Home

Forza Motorsport 4 Impressions From the OS Community

This is a discussion on Forza Motorsport 4 Impressions From the OS Community within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #97
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Forza Motorsport 4 Impressions From the OS Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CAROLINA
I thought we jumped you into the gang last night lol?
Consider me jumped.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #98
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunN1st
Consider me jumped.
Just plain quotable

I'll need to try to jump in with you guys some evening and embarrass myself with my slow speeds...at least I won't wreck anyone. LOL

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 10-21-2011, 04:31 PM   #99
Banned

OVR: 11

I'm not a painter, but I can definitely see the appeal. I bought a '03 BMW M5 and the basic manufacturer colors were a bit boring and was fairly bland for me cosmetically.

So to spruce up the car, I simply swapped out the basic blue for a metallic color (black that changed to green when the light hits it just right) and swapped out new, larger rims. Those simple small changes made all the difference.

Child's play for the truly artistic out there, I know, but something about that was pretty cool for me anyway.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:35 PM   #100
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

The AI is definitely overly aggressive on higher levels. It's gotten to the point that spending some money on repairs at the end of each race is now the norm rather than the exception, because some of the CPU opponents really lack racing etiquette. I don't mind that too much, though, as contact plays a large role in closed wheel racing.

I'm also hating the surprise braking that takes place on some very easy turns, like the last turn at Infineon. I always make sure to keep my distance on turns that require braking, to allow for some early braking on the CPU's part, but it angers me when I slam into the car in front because the CPU was braking for a turn that can be taken flat out or close to that. Sometimes the CPU will even brake on straights. COME ON.

Last edited by CX1329; 10-21-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:57 PM   #101
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Yeah, even on the harder AI settings they do some odd breaking. Not only breaking for corners that should be flat out but I've noticed there are corners where they break after the apex. It is maddening to be accelerating out of a corner only to have the guy in front of you check up. Add to it they are all diving on of each other and spread three wide across the corners and its becomes a parking lot.

I really think the CPU cycles used for new lighting and bigger fields took a toll on the AI brain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2011, 10:43 PM   #102
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Reached driver level 50. The physic engine is fantastic but the game itself rather mundane. The AI offline is idiotic, blind and overly aggressive. Online, well, it is a lot like playing the AI - idiotic, blind and overly aggressive. Strikes a very similar cord to FIFA in the fact that single player is unenjoyable thanks to the AI and online full of idiots. I guess there is no room in the console world for manual/sim players.

There just isn't all that much 'new' in the game after two years. For tracks the only stand outs are Infineon and Hockenhiem. Indy would be cool if there was a need for more ovals or its uninspired grand prix track wasn't already copied by Sunset. Turn 10 really needs to go to school on track design. The fantasy tracks in Forza are some of the worst I have seen in a racing game period, which is sad because the original Forza actually had a few nice fantasy circuits. Also, what happen to short Bugatti version of LeMans? Without that LeMans is an 7-8 minute track that few are willing to endure.

Lack of Porsche hurts more than Turn 10 lead on to believe. The old Forza's had a lot of Porches from classic to modern to racers. Now replaced by a mere two RUFs.

Car Clubs are a joke. Turn 10 again marketed these like it would be similar to TUD where you can setup in-club challenges, races and club vs club races along with message boards. Instead Turn 10 gave us "Clan Tags" spun as something new.

All in all it has a fantastic physics engine and great look. There are many cars to choose from and customize but at the end of the day Forza 4 falls further short of being an enjoyable solo experience. You really need to love hot lapping or have a lot of friends willing to run private races all the time.
Forza 4 is still miles ahead of Forza 3. The career mode in the last game was a boring grind while this one at least mixes it up with some event variety and options on what you want to do.

With this likely being the last Forza for this generation, they have plenty of time to fill in gaps with more tracks and maybe work something out for porsche DLC. I'd like to see them have more fantasy tracks, even if they just rip off the ones in PGR4.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:07 AM   #103
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

Well, the last race of the Championship series sure was a fiasco. On the first heat, I got rear ended two seconds after the race began, and it was such a hard hit that it caused me to spin and run off the track. On the second heat, I got rear ended yet again on turn one, and this time my car flew onto the one in front as a result.

The damage on both heats made my car uncompetitive, and I finished 11th overall, which is my worst result yet. Geez, the AI is getting nasty.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #104
Rookie

Wrecktum's Arena

OVR: 4

The Forzamotorsport.net forum has been buzzing with rumors of a bug that will give players 999,999,999 credits when trying to receive credits from either the Auction House or Storefront. There doesn't seem to be a response from Turn 10 yet, but everyone is freaking out about possible bannings for having glitched credits. The consensus seems to be visit the AH or Storefront at your own risk.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »