Home
Madden 2010 News Post

There won't be a Madden blog next week due to us all being out at E3, so with this being Memorial Day this blog seemed very fitting to make up for it. Enjoy!

Quote:
"Hey Madden fans - just wanted to drop in with a bit of good news and show an upgrade that we've added to Madden NFL 10 - and that is the addition of the USAF Thunderbirds!

These elite pilots make a guest appearance in our Super Bowl and Conference Championship games, buzzing over the stadium at speeds exceeding 300 mph, leaving a nice trail of smoke in their wake."

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Netherscourge @ 05/26/09 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavigatorD83
Another thing that i would like to see and you probably have thought of it is players coming out of the tunnel.

They had the players coming out on the field in Madden 08 - when they showed off their "weapon" status.

Then they took them out in 2009.

Not sure why - I thought it was the coolest part of the intro to see your star players introduced.

# 142 deltroy @ 05/26/09 08:31 AM
Wow Ian great job will you let us know the final verdict please?

# 143 roadman @ 05/26/09 09:05 AM
Who cares if it's new or not, at least it's in now.

# 144 K_GUN @ 05/26/09 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by project_mist
14 Pages, full of responses that indicate many here are seeing this feature for the first time was indeed enough for me to believe that very few knew about it. I applauded the feature, posted a video of the feature I'm referring, and will move on.

No need to be an overtly sensitive apologist, as I'm not challenging anything in the topic.
i was once a 2kfanboy like you

but......i've moved on

you should too

# 145 K_GUN @ 05/26/09 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
this is nothing new. 2K5 fans had this. Glad Ian is studying 2K5.

ha ha..let me guess....your next post will state that the sun rises in the east

or that cars have wheels

from now until Aug 14, get ready for a bunch of:

"well 2k5 had that 5 years ago"

# 146 DGuinta1 @ 05/26/09 09:16 AM
Very sweet Ian! Thank you! Why not have the fly overs occur sporadically during the season and of course happen during the championship games? Would be cool to maybe happen once or twice during the regular season. Keep the fan/game player guessin. Otherwise keep up the great work!

# 147 roadman @ 05/26/09 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
ha ha..let me guess....your next post will state that the sun rises in the east

or that cars have wheels

from now until Aug 14, get ready for a bunch of:

"well 2k5 had that 5 years ago"
Also, another one will be, it should have been in LG.

# 148 K_GUN @ 05/26/09 10:09 AM
Quote:
lol..u right it will be, until madden surpass it. ohh I forgot, madden fans are use to subpar games and gimmicks..lol Is that why u play for 6 months and trade it in, them cry..please oh please put refs in..lmao. Anyway glad Ian changing things for the better.
your use of english & sentence structure is on par with past maddens

# 149 SageInfinite @ 05/26/09 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
your use of english & sentence structure is on par with past maddens

# 150 TreyIM2 @ 05/26/09 10:45 AM
I must add my two cents about those who harp on 2K5, AGAIN - LET IT GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

As much as I think 2K5 is/was a great game of football that I actually still own even though I've been on board with Madden since it's console inception on the Genesis, it's just pathetic to keep talking about 2K5 as if Ian and everyone else doesn't already know about that game. I've even said it a while back - 2 DIFFERENT FOOTBALL ENGINES AND TECH. Ian has even been forthright saying how they didn't have the tech to do certain things in the past. That can also be attributed to how flexible the engine is and how easy or hard it is to implement different certain things on it.

Those who love to dwell in the past need to get over themselves and just learn to let things go. This is 2009, not 2004 and EA is trying to make amends in ALL their sports games and even their non-sports games. Those of you who can't roll with that, get back in your time machine to the past and get lost.

# 151 -DaVe- @ 05/26/09 11:46 AM
Sorry to rain on everybody's parade
I know this is a neat little addition to Madden but in no way shape or form should energy be put more on this than running and throwing animations.
Jus my 2 cents

# 152 Valdarez @ 05/26/09 11:48 AM
I really hate advertising in Madden. It's been over done in that last generations, in ways that don't line up with the game. The presentation of a snickers bar at the coin flip for example. I pretty much hate ANY product that's shown there now. I haven't had a snickers bar since 2007. I digress though...

If Madden is truly upping the ante with regards to presentation, it might be neat if they had old super bowl commercials in there between the half in offline mode.

If they added the ability to update their content, they could add new spots, ahead of next year's Super Bowl, as a way to 'test' the ads before their Super Bowl debut, using Madden as a way to see if gamers watch the entire ad or click through it to get back to the game.

Take this idea to Peter Moore guys. I'm sure he'll love it. He's all about the online advertising revenue potential of the game.

# 153 NYG34 @ 05/26/09 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Yeah, we thought of it.
yea i would love during the superbowl the 2 teams coming out of the tunnel that would be sick. i would love to hear the broadcaster announce the teams names it would make madden feel so authentic.

# 154 Deegeezy @ 05/26/09 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez

If Madden is truly upping the ante with regards to presentation, it might be neat if they had old super bowl commercials in there between the half in offline mode.
You're opening up Pandora's Box on this one. Please, no commercials in Madden!

# 155 Valdarez @ 05/26/09 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
You're opening up Pandora's Box on this one. Please, no commercials in Madden!
lol.... too true!

# 156 Valdarez @ 05/26/09 01:13 PM
I'm curious about the cart experience. One, were there people on the carts (if so, who did you use?)? Two, what were their facial expressions as they flew on carts hundreds of feet above the arena? Three, can we get a screen shot of those expressions?

# 157 roadman @ 05/26/09 01:30 PM
Quote:
For the madden sheep that will defend madden nomatter how bad it is, which madden should I go too that represent the NFL the best over 2K5? Let me guess...NONE!!!. Madden10 looks promising and I give Ian props for his efforts. But don't criticize people on here, when its something they been use too and just pointing out. Majority of madden fans are use to the arcade style gameplay and fluff. Sim fans are not and 2K5 wasn't perfect, but it damn sure represent the NFL well. So until madden surpasses it, u damn right we going to point it out. Ian I know u see this, all im asking is surpass it, if not this year...NEXT!!!
Relax, we all get it , 2k and Madden fans. It's over done and something that can't be changed. There is no need to point anything out.

I think most of us are hoping Ian and his team can right the ship. Isn't that what you want?

No need to stir the pot any further than you have.

# 158 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/26/09 01:44 PM
Quote:
this is nothing new. 2K5 fans had this. Glad Ian is studying 2K5.
LOL it ain't a matter of Ian studying 2k5. It's just a matter of Ian is getting tired of people comparing 2k5 with madden. Ian finally snaped on community day when one of guys pull out a copy of 2k5 and challange Ian to do better then 25k. So that is what Ian is doing. He is shuting up 25k fans finally this year by adding all this stuff like flyovers and national athems and presentions and so on. I believe Ian first year alone he has out did 2k5. So hoefully now the 2k5 fans can finally chill out.

# 159 roadman @ 05/26/09 01:57 PM
Quote:
Its all good roadman, just tired of the madden sheep always talking trash. If u say something that 2k5 has already had in there game, madden sheep get there panties in a bunch. Ill I want is the best representation of football..whether it EA or 2K. It just a shame its taking this long to get there...feel me?
And I explained why Madden fans get uptight when people point out that 2k5 had this or that in the game. It's said here at least once everyday over the past several years.

Yeah, I am with you on the last statement, but there isn't anything you or I can do to change that until something comes out that is as good as or better than 2k. You don't have to point it out in every post, though.

Also, tried to point out in my last post indirectly, (now directly) that calling people Madden Sheep has the potential to start flame wars, don't you agree?

# 160 BrianFifaFan @ 05/26/09 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I really hate advertising in Madden. It's been over done in that last generations, in ways that don't line up with the game. The presentation of a snickers bar at the coin flip for example. I pretty much hate ANY product that's shown there now. I haven't had a snickers bar since 2007. I digress though...

If they added the ability to update their content, they could add new spots, ahead of next year's Super Bowl, as a way to 'test' the ads before their Super Bowl debut, using Madden as a way to see if gamers watch the entire ad or click through it to get back to the game.

Take this idea to Peter Moore guys. I'm sure he'll love it. He's all about the online advertising revenue potential of the game.
See, I disagree. I used to love how the guys would redo the stadium mods for MVP and had real signage. I know they were unlicensed, but they added so much more authenticity. If EA would replace the Knobby Tires signs with as much real-life stuff as possible, I'd love it. I don't like generic stuff detracting from the experience. But I do kinda agree about the Coke Zero coin toss. It should be more subtle, like signage. Or maybe have multiple sponsers that would switch up bringing you the game...?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.