Home
Madden 2010 News Post

There won't be a Madden blog next week due to us all being out at E3, so with this being Memorial Day this blog seemed very fitting to make up for it. Enjoy!

Quote:
"Hey Madden fans - just wanted to drop in with a bit of good news and show an upgrade that we've added to Madden NFL 10 - and that is the addition of the USAF Thunderbirds!

These elite pilots make a guest appearance in our Super Bowl and Conference Championship games, buzzing over the stadium at speeds exceeding 300 mph, leaving a nice trail of smoke in their wake."

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Lodeus @ 05/25/09 06:48 PM
Cool. thanks Ian.

# 22 Kevin26385 @ 05/25/09 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I can hook it up to certain stadiums if you want it. I already have Jags and Bucs getting random flyovers in Play Now and Franchise games...I have heard Chiefs and Bears as well.

Anyone else? I need to know by like tonight.
Your the man Ian, I was at every game and I think every home game but one or two had a flyover. So a random flyover in play now and franchise would be great!

Thanks!

# 23 BrianFifaFan @ 05/25/09 06:48 PM
Quote:
I can hook it up to certain stadiums if you want it. I already have Jags and Bucs getting random flyovers in Play Now and Franchise games...I have heard Chiefs and Bears as well.

Cleveland has them, as well. But it's a single Guard F-16

# 24 MattIntellect @ 05/25/09 06:48 PM
Quote:

Someone should start a thread on this.

# 25 kmart2180 @ 05/25/09 06:49 PM
Ian you's guys are doing an AMAZING JOB! I have never anticipated a video game as hard as I am Madden10. I always cant wait for Madden but this one is on another level. You's guys are definitely putting it all on the line with this one. We thank you for that.

Keep up the great work!

# 26 PlatooN @ 05/25/09 06:49 PM
Quote:

Lambeau!!! thought that was a gimme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3EgR...eature=related

# 27 rsoxguy12 @ 05/25/09 06:49 PM
Quote:

pats at gillette

maybe you should do this in franchise for all home openers.

# 28 KANE699 @ 05/25/09 06:51 PM
Quote:

Every open stadium does it, the chiefs have it every home game I know that for sure, so basically any non covered stadium has it.

Panthers Packers Bengals Browns all of em.

Here is a video about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFw1PgZfOg4

# 29 AC IS ART @ 05/25/09 06:53 PM
That Buccaneers pic is so lifelike.

# 30 Wilk5280 @ 05/25/09 06:54 PM
Broncos have the flyover pretty much every home game.

# 31 MattIntellect @ 05/25/09 06:54 PM
Post what specific teams have USAF Thunderbird flyovers in this thread:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...nderbirds.html

# 32 g2thecore @ 05/25/09 06:55 PM
Am I the only one excited that we're going to actually see players with no helmets on? That's a first!

# 33 LBzrule @ 05/25/09 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Every open stadium does it, the chiefs have it every home game I know that for sure, so basically any non covered stadium has it.

Here is a video about it

Ahhh Ian you know what I'm thinking. Ravens pre-game intro and right after the Intro the USAF Thunderbirds come roaring in. Man that on Dolby Surround sound is going to kick... Make sure the crowd roars for pre game into though.

# 34 Steve_OS @ 05/25/09 06:58 PM
That's pretty damn cool Ian.

# 35 trufootball @ 05/25/09 06:59 PM
Sounds like the presentation department has gotten a big upgrade this year. Watch out, 2k5!

# 36 BrianFifaFan @ 05/25/09 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699

Here is a video about it

Thanks for that link. Loved the A-10's over Soldier Field! Ian you guys need to expand this for '11

# 37 KANE699 @ 05/25/09 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
Post what specific teams have USAF Thunderbird flyovers in this thread:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...nderbirds.html
Every open stadium does it a few times a year.

# 38 sdid22 @ 05/25/09 07:01 PM
Haven't been a huge Madden guy but I will be now. This team puts in work. I am impressed with the upgrades and I'm a presentation guy. I am psyched to see what they have in store and i will purchase this game for sure. NCAA devs please take notes the upgrades that you guys have implemented are sub par. Still a glimmer of hope that the presentation got a make over. Time will tell . . .

# 39 SoxFan01605 @ 05/25/09 07:07 PM
Great stuff, Ian. It's hard not to be excited for the direction you guys seem to be taking this franchise. It would appear the Madden ship is finally being righted.

# 40 The Art Shell Face @ 05/25/09 07:10 PM
What's most interesting to me is that the "system" before this year was so inefficient and inflexible. Ian doesn't explicitly state this but he hints at it. How can such a huge, well-funded game have such a basic crippling issue? They couldn't even take player helmets off? That just seems wrong to me. It seems lazy to not fix something like that.

I know they probably won't talk about it, but I would love some details on what was wrong with the system before, and what this team has done to change it. It would be an interesting look into the philosophy of this year's team versus the last few years.

Anyways, great work as always Mr. Cummings. I hope EA acknowledges the effort you've put into this year and you're rewarded for the hard work.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.