Home
News Post

Playstation.Blog has posted another MLB 09 The Show blog. This one covers the little things that help the game shine.

Quote:
"Hey everyone, Greg Batalucco (Game Designer) and Clayton Read (Associate Producer) here to bring you the next installment of the MLB 09 The Show blogs. This entry will focus on all the little details added this year to The Show that give it an added touch of realism. For this year’s version we wanted to make the game as accurate as possible and included in MLB 09 The Show are actual team mascots, new and improved stadium jumbotrons with game related movies, K boards, realistic crowds, and improved lighting and skies throughout the stadiums. All these enhancements add to the overall gaming experience to make MLB 09 The Show as real as it gets."

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Knight165 @ 02/10/09 11:02 PM
Ehhh...

Not much more than a roster update

M.K.
Knight165

# 22 magoo1967 @ 02/10/09 11:04 PM
My God, this game is going to be INCREDIBLE! Best blog so far, it's crazy how psyched I am for this game.

# 23 Haggis @ 02/10/09 11:04 PM
Looks like they worked on Santana's delivery. Looks good!

# 24 JermaineDye05 @ 02/10/09 11:04 PM
Argh no White Sox in the video. Looks like I'm going to have to make do with the Colon and BA screenshot until the game comes out. Oh and 1 criticism of the video, the guy said "If a stadium has it, we have it." Which isn't entirely true since they haven't been able to incorporate fireworks just yet. Despite that, I still can't wait for this game, it is going to be amazing!!

# 25 Marino @ 02/10/09 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Ehhh...

M.K.
Knight165
They just dont have any innovations this year.

# 26 nemesis04 @ 02/10/09 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
LOL. And I....JIZZED. In my pants. Never gets old.
That video is hysterical, lol!

# 27 Ghoste @ 02/10/09 11:07 PM
Quote:
As well as in San Diego, most fans will be in warm weather attire, but once the sun sets, break out the jackets…burr!!
That is absolutely ridiculous! Awesome work guys.

-ghoste

# 28 mer1in20 @ 02/10/09 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Ehhh...

M.K.
Knight165

KNIGHT!!!! come on now...

Your one liner actually had me giggling like a school girl.

# 29 SoxFan01605 @ 02/10/09 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Hanging of K signs are not new
you know, I thought the same thing when I saw the video. When I read through the blog though, I realized that they mentioned individual stadium's K signs.

If they really have it down where each stadium hangs it in the correct location, it would be new. As I recall, there was just a standard cutscene in 08. Nothing huge, but certainly a detailed touch.

Now SCEA, about my scoreboard...

lol...j/k...sorta

# 30 Knight165 @ 02/10/09 11:11 PM
Secondly, in dealing with crowds leaving early from a game, we have gone through each team, their attendance levels, scores of games, who they are playing at the time and figured out when they would get up and say enough is enough, my team is getting blown out! As you can imagine, there are the die-hards out there and we track it, so no matter what, these fans always stay and support their team. And finally, we have added fans walking up, down and in and out of the aisles throughout each MLB stadium. Fans will also be seen milling around the concession areas and actual vendors are walking around the stadiums. So grab a hot dog and soda, because the little things matter to our team and hopefully you’ll notice these little details as well.

This is what nem was talking about.
...an UNBELIEVABLE amount of immersion right there.

I can't say it enough...SCEA...TOP NOTCH!

Where is my cryin' picture?

M.K.
Knight165

# 31 x1Blumpkin1x @ 02/10/09 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
It made me go get one......
Me too. I just finished my first season with 08 (lost to the Cardinals in the NLDS 3-1). I went through the off season and what not but it seemed so lacking compared to what is coming in '09.

This is a great blog. I am really looking forward to seeing all of these little things in the game. I hope there are some good cut scenes showcasing things like the LEDs, otherwise how will we see them close up?

I am happy about the K counters. I didn't like in '08 that the K counter in Shea did nothing, but they showed people holding up K signs.

Regarding the new attendance features. Will that vary throughout the life of a franchise? Meaning if I turnaround the Marlins and win a few championships will the attendance factors take that into consideration?

# 32 Ghoste @ 02/10/09 11:14 PM
All this sounds sick! I wouldn't be surprised if we seen some players wear Live Strong bracelets, Phiten necklaces, and break out the pink bats & apparel on Mother's Day.

-ghoste

# 33 SoxFan01605 @ 02/10/09 11:16 PM
As for the whole blog, pretty cool. You couple the realistic crowds with the chant creator and you've got atmospheric scrumptrulescentness (go ahead, look that up...I'll be waiting)..............

Okay, so it's a made up term, but it's still true. Now as for the crowds, I wonder if we can hear, for example, a "LET'S GO RED SOX" chant in baltimore when we've beaten them into submission in a game there. It happens frequently (sorry O's fans...not trying to mess with you guys or anything) so it would be a neat touch.

Anyway, great stuff!

# 34 Shinyhubcaps @ 02/10/09 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
As for the whole blog, pretty cool. You couple the realistic crowds with the chant creator and you've got atmospheric scrumptrulescentness (go ahead, look that up...I'll be waiting)..............
4 results on Google.

Anyway, great blog, and that video was outstanding. Terrific, terrific video. It gets me excited for the game, no doubt.

# 35 Socalbias @ 02/10/09 11:25 PM
I so encourage everyone if they see a dev team member to tell them this. Next year they should have more to do with the media. What I mean is have a bunch of media on the field before the game and after the game. Have photographers everywhere in the stands and i mean those professional photographers that are really good. Um also I hope they add fire to the angel stadium night gae when sumone hits a home run. Or the fielders talkign to each other when you are hitting or pitching. Other things like weather we will like next year and during the 3rd, 7th inning we see the field crew come out and drag the field. We see before the game the field crew walking around. We need more people in the dugouts like sitting up and watchign the game or actually moving around.. thats all i just thought of for right now

# 36 SoxFan01605 @ 02/10/09 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyhubcaps
4 results on Google.

Anyway, great blog, and that video was outstanding. Terrific, terrific video. It gets me excited for the game, no doubt.
lol...really? Together like that? D*mn...thought I had myself a new phrase...lol

Jokes aside, you're right. The video does get you excited to play the game.

# 37 DJ @ 02/10/09 11:32 PM
Will all "the little things" appear in the PS2 version?

I can't afford to convert to a PS3 right now, so I'm rolling with the PS2.

# 38 Knight165 @ 02/10/09 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Will all "the little things" appear in the PS2 version?

I can't afford to convert to a PS3 right now, so I'm rolling with the PS2.
ROLL HARD....to a gas station....set one of the pumps ablaze and in the confusion make off with the cash register.
KEEP ROLLING.....HARD......to Best Buy and grab yourself a PS3 bundle w/The Show '09.
Maybe they'll even give you credit for the cash register!

No need to thank me...just doin' what I can to get as many people as possible happy.

Oh.....and if you get caught...tell 'em it was Kolbe's idea!

M.K.
Knight165

# 39 bowld @ 02/10/09 11:46 PM
ok so the video said that at Wrigley field the ivy will change from brown to full and green as the season progresses...AMAZING..

my only question...if were playing exhibition do we get to chose what time of year it is or will we have to play the Cubs in a franchise to see the different types of ivy?

# 40 huggerorange73 @ 02/10/09 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JermaineDye05
Oh and 1 criticism of the video, the guy said "If a stadium has it, we have it." Which isn't entirely true since they haven't been able to incorporate fireworks just yet. Despite that, I still can't wait for this game, it is going to be amazing!!
I was thinking the exact same thing.....it's not going to keep me from buying and enjoying the game one bit...but if you're gonna pimp the "If a stadium has it, we have it" then make sure you actually have it

I'm looking forward to seeing Southpaw in the game as well

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.