Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

2K Sports has announced the patch details for NBA 2K10.

Quote:
"Hey 2Kers,

Just an update to let everyone know that we have completed the Xbox 360 version of the patch. As promised, you will find the patch details below. The items in bold are items that have also been addressed in a new version of the PS3 patch (I've updated that thread with the appropriate information).

To answer a question that I have received many queries about, these patches do NOT require you to restart your Associations and My Player careers. Good luck with your players and teams!

SimBaller"

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Rapture_DH @ 10/21/09 11:06 AM
when will it be released?

# 82 Pared @ 10/21/09 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
I'm sure Pared will be happy about bounce passes by refs during free throws as well.
Hell yes I am. Such a minor thing... thrown into a large group of goodness being addressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
I really don't see how this patch list will be any different for the 360 version...

PC on the other hand has some sound issues and controller buttons being messed up...
...custom...sounds...

# 83 Bornindamecca @ 10/21/09 11:15 AM
Man, that bounce pass on the free throw thing is like in the movies when a dummy gets three wishes, and wastes the first one on a hamburger.

# 84 no juice @ 10/21/09 11:29 AM
In reference to the clone be deleted, im wondering if the awards races will magically display what they would have been if the clone was never there in the first place

# 85 Boilerbuzz @ 10/21/09 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L_E_O
Now that's a list! It'll be great if they REALLY fix all of that, but I have to admit I'm skeptical.

I hate to be the pessimist here (lord knows there are enough of those in forums these days), but I have to ask the question. How many of these "bugs" did 2K know about before they released the game? I find it extremely hard to believe that all of these things slipped by their QA team before the game was released... mind you that this will be the same QA team responsible for reviewing the patch.

So what gives here for 2K? Did they knowingly release the most bug-filled sports title in years just to hit the street date or is their QA department REALLY this terrible?
Why does it matter? What does it change? If they knew about all of these, do you think they would have been able to afford missing their street date? Someone has already posted this, but it bears repeating: sports game developers have a HARD job of putting a "new" game out every year. Most AAA titles have at LEAST an 18 month dev cycle. No really good game I know of has less than a 2 year dev cycle. So, at some point, there's going to be bugs that they feel they don't have time to fix. Knowing what we know about these guys, I can guarantee that some of these were just plain missed by QA.

But asking this question is silly: every developer - games or otherwise - know that their product isn't going to go out bug free. They choose their battles and roll with the punches. But common sense says that they wouldn't ship something intentionally that they feel would HURT their product. To me, the implication would be quite insulting actually.

# 86 Pared @ 10/21/09 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
Man, that bounce pass on the free throw thing is like in the movies when a dummy gets three wishes, and wastes the first one on a hamburger.
That's a terrible analogy but I still find it humorous. *****.

# 87 Vast @ 10/21/09 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Now if that was here I'd be pissed, because I have higher expectations for folks here, but knowing that that forum is basically a wild animal park, I just read through that thread and LMAO.

Now should it be like this, probably not, but for me it was a mortal lock that I wasn't going to start an Association or My Player until after the first patch.

Some folks will rage against the machine and curse the design decisions, flaws, and bugs that come with the game out of the box, but I've excepted the reality of the short development cycle.

People often call developers lazy, and throw out the "roster update" pejorative, but I think all the companies may actually be too ambitions in what they try to do each year.

The need for Marketing to have a couple of shiny new features to hype up definitely takes away from the polish that could be applied to the core gameplay mechanics and A.I.

Yes, we are basically paying 60 bucks to participate in the open beta, but no one here at OS should be surprised by this now.

So for me, with all the sports developers, 2K, EA, Sony, and anyone else who joins the fray, If I choose to buy their game on the release date then I'm not going to sandblast their game until at least after the first patch.

Others can continue to do so, but I'm not sure that its going to change the way things shake out at all. I've accepted this as the new reality of how things work with sports games.
Awesome post bro.
I've felt this way for years. you just summarized it better than i ever could.

Im surprised most of us haven't realized this.

# 88 Pared @ 10/21/09 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Now if that was here I'd be pissed, because I have higher expectations for folks here, but knowing that that forum is basically a wild animal park, I just read through that thread and LMAO.

Now should it be like this, probably not, but for me it was a mortal lock that I wasn't going to start an Association or My Player until after the first patch.

Some folks will rage against the machine and curse the design decisions, flaws, and bugs that come with the game out of the box, but I've excepted the reality of the short development cycle.

People often call developers lazy, and throw out the "roster update" pejorative, but I think all the companies may actually be too ambitions in what they try to do each year.

The need for Marketing to have a couple of shiny new features to hype up definitely takes away from the polish that could be applied to the core gameplay mechanics and A.I.

Yes, we are basically paying 60 bucks to participate in the open beta, but no one here at OS should be surprised by this now.

So for me, with all the sports developers, 2K, EA, Sony, and anyone else who joins the fray, If I choose to buy their game on the release date then I'm not going to sandblast their game until at least after the first patch.

Others can continue to do so, but I'm not sure that its going to change the way things shake out at all. I've accepted this as the new reality of how things work with sports games.
WOW... that's an excellent post. Can't believe I missed it the first run through.

It bears repeating: excellent post. Worth quoting again.

You'd expect many to know better here at OS... yet they seem to just refuse this fact. Is it how it should be? No. Is it the reality? Absolutely.

Ignoring this fact is done on purpose, seemingly. We go through the same song and dance every year, no matter the game, no matter the forum.

# 89 rspencer86 @ 10/21/09 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
Awesome post bro.
I've felt this way for years. you just summarized it better than i ever could.

Im surprised most of us haven't realized this.
Agreed, great post jfsolo.

People rail on developers about delaying the release date, but wouldn't it make more sense to delay your purchase date? Buy the game after the first patch comes out—you'll save yourself a lot of frustration and probably save some money as well.

Can't wait for this to drop. I can't recall... does 2K only do one patch normally or will there be another patch further down the line?

# 90 Boilerbuzz @ 10/21/09 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoman
so no word on defense ? IŽd throw all non-association changes out the window in exchange for realistic CPU defense in terms of double teaming in the paint (not standing behind the teammate when double teaming aka being useless) .

and my player has officially died for me. I canŽt understand this at all, instead of giving expanded user-friendly options they even take away that little bit that was there (changing on start up) .

Well, at least now we officially know where the priorities are, online play.

Brace yourself if you are an offline player, the coming years wonŽt be pretty ...
For as much whining went on about defense, I'd bet money that they did something about it. Ask the mods. They can ask the devs directly. Or Simballer.

As for My Player, I think that based on the change in the patch, they never intended to allow for variable length quarters. That means that the mode was BALANCED for 5 minute quarters. So, that says you're stuck with it for 2K10 unless they decide to let you break the balance of the mode. I can't imagine trying to accomplish some of these objectives with longer quarters (limit your opponent to 6 points...). Yikes.

Anyway, for ANYONE to whine and moan about this HUGE patch list and call it a waste considering everything on that list is pathetic in my opinion. You'll never be happy. Life sucks.

# 91 Pared @ 10/21/09 11:54 AM
Hey now, the ref bouncing the ball to the FT shooter is HUGE, MONUMENTAL addition that has been a necessity for a few years now. Let's not get our priorities mixed up here.

# 92 SimBaller @ 10/21/09 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
The difference here is that the dummy got well over 100 wishes. Choosing to eat a burger while he waited for the other wishes to come to fruition was probably a wise idea.

# 93 The 24th Letter @ 10/21/09 11:56 AM
Yeah, thats why it was the only fix on the entire list right?........../sarcasm

# 94 Bornindamecca @ 10/21/09 11:56 AM
That's true. Every time someone morphs through two or three people to get an unjustified alley oop, it really warms my heart to see the ref execute a pass properly while the clock is stopped. It also makes it easier when good defenders walk away from their assignments.

Oh wait, it totally doesn't.

# 95 Bornindamecca @ 10/21/09 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
The difference here is that the dummy got well over 100 wishes. Choosing to eat a burger while he waited for the other wishes to come to fruition was probably a wise idea.
Are you calling Pared a dummy?

FYI to everyone in this thread, I'm not saying there shouldn't be aesthetic, superficial changes in a patch. It's more of a comment on how many times certain things are brought up.

# 96 The 24th Letter @ 10/21/09 11:59 AM
wow....im still convinced someone hacked into Borns account....lol

# 97 Pared @ 10/21/09 12:05 PM
Wow Born sounds real bitter.

Just got word that there will be a lot of defensive fixes in this patch:

-Pick and roll will now be covered by help defenders
-The broken double teams where your teammate goes behind you will be fixed
-Updated Help Routines

Just to name a few.

# 98 Bornindamecca @ 10/21/09 12:06 PM
Et tu, 24th?

# 99 Bornindamecca @ 10/21/09 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Wow Born sounds real bitter.
The hamburger thing was a joke, man. You've spoken to me enough times on XBL to know that I don't get bitter. I'll be bitter if we don't get a public option in our reformed health care bill, but I think I can live with whatever the good guys over at 2k do with their games.

# 100 Pared @ 10/21/09 12:10 PM
Whatever. I take hamburger jokes personally. Wimpy was a great character. May have been a bum with no credit, but great regardless.

Ok, no more off-topic from me! How about those defensive fixes...

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.