him is peanuts compared to the financial return on the investment. However financial return is different than talent return. What I mean is I'm not mad about the price tag.. I'm more concerned about what's going to be left to build around him. I think Kobe wants to at least tie MJ in championships before he retires. This will be the last push to try and make that happen.

Also, the Lakers get a ton of national broadcast money, fans love him.. and seeing he's probably retiring after this contract people are going to want to see arguably one of the top 3 greatest players ever before he hangs them up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 0

After the drama last season and the public crap that was voiced about Howard, there's no way any big name would sign with LA while Kobe is still there.

He will just fire a bunch of shots every game to try to make his career stats even bigger before he goes.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
next year you bring in Carmello!! and Eric Bledsoe as a pg, plus theyll get a good draft pick.
in 2015 you bring in Anthony Davis as a PF.
Brook Lopez or Roy Hibbert as a big man.

in 2015/16 you can have a starting line up of

Eric Bledsoe
Kobe Bryant
Carmello Anthony
Anothony Davis
and Brook LOpez or Roy Hibbert.
You have no idea how teams are set up and there is a cap they have to follow. Even if that was possible there would be no money to spread around and get a decent bench.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #38
Banned

Klayups's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24
From a Revenue Standpoint the deal makes sense. The amount of Money Kobe generates for the Lakers is absurd. His value to the team is probably triple of what his contract is paying him. He brings in sellout crowds night after night. He'll be worth the money at least in terms of a business decision.

Am I happy that he took that much? Of Course not. I wouldn't say it financially cripples them (Because they have enough for a Max contract) but it's not the greatest deal for a team that's trying to win now.

Gasol is gone after this year. The only other player I could really see coming back from this years roster outside of Nash and Sacre is Jordan Hill. If you can get him for cheap I say go for it. He has shown that he is clearly worthy of being a starting center. They aren't getting Lebron and Melo does not fit with this team. Kevin Love is a possibility the following off season but you can't put all your eggs in one basket.

I have honestly no clue who the Lakers will surround Kobe with. I'm not expecting them to win a title for at least the rest of Kobe's career especially with this contract. I am happy though that He will retire as a Laker but it will be a shame that LA can't get him a sixth ring. Something that I don't understand is why he wouldn't take less money? He's played 17 Years in the league and between that and endorsements He's probably loaded. I'm not asking for him to have taken the Minimum but couldn't you pull a Tim Duncan and take 10 Million? I just don't get it, you clearly want to win another title. Less money taken = more money available for team to sign better players.
It's buisness. You said it yourself the Lakers make probably triple (definitely more) what his contract is worth just off him being on the team.

Why the hell should he take less money?

Dont matter how much he has now. Thats the reality of buisness.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:15 PM   #39
Rookie

Lol @ the Lakers.... It's so hilarious that people don't get that Kobe was never going anywhere, so they could of easily waited to sign him, and sign other free agents... And then signed him to this contract...they cost themselves two max players. Dumb.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 11
Love the lakers but jr will have us in no mans land for a decade unless Jeannie buss pulls a coup....and to answer the question, we laker fans can only hope they win no more than 17 games the rest of the season that way we can hopefully secure wiggins or Parker or exum or randle or smart or Gordon , other than that there really is nobody out there to help us win number 17

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »