Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

2K Sports has announced the patch details for NBA 2K10.

Quote:
"Hey 2Kers,

Just an update to let everyone know that we have completed the Xbox 360 version of the patch. As promised, you will find the patch details below. The items in bold are items that have also been addressed in a new version of the PS3 patch (I've updated that thread with the appropriate information).

To answer a question that I have received many queries about, these patches do NOT require you to restart your Associations and My Player careers. Good luck with your players and teams!

SimBaller"

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 trav402 @ 10/21/09 12:40 AM
Anything in there about long socks being fixed? Right now it's just black tights on anyone wearing them.

# 62 Hassan Darkside @ 10/21/09 12:40 AM
Wait...so am I reading correctly that the patch will change MyPlayer minutes to 5 regardless, even if you already have changed the quarter length prior to starting??

# 63 VDusen04 @ 10/21/09 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trav402
Anything in there about long socks being fixed? Right now it's just black tights on anyone wearing them.
Oh good call. That's kind of annoying. I'm thankful no Pistons are wearing knee-highs this year, though with white socks home and away, it would have been an easy fix (white calf sleeves). That is what I did for the Mavericks.

# 64 ksolo12 @ 10/21/09 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L_E_O
Now that's a list! It'll be great if they REALLY fix all of that, but I have to admit I'm skeptical.

I hate to be the pessimist here (lord knows there are enough of those in forums these days), but I have to ask the question. How many of these "bugs" did 2K know about before they released the game? I find it extremely hard to believe that all of these things slipped by their QA team before the game was released... mind you that this will be the same QA team responsible for reviewing the patch.

So what gives here for 2K? Did they knowingly release the most bug-filled sports title in years just to hit the street date or is their QA department REALLY this terrible?
I gotta agree with you on this one. How the heck did this game seriously get out the door with all of these issues. There's no way all the fine folks at 2K could have objectively played this game and felt it was complete. I know all games have problems but this list is HUGE. I wonder if this is the same QA team reviewing this patch.

I'm not gonna get my hopes up too high but I will be happy if all of this works accordingly.

# 65 Smirkin Dirk @ 10/21/09 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Oh good call. That's kind of annoying. I'm thankful no Pistons are wearing knee-highs this year, though with white socks home and away, it would have been an easy fix (white calf sleeves). That is what I did for the Mavericks.
Yeah this would have majorly pissed me off. Luckily there is the claf sleeve workaround.

# 66 elementz09 @ 10/21/09 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown_TMac
just wanna be able to change quarter lengths in myplayer
Change the quarter minutes once you turn the game on and save, then go to MyPlayer (start over) and it'll will be whatever minutes you put in.

# 67 Bornindamecca @ 10/21/09 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Wait...so am I reading correctly that the patch will change MyPlayer minutes to 5 regardless, even if you already have changed the quarter length prior to starting??
I don't think it resets quarter length, but if you restart after the patch you will not be able to adjust it anymore. So now it'll be locked to 5 mins on Pro.

The irony is that they are probably locking this to make it more difficult, when a lot of people want to change it because it's too easy.

# 68 DR Russell @ 10/21/09 03:48 AM
Does anyone know if the patch will fix the CPU quick release shot? it looks horrible, as if they were playing volleyball

DR Russell

# 69 Smirkin Dirk @ 10/21/09 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
I was wondering, if I wait say a month or so to purchase the game, would there be any chance that by then the retail version will be an updated/patched version? I ask this because I don't have XBOXLive, therefore I won't be able to download the patch.

Does anyone know if this is possible?
I think in a month games in shipment and in stock would not have the patch. I have no idea though.

The only time I use Xbox live is to download patches and rosters. It's free. Just set up and account, hook your modem up to your box and it downloads automatically.

The take out the cord, and forgot about Xbox live until you have to download the urgent patch for the unplayable NBA2K11

# 70 Keaton @ 10/21/09 05:46 AM
Sounds good, I only hope that these "new" bad passes destroy turnover numbers.

# 71 STLRams @ 10/21/09 08:29 AM
Didn't see much about improving CPU defense and better control for the user, shocking... especially since the defense is the biggest issue in this game.

# 72 naama @ 10/21/09 08:55 AM
What the hell is this? Locking the My Player quarters to 5 minutes? I thought this game was meant to be as realistic as possible. How is it realistic when the final scores in games are in range of 50 to 60 points per team? And we're not even able to do anything about it? Bullcrap.

# 73 no juice @ 10/21/09 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elementz09
Change the quarter minutes once you turn the game on and save, then go to MyPlayer (start over) and it'll will be whatever minutes you put in.

My player's already in the high 70's. Who feels like starting over after that.

Before patch - You got to change difficulty/minutes but didn't get to benefit from Developmental Drills and Pick-Up Games for the most part.

After patch - You can't change minutes but you get to Drill and Pick-Up Game early in your My Player career.

Don't get me wrong. The game is awesome but I only have problems with the my player pick-up games and the five minute crap. If the clone bug is retroactive, why can't the minutes be

# 74 rspencer86 @ 10/21/09 09:43 AM
GREAT looking list, 2K has always been good at addressing a lot of things in their basketball patches.

The only thing I would have liked to seen is improving player control... I don't want the CPU moving my player around when I'm not touching the left stick.

This patch will make an already great game even better.

# 75 no juice @ 10/21/09 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naama
What the hell is this? Locking the My Player quarters to 5 minutes? I thought this game was meant to be as realistic as possible. How is it realistic when the final scores in games are in range of 50 to 60 points per team? And we're not even able to do anything about it? Bullcrap.
I feel ya. I don't see Lebron or Kobe dropping 75 in 5 minute quarters or JKidd dropping numerous amounts of triple doubles for that matter.

# 76 markprior22 @ 10/21/09 09:49 AM
I don't know much about the "draft combine" game so I'm confused about some things I'm reading concerning "My Player" mode. If you have draft combine, will you be able to edit minutes and/or difficulty post patch?

# 77 ZoneBlitz @ 10/21/09 09:50 AM
What!!??? All of these improvements. I don't think this game should be allowed to get any better. It already takes up too much of my time.

I think, with the patch, this game will be a classic.

Will I have to restart my association?

# 78 no juice @ 10/21/09 09:56 AM
In the draft combine you actually create your My Player guy and get a few games with him and you import him into 2k where he gets drafter instead of creating him in 2K

# 79 gerg1234 @ 10/21/09 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by no juice
I feel ya. I don't see Lebron or Kobe dropping 75 in 5 minute quarters or JKidd dropping numerous amounts of triple doubles for that matter.
I'm pissed about this......it's all just for that goddamn leaderboard BS. Kill the the game to save the leaderboard........pretty flawed logic IMO.

# 80 Vast @ 10/21/09 10:58 AM
Awesome List.

One thing i didnt see is improved interior Defense, and more deflections on passes in general and passes into the paint.

???

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.