Home
UFC 2009 Undisputed News Post

The UFC Patch is now up for the Xbox 360. We are checking to see if it's up for the PS3 yet.

Here is a list of the fixes in the patch:

Quote:
"What’s up guys, Neven here with an update on the patch for UFC 2009: Undisputed.

I want to thank all of you for the support in making UFC 2009: Undisputed such an amazing success. That being said I want to you to know we’ve been working hard on fixing some of the issues found in the online experience. Hit the jump for the list of fixes.
  • We recognize premature match quitting as the biggest online issue and have taken steps to fix it. The Patch will have integrated code that detects who pulls the cable and will assign a Loss as well as a Did Not Finish to that player. The DNF is only counted for the player who executes the disconnection. The DNF rate will be displayed on the fighter selection screen of the Online Ranked Match. When disconnected the Winning Streak is also reset to 0.
  • We’ve adjusted Ranked Matches to match up players with better connections, which will improve lag issues we’ve seen to date.
  • We’ve adjusted the difficulty of performing submissions against AI opponents to improve the balance of subs vs. striking when playing against the AI.
  • We’ve adjusted the Flash KO rate so that they are less frequent.
  • We’ve increased maximum number of points awarded in online play from 99,999 to 999,999 and we’ve increased the Max Level from 100 to 200.
  • We’ve lowered the Winning Streak Bonus Max from 5 to 3.
  • We’ve removed the decimal places on the Leaderboard Winning Percentage so we only show whole percentages.
  • We’ve addressed the CAF cheat so the skill levels in CAF cannot be cheated and increased. Also any CAF with unfair point values will no longer be able to be used Online.
  • For PS3 users we’ve also fixed a bug that causes a freeze during auto-save; whichever controller was used to Press Start on the Title Screen will be identified as the main controller.

Thanks to forum user Timmay for the heads up!

UFC 2009 Undisputed screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: UFC 2009 UndisputedReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
UFC 2009 Undisputed Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TCrouch @ 07/30/09 10:23 AM
Please for the love of God tell me the disconnect issue is officially a thing of the past...

# 2 Scoop_Brady @ 07/30/09 10:43 AM
The real key is if they get the loss too.

# 3 sb24 @ 07/30/09 10:45 AM
SWEET!!!! I wonder if they did it in a way that makes the quiters not realize they are being punished. Well wait, do they get a loss or just a higher dnf %.

EDIT: just saw the question asked.

# 4 TCrouch @ 07/30/09 10:52 AM
Thanks Timmay. I may actually go back to fighting ranked matches.

# 5 Millennium @ 07/30/09 11:06 AM
Can you see DNF% in their stat screen?

# 6 Phobia @ 07/30/09 11:25 AM
I hope it is not to late. Meaning that I have had the hardest time finding fights the last couple weeks. Always brings up the "No games found" screen. Then I have to create a match and wait FOREVER.

I think the quitting drove alot of people to shelve the game.

# 7 Pappy Knuckles @ 07/30/09 11:29 AM
Did they reset the wins and losses?

# 8 Pappy Knuckles @ 07/30/09 11:34 AM
I just thought it would be funny to see all of the cheaters hard work be erased. I don't really care about my own record.

# 9 Stumbleweed @ 07/30/09 11:43 AM
Thank god. About damn time... I can start playing online again.

I'll be on tonight to whoop some asses... hit me up. Wanna see how the Flash KOs feel and whatnot too.

# 10 Wet Bandit @ 07/30/09 11:52 AM
Can someone try subbing the CPU? I'd be interested to know if it's noticably better. I've been waiting for this patch to come out before starting a career with a jiu-jitsu guy.

# 11 sportznut02 @ 07/30/09 12:01 PM
Checking for the PS3 update right now.

# 12 sportznut02 @ 07/30/09 12:07 PM
Didn`t see anything yet for the PS3.

# 13 taz2018 @ 07/30/09 12:20 PM
Nothing on the PS3 yet

# 14 JohnDoe8865 @ 07/30/09 12:35 PM
Hallelujah the patch is out!

# 15 Jukeman @ 07/30/09 12:49 PM
Yes!!!!

Now I can enjoy two fighting games, one for career and the other for online.

Two major problems fix!

Flash KO tuned down(hope to see more flash KD's) now I wont run into 10 str8 super man punches as their only strategy anymore!!!

# 16 TCrouch @ 07/30/09 01:05 PM
To be perfectly honest, this is the one game I can recall where cheesing is practically impossible.

Sure, they could throw a ton of superman punches, but it's so easy to score a takedown and hold them on the ground all round and pummel them. Those guys usually have no clue how to defend, so once it goes to the ground it's usually a minute or two away from a GnP KO or a sub as they scramble out of panic.

If you have any player that's just using one tactic, you can always beat them with something else.

My absolute favorite moment of almost every fight against guys like that is "stand up, *****!!!! Won't throw a punch?!?!?! You little pussified candy ***"...etc etc etc.

Right before they get caught in a triangle choke.

...and dashboarded.

At least now the end is different

# 17 Stumbleweed @ 07/30/09 01:08 PM
Yeah, my submission victory % is gonna skyrocket... that's when they were ALWAYS able to quit in time and escape without a loss. I started just GnPing people since they'd always screw me over when I'd sub them, but now I can get back to my bread and butter.

Get ready for the triumphant return of Karo.

# 18 Jukeman @ 07/30/09 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
To be perfectly honest, this is the one game I can recall where cheesing is practically impossible.

Sure, they could throw a ton of superman punches, but it's so easy to score a takedown and hold them on the ground all round and pummel them. Those guys usually have no clue how to defend, so once it goes to the ground it's usually a minute or two away from a GnP KO or a sub as they scramble out of panic.

If you have any player that's just using one tactic, you can always beat them with something else.

My absolute favorite moment of almost every fight against guys like that is "stand up, *****!!!! Won't throw a punch?!?!?! You little pussified candy ***"...etc etc etc.

Right before they get caught in a triangle choke.

...and dashboarded.

At least now the end is different
I agree, infact if I remember I am 107-50 with like 60 something Subs...I'll say about 75% of my losses came from flash KO's abd of course I should have waaaay more wins...Now its game time

# 19 DTX3 @ 07/30/09 02:01 PM
Nice, hopefully we get it soon for the PS3.

# 20 thaima1shu @ 07/30/09 02:23 PM
Sweet. I pretty much stopped playing this game to wait for the patch. Had a bunch of other games I wanted to get through too. Now I can resume the addiction

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.