Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2010, 12:31 PM   #57
Rookie

loogs's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

WHAT A DAMN SHAME!!!!!!!!!! you can't check swing with the classic controls. im not using that broken swing stick either.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:39 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have a $4,000 Gaming rig and a $199 Xbox360. So of course i'd rather play ANY game on my PC rather then the xbox and yet I have to sit here and see people complain how they are PS3 users and they are getting the worst of it by getting a patch "sometime soon". HAHA PLEASE! PC users have had 0 mention at all! we are getting the shaft! WE pc users can;t even trade in our game and get some money back if we don't like it. We are stuck with what garbage they give us then are forced to watch everyone complain and get patches while we sit here as an after thought.

This is a Joke, and 2K is a joke for catering to a niche market of console gamers.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:41 PM   #59
All Star

OVR: 2

just played my first game after the patch. Faced Oswalt and his stamina bar did reset after 84 pitchers(in the 30's i believe). He finished the inning, next inning(7th) Arod hit a 2R HR off him with one out to make it 4-1. CPU instantly subbed him out. In past games I had to really batter the pitcher to get him taken out so I think the fix is there.

Also for the first time ever my pitcher got Pepsi Clutch Performer with legit stats.

Next I'm gonna go into My Player and see if I encounter any opposing pitchers with 140+ pitch counts(my record is seeing a 231 pitch count).
Old 03-16-2010, 12:41 PM   #60
Pro

Bwnarrow3's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by loogs
WHAT A DAMN SHAME!!!!!!!!!! you can't check swing with the classic controls. im not using that broken swing stick either.
Ugh... Seriously??

Check out my NBA blog here: www.thetransitionthree.blogspot.com

I'm an avid NBA fan and I'd love some feedback on my articles. I write about all teams too, so check out your favorite team!

Twitter: @bowen_connor and @transition3blog
Old 03-16-2010, 12:42 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by loogs
There is nothing wrong with the swing stick at all. Its a great mechanic, and if more people gave it a chance instead of blindly going with the "tried and true" they would have a much better gaming experience.

The developers purposely nixed many of the other batting methods because they wanted to give full attention to their swing stick mechanic to really get it right. I applaud them for doing that, because, as a result, the swing stick has turned into a great and surprisingly deep batting mechanic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2010, 12:46 PM   #62
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Allright just played a game and the cpu pitchers will go back to 99 for stamina once they get to around 35. The thing is the cpu actually took the pitcher out right after this, get this in the middle of the inning!
If you read the fixes for the patch they dont say they fixed the stamina resetting, they only say pitchers will now come out when they get tired which just happened in my game.
I have played over 30 games and had never seen the cpu take a pitcher out when he was still pitching good but was or should have been tired.
So they did sort of fix the issue that cpu pitchers would pitch too long, they just didnt fix he fatigue resetting. Acutally I dont think it resets at all he just goes back to 99 for some reason.
Thanks Jake. Replying to your PM now.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:49 PM   #63
Pro

Bwnarrow3's Arena

OVR: 10

Anyone know anything else about the player editing cap?

Check out my NBA blog here: www.thetransitionthree.blogspot.com

I'm an avid NBA fan and I'd love some feedback on my articles. I write about all teams too, so check out your favorite team!

Twitter: @bowen_connor and @transition3blog
Old 03-16-2010, 12:54 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
There is nothing wrong with the swing stick at all. Its a great mechanic, and if more people gave it a chance instead of blindly going with the "tried and true" they would have a much better gaming experience.

The developers purposely nixed many of the other batting methods because they wanted to give full attention to their swing stick mechanic to really get it right. I applaud them for doing that, because, as a result, the swing stick has turned into a great and surprisingly deep batting mechanic.
seriously, i swear sports video game fans are the only fans that want their games dumbed down and more simplistic every year. they shun anything the slightest bit progressive because they can't stand to lose.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »