Home

Actual Tennis

This is a discussion on Actual Tennis within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2017, 12:56 AM   #81
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Actual Tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Federer is also out with injury now too. Nadal is now gonna be #1 which I believe means Murray #2 and Zverev #3 or maybe 4?

I only got into Tennis because of the "big 4" on the mens side, and Serena/Sharapova on the womens side. Serena done for now, Sharapova with everything that's happened over past year +, Djokovic out with injury, Federer one day nearing end of his career, Nadal has his ups and downs. So hopefully once new players start taking over, they can be good too because on mens side this obviously was the "golden age".
They don't seem to think Federer's injury is serious but haven't ruled it out being serious either. We will see but he is taking off I believe until the US Open which isn't far away now anyhow. Murray is still a force as well so he might have as good of a chance as any to win the US Open.

Nadal if he comes in on his game will be a factor as well. Zverev will probably be at #3 if in fact Federer doesn't play anymore until the US Open or misses the tourney for sure. Zverev might be playing better than anyone on the tour right now. He is playing really well heading into the US Open for sure.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 11:24 PM   #82
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Mark it down. This Shapovalov kid from Canada will be a future #1 for sure. He's only 18 years of age & already has a strong serve & all around game. Has a nasty forehand as his strength but also has a solid backhand.

Can play great defensive tennis. He's destroying the world's #8th ranked player tonight in Tsonga who used to be a factor in most Grand Slams by getting into the quarterfinals & sometimes into the semis.

He's a lefty with so much game. I'd say by 21 years of age definite top 10 but probably top 5 player & by age 22 he should be a factor for the #1 player in the world. Thanks.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Last edited by tonybologna; 08-30-2017 at 11:39 PM.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:23 AM   #83

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

I hope that's true. Having a star Canadian tennis player would be huge here. Milos is closest thing and even he isn't consistent(he has one of best serves in the world, but needs improving in unforced errors department).

Already into 3rd round, not bad for someone his age who is unranked and had to qualify for this tournament. Based on how many matches he's winning, I think qualifying tournaments might be a thing of the past for him, which helps alot in future tournaments.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:50 AM   #84
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Nadal is playing really well thus far but Federer has struggled with two 5 set matches in the 1st 2 rounds. That's not like him at The Open. He just might be primed for a defeat in the 3rd or 4th round. He's just not playing like the typical Federer.

He's making way too many unforced errors & his service game is struggling. He's playing good one set & struggling the next set or two. Just out of character for him so I think he's going to get knocked out here soon opening the door for a possible Nadal final & Open champ.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 09-01-2017, 11:52 PM   #85

Majingir's Arena

Shapovalov wins again. Into round of 16! I think the best opponent from his side of bracket remaining isn't in top 10? Big chance to shock the world.

Last edited by Majingir; 09-01-2017 at 11:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2017, 01:02 AM   #86
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Shapovalov wins again. Into round of 16! I think the best opponent from his side of bracket remaining isn't in top 10? Big chance to shock the world.
I have to say that this Shapovalov guy is quickly becoming my new favorite player. Federer who has been my favorite player will be done soon enough & this kid is something else. He has an all-around game. Good serve. Good forehand. Great backhand. Great defensive tennis player.

Humble guy & very young at 18 years of age. He will(mark it down) be in contention for the #1 ranking by the time he's 21 years of age or maybe before. Just plays a great game of tennis.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 09-03-2017, 12:17 PM   #87

Majingir's Arena

Crazy game. Shapovalov up 5-2 in 1st set but loses 7-6 in tiebreaker. Then down in 2nd,battles back but loses 7-6 tiebreaker. Then goes up in 3rd but once again loses 7-6 tiebreaker. Not a bad way to go out in his first grandslam. Doing things at an age not seen since late 80s.

Last edited by Majingir; 09-03-2017 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:06 AM   #88
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Crazy game. Shapovalov up 5-2 in 1st set but loses 7-6 in tiebreaker. Then down in 2nd,battles back but loses 7-6 tiebreaker. Then goes up in 3rd but once again loses 7-6 tiebreaker. Not a bad way to go out in his first grandslam. Doing things at an age not seen since late 80s.
Yep. He's come from an unranked player to possibly a top 25-30 player in the world now. He's coming up & he's coming pretty fast. He's just too good not to do so.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »