Home
NCAA Basketball 10 News Post

It's looking more and more like we won't see a patch for NCAA Basketball 10.

Quote:
"NCAA Basketball 10 released to little fanfare and with what has appeared to be minimal support from EA Sports. That brought about the question of whether the game would even receive a patch. EA has provided patches for all their yearly titles however the feeling surrounding NCAA was that it may not receive the same post-release support.

I have been informed that there is currently no plan to provide a patch for NCAA Basketball 10."

Game: NCAA Basketball 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
NCAA Basketball 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BlueNGold @ 12/01/09 04:36 PM
That's messed up. No college ball game next year? Wow.

2K the bat signal is in the sky....

# 2 BrianFifaFan @ 12/01/09 05:19 PM
Got the same E-mail today. Really glad I passed on this. But it is really messed up that no updates are planned. You'd think they would have at least had one patch in the budget. Kinda uncool...

P.S. Maybe this has to do with the whole NCAA license pricing. That's why 2k closed shop on the CHoops series. Maybe they'll just let the value of the license come back down to a realistic level and both parties will jump back on board then. For now, 2k8 again!

# 3 Bellsprout @ 12/01/09 05:21 PM
No patch = No god. Mine hasn't frozen yet, though, so I suppose I don't really give all that much of a crap. I barely play it anymore anyways. I haven't touched my PS3 in like 2 weeks.

If 2k doesn't jump on that next year they're ridiculously stupid.

# 4 blackflash83 @ 12/01/09 05:25 PM
Guys,

Although there are no plans as of now for an update that doesn't mean that the development team won't consider working on one.

As soon as there are any new developments about this I will be sure to inform all of you.

# 5 stlstudios189 @ 12/01/09 05:30 PM
I think that the freezing issue needs to be addressed. my game has not frozen yet but, if it does and EA does not fix this I will never buy a game from EA again on release day I will wait and buy it used so the company get none of my $$.

# 6 WazzuRC @ 12/01/09 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackflash83
Guys,

Although there are no plans as of now for an update that doesn't mean that the development team won't consider working on one.

As soon as there are any new developments about this I will be sure to inform all of you.
Thanks for the update.

I will be highly anticipating a patch of some sort to at least address a few of the issues. If there turns out to be no patch, this could very well be sold quickly.

# 7 loonsluv @ 12/01/09 05:47 PM
This is why I don't purchase EA games anymore. You guys basically got scammed.

# 8 ehh @ 12/01/09 05:52 PM
Certainly no surprise here, shame too because with some minor tweaking this could be a very enjoyable game.

# 9 Pielet @ 12/01/09 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlstudios189
I think that the freezing issue needs to be addressed. my game has not frozen yet but, if it does and EA does not fix this I will never buy a game from EA again on release day I will wait and buy it used so the company get none of my $$.
If everyone followed your lead, there wouldn't be any used games to buy.

# 10 Cusefan @ 12/01/09 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loonsluv
This is why I don't purchase EA games anymore. You guys basically got scammed.
I dont know why this poster got Banned, he is right. I paid $60 for a game that is unplayable. I have never been more upset with a game than i am with this. It is one thing to release a game that does not play well( I like the gameplay here though), and another to release a game that is fundamentally broken by freezes.

This might as well be their last game they release in my Opinion, I cannot in good conscience support a product that does not work as advertised.

# 11 matt8204 @ 12/01/09 06:45 PM
Kind of surprised to hear that the game might not even come out next year. Does it sell that poorly?

# 12 Bellsprout @ 12/01/09 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loonsluv2
Guess I'm confused on why I was banned, I simply said people got scammed. They released a game, that had numerous flaws, and yet they announce no patch "at this time." It's obvious this game is done.

It's also obvious the moderator is a Ea Fan boy. Banning me for my opinion. WOW
Had you not went there, you may have had a case. Lol.

# 13 BlueNGold @ 12/01/09 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Same here. They really need to patch 2 main things and this game would probably be up there with CH2K8. If they also added in the ability to change player's class year then we could just have roster projects next year like CH has.
For real?

# 14 newslowsad @ 12/01/09 08:51 PM
Glad I read this thread because I've really been jonesing to buy this game.

# 15 noshun @ 12/01/09 09:56 PM
Wow. This has to hurt the people holding out for a patch. Just wait til they come in here speaking the truth about how they feel.

# 16 BlueNGold @ 12/01/09 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis72
I am extremely disapointed EA. Does EA evencome on this site? They have been given a lot of credit this year on this game. This game is extremely close to being at 2k8 level or surpassing it with a few additions. Rome was not built in a day so why give up on this basketball series when it finally made great strides this year. Don't give up when your so close, eventually people will come back but if you give up you might not just hurt the NCAA community but sports gamers everywhere that play your other titles. Quite frankly Madden sucks and I use to be huge on that as well as NCAA football but this will be the last EA game I ever buy if Ncaa basketball get the shaft. I know I am just 1 person so my money won't make or break you I just hope I am not the only one that feels this way. I am just a huge college basketball fan and I will be lost if I do not have a college bb series next year.
This is what I don't understand. I don't get why they would just give up on this game and this series when they're close to having something special.

The ESPN/CBS integration was groudbreaking in sports gaming and it looks like it's all down the ****ter now.

I wonder, if 2K wasn't ready to come out next year with College Hoops 2K11 assuming they jump back in and EA jumps out, if they would at all give 2K8 an update to hold the College ball fans over for the year? I doubt it but you never know.

# 17 Tomba @ 12/01/09 10:03 PM
I kind of knew and felt it. With good sliders in place i can honestly say it's about as good as NBA Live 10.

# 18 Vechi8 @ 12/01/09 10:09 PM
Obviously fixing the post game is not as simple as we think. Thanks to everybody for working hard to try to make this work. Very dissapointing EA

# 19 DW3 @ 12/01/09 10:12 PM
Wow man, this is really messed up. How on earth can you realease a game then just abandon it? EA is constantly proving the consumers right with these shady business practices.

Thats like if you bought a car, it ended up having a recall that needed to be fixed, then the company drops that whole line of cars? Thats crazy.

I really will not be surprised if Live is next. Look at the lack of proper DNA updates. If its updated daily, why are my rosters still not accurate?! SMH!!

I will not purchase another EA basketball game period! NCAA Basketball is it for me. If we had a choice in football games, i wouldnt even bother with madden.

Sorry for the rant, but i am really frustrated. With a patch, the game would be awesome.

# 20 duke776 @ 12/01/09 10:14 PM
Well, I'm not sure I'm going to keep the game now. I was holding out hope they'd be planning on fixing the freezing issue for those who experience it, but since they aren't there's not much reason for me to keep it. They have a really good starting point here too IMO, sucks that it's not something EA is willing to put more into.

If there is an EA college basketball game next year I'll be waiting to see if they're going to patch it or not. It sounds like there's doubt if there will be a game next year, but I do hope they continue this series, if they are dedicated to it.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.