Home

NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Expected Later This Month, Details Included

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Expected Later This Month, Details Included within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 05:18 AM   #57
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Expected Later This Month, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
Hmph! Why do us PS3 people always have to wait longer.
Not sure why that is actually, since sony's approval process is typically faster then M$. I am sure it has something to do with you being a Pittsburgh fan -
Old 01-18-2013, 06:41 AM   #58
Rookie

Tribe1's Arena

OVR: 5
I haven't checked personally but according to their Facebook page the patch is out on the 360
Old 01-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #59
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

OVR: 2
Anybody download the patch yet

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #60
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Expected Later This Month, Details Included

I'm going to check it out a bit at lunch, but based on what I'm reading, I'm not terribly optimistic. It seems like they stopped crashing after pit stops, which was a big boost, but seeing that brake checking is still alive and well in T4 at Charlotte, and they are now plowing the wall coming off of corners...well, I'm not too excited.

But I'm still itching for a NASCAR game where it has the current rule set, so I'm sure I'll try it some more before throwing in the towel for this year. I AM eager to see if they improved wheel support for it like they said they did, though.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #61
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

^^^ Terry, you will be fine at Charlotte. It is true some of the cars on the outside touch the wall enough to bounce off 2-3 feet, but it really hasn't disrupted the race at all. I haven't seen it every lap, but enough for it to be called consistent.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
Old 01-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #62
Rookie

Tribe1's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
^^^ Terry, you will be fine at Charlotte. It is true some of the cars on the outside touch the wall enough to bounce off 2-3 feet, but it really hasn't disrupted the race at all. I haven't seen it every lap, but enough for it to be called consistent.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
I haven't had a chance to play yet with the patch. Is the break checking gone? That's my biggest complaint
Old 01-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #63
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

If you're already running it, I'll trust your opinion more than the schmucks on the official boards. Tell me this:

If you run at Richmond, are the AI really stopping every few laps to pit? That's bizarre if true. I typically just run 10-20% career with 3 or 4x wear to get a few stops in.

I can deal with cars tagging the wall, because that's actually more believable than what they did previously, as far as the brake checking. But if they don't all pull straight out into the track and crash everybody on a green flag stop, that's my biggest beef. But the brake checking at places like Charlotte or Atlanta, and things like Dover seeming to have a bizarre line that made no sense in the corners--those killed it for me.

I can adjust if it's predictable and doesn't pull me out of the immersion (like a yellow every time there's a green flag stop). Turns out I don't even get a lunch today, so I won't be able to try it out for like 5 more hours.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #64
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribe1
I haven't had a chance to play yet with the patch. Is the break checking gone? That's my biggest complaint
Well I have only raced three races. In my first two race at Auto Club, and Chicago didn't notice any break checking at all. In Charlotte, I noticed it a little still in turn 3 into 4. That is a tricky turn though, and with a lot of people it feels mostly understandable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
If you're already running it, I'll trust your opinion more than the schmucks on the official boards. Tell me this:

If you run at Richmond, are the AI really stopping every few laps to pit? That's bizarre if true. I typically just run 10-20% career with 3 or 4x wear to get a few stops in.

I can deal with cars tagging the wall, because that's actually more believable than what they did previously, as far as the brake checking. But if they don't all pull straight out into the track and crash everybody on a green flag stop, that's my biggest beef. But the brake checking at places like Charlotte or Atlanta, and things like Dover seeming to have a bizarre line that made no sense in the corners--those killed it for me.

I can adjust if it's predictable and doesn't pull me out of the immersion (like a yellow every time there's a green flag stop). Turns out I don't even get a lunch today, so I won't be able to try it out for like 5 more hours.
At Charlotte the break checking in turn 3-4 is there, but I feel like it is to be expected, as that is a really tricky turn with a lot of people. It could be that I have raced Charlotte so many times, that I am just use to it also.

Racing Richmond right now - hit you back up with what I see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »