Home
Madden 09 News Post

I'm back now and wanted to relay some news - we found and fixed the Franchise freezing issue that some have been seeing and decided to delay the patch a couple of days in order to get that in. Major thanks to this community ...a few folks here on OperationSports actually emailed me PS3 Franchise files which allowed us to track the issue down much more quickly. You guys rock - as always!

The patch is now at our internal quality control group, and then on to Sony and Microsoft by (we think) Friday.

We are still targeting about 2-3 weeks from now for the patch to drop, and of course I will keep you updated as things progress.

Ian

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Kramer5150 @ 09/08/08 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightbarer
Well. I'm glad to hear there's a patch comming.
Is there an alternative method to getting the patches because i don't have a cable modem? or am i just screwed.
I currently am stuck with dialup,and I'm able to get the patches as well as rosters.
What you can't do however (doesn't bother me) is play online against other folks.

So in short.....the answer to your question in no....you don't need a cable modem to get patches or rosters.

# 122 billsjunkie @ 09/08/08 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
I currently am stuck with dialup,and I'm able to get the patches as well as rosters.
What you can't do however (doesn't bother me) is play online against other folks.

So in short.....the answer to your question in no....you don't need a cable modem to get patches or rosters.
If your on the next gen systems there is NO WAY to get the patches with dialup. First time I ever heard that from anyone.

# 123 Gatlin01 @ 09/08/08 09:15 AM
Actually I`m in the same boat as Cowherpower with only dial-up where I live. It`s actually pretty easy to set the ps3 to piggyback off the pc and get patches.etc.etc

# 124 ab2c4 @ 09/08/08 10:12 AM
I almost wish the real NFL season didn't start this weekend. I was doing fine not playing Madden while we all wait for patch #2 and the DLC until watching all the games yesterday. The wait for the patch and DLC is going to seem extra long now.

# 125 RoyalBoyle78 @ 09/08/08 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
I almost wish the real NFL season didn't start this weekend. I was doing fine not playing Madden while we all wait for patch #2 and the DLC until watching all the games yesterday. The wait for the patch and DLC is going to seem extra long now.
Wait, did I miss something, I keep hearing a lot of you guys talk about DLC, did EA ever come out and say there were doing this, is so I think we should not ever expect this, because your just letting your self to be let down big time.

# 126 ab2c4 @ 09/08/08 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Wait, did I miss something, I keep hearing a lot of you guys talk about DLC, did EA ever come out and say there were doing this, is so I think we should not ever expect this, because your just letting your self to be let down big time.
Supposedly, EA has said that the DLC is basically done, they are just waiting to see if MS and Sony will allow them to release it. I don't know if it is politics or whatever, I just know that I am not the only person who has put Madden on the shelf until if and when it is made available. The DLC content as you might be aware, are the things EA removed from Madden which renders the game almost unplayable without those things.

I'm still hoping for the best and will hold onto Madden (while it sits on the shelf) until we either get the DLC or find out we aren't getting the DLC. All is not lost, I still have NCAA 06 on the ps2 and NCAA 08 on the 360 to hold me over until the DLC is released, or the worst case scenario, will hold me over until some future release contains the cpu sliders and the other "sim" feature that the DLC contains.

# 127 faster @ 09/08/08 11:38 AM
Quote:
Supposedly, EA has said that the DLC is basically done, they are just waiting to see if MS and Sony will allow them to release it. I don't know if it is politics or whatever, I just know that I am not the only person who has put Madden on the shelf until if and when it is made available. The DLC content as you might be aware, are the things EA removed from Madden which renders the game almost unplayable without those things.

I'm still hoping for the best and will hold onto Madden (while it sits on the shelf) until we either get the DLC or find out we aren't getting the DLC. All is not lost, I still have NCAA 06 on the ps2 and NCAA 08 on the 360 to hold me over until the DLC is released, or the worst case scenario, will hold me over until some future release contains the cpu sliders and the other "sim" feature that the DLC contains.
I'm in the same situation. I really like Madden and think it's close. It's shelved until the DLC comes out.

# 128 RoyalBoyle78 @ 09/08/08 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faster
I'm in the same situation. I really like Madden and think it's close. It's shelved until the DLC comes out.
I shelved it a long time, but all I remember people waiting for it PATCH 2, nothing about DLC, if there is a link, please link me to where this is mentioned.

# 129 nxt @ 09/08/08 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I shelved it a long time, but all I remember people waiting for it PATCH 2, nothing about DLC, if there is a link, please link me to where this is mentioned.
LINK: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...atch-news.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
And now that this patch is nearly out the door, I figured I’d drop some more good news… We have officially started building the TOTALLY FREE “Sim Madden Gamer” DLC pack, which includes Accelerated Clock, a “Classic” Controller Configuration, CPU Sliders, and Community Gamerpics for 360. I’ll state again that there’s no promise that this goes through, but we have nearly every one of these features actually ‘done’ internally, so now we have to figure out how to get Microsoft and Sony to allow us to release them.

Thanks everyone – keep the feedback coming, and let's keep this train a-rollin'!

Ian Cummings
Senior Designer, Madden NFL 2010

# 130 Skyboxer @ 09/08/08 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsjunkie
If your on the next gen systems there is NO WAY to get the patches with dialup. First time I ever heard that from anyone.
Yes there is. It's called internet sharing with the pc.
Just can't online game. Now I haven't done it with dialup but plenty of people on here have done so supposedly.

# 131 DrUrsus @ 09/08/08 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsjunkie
YES YOU CAN. Do a search, it can be done and has been done by many users.

# 132 talbain @ 09/08/08 01:25 PM
Quote:
Supposedly, EA has said that the DLC is basically done, they are just waiting to see if MS and Sony will allow them to release it.
that's bs. epic did the exact same tactic with gears of war. "we have this great new dlc, but we are waiting to see if MS will allow us to release it". the answer, of course, is that they will be "forced" to charge money for it. it's basically a ploy to set us up for microtransactions and make it look like ea's not the money grubbing bad guy. it's a brilliant move, actually...

# 133 ab2c4 @ 09/08/08 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talbain
that's bs. epic did the exact same tactic with gears of war. "we have this great new dlc, but we are waiting to see if MS will allow us to release it". the answer, of course, is that they will be "forced" to charge money for it. it's basically a ploy to set us up for microtransactions and make it look like ea's not the money grubbing bad guy. it's a brilliant move, actually...

Well, we should find out soon enough. I said "supposedly" because none of us knows for sure, we just know what the EA guys are telling us on here. Wouldn't it be funny if MS says no to the DLC and then Sony turns around says yes to it? That would be a great move on Sony's part to attract more gamers to the struggling PS3.

# 134 ab2c4 @ 09/08/08 02:31 PM
Quote:
Well, we should find out soon enough. I said "supposedly" because none of us knows for sure, we just know what the EA guys are telling us on here. Wouldn't it be funny if MS says no to the DLC and then Sony turns around says yes to it? That would be a great move on Sony's part to attract more gamers to the struggling PS3.

I am not trying to be negative in anyway, but this is how I honestly feel. Here is how I am looking at the DLC, and I am 100% serious when I say this because the items in the DLC are all things that should have never been removed from the game this year in the first place:

If they charge for the DLC they will loose my future business.

and

If they don't release the DLC for free they will loose my future business.

# 135 widoutkrew @ 09/08/08 04:38 PM
how do i get the patch update when it comes out?

# 136 tanis38 @ 09/08/08 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by widoutkrew
how do i get the patch update when it comes out?
If it comes out as a "Patch", then you will just need to pop in your game while signed on to Xbox Live (PS Network on PS3) and the game will update automatcally.

If it comes out as DL Content (even if it is free) you will need to download it from the Marketplace (PS Store on a PS3).

# 137 ab2c4 @ 09/08/08 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanis38
If it comes out as a "Patch", then you will just need to pop in your game while signed on to Xbox Live (PS Network on PS3) and the game will update automatcally.

If it comes out as DL Content (even if it is free) you will need to download it from the Marketplace (PS Store on a PS3).
What is a Roster Update considered? Does it automatically download as soon as the game loads up, or do you have to DL it from the Marketplace for the ps3?

# 138 widoutkrew @ 09/08/08 04:56 PM
Great, thank you!
I'm new at this. What is the different between Patch, roster updates and DL?

# 139 widoutkrew @ 09/08/08 04:58 PM
Do i have to restart my franchise in order for the new patch to take effect that would fix the progression/regresion problem as well as the freezing problem?

# 140 maddengm @ 09/08/08 05:02 PM
Where the f#*k is this patch? they gonna release it when 2010 comes out?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.