Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

The Major League Baseball 2K10 demo is now available for 360 users. Please post your impressions here.

Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 boomhauertjs @ 02/23/10 08:46 AM
Glad to hear that the OF fielding was fixed and sounds like it won't be an HR fest like last year. I'll have to download the demo and check it out.

# 62 WaddupCouzin @ 02/23/10 08:48 AM
I really enjoyed the Demo! An upgrade in every possible way!

# 63 Bumble14 @ 02/23/10 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyBanana
I know it's not the best quality because i used a camcorder, but here's a little CPU/CPU action.:

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD41VNH3wh0

Watch in 720p if you want the clearest picture. Again I didn't control either team. I just let the CPU play the top of the 1st.
Ummm...why did the catcher throw to 3rd on the dropped pitch? Weren't there already 2 outs?

# 64 Flightwhite24 @ 02/23/10 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
Ummm...why did the catcher throw to 3rd on the dropped pitch? Weren't there already 2 outs?
That's the same thing I said to mself. Gonna replay it and make sure I did not miss something.

# 65 Spectre @ 02/23/10 08:52 AM
Played a quick game as the Phillies

+Love the pitching- they've really nailed it, its a lot of fun
+Super smooth framerate- the game is silky smooth
+Nailed the signature stances/swings- I struck out swinging with Howard and it was nice to see his long swing nailed pretty well
+Cano hit a long double off the wall against me and the park definitely seems to play "bigger"- he easily had a double and made the turn at 2nd
+CPU doesn't only throw strikes- I worked a 4 pitch walk with Werth to start off an inning against Burnett... ratings seem to matter!
-CPU was kinda selective at the plate, but not enough to my liking, hopefully sliders will be able to remedy that

Within 2 minutes of playing, one can easily tell the improvements that have been made over the abominations of the last few years- this is somebody who has hated this series for a while.

Teixeira beat me on a walk-off single past Polanco with 2 outs... lame

# 66 nemesis04 @ 02/23/10 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
I was just getting ready to post this. I had to watch it twice because I thought I missed something. Seems to be a cpu slip up.

# 67 SoMiss2000 @ 02/23/10 08:59 AM
Definite improvement
Love the pitching
Hate hitting with swing stick
Presentation top notch despite no commentary
Fielding has been improved.
Ballparks are bigger in The Show it seems
Played The Show '09 last nite and I still feel the gameplay flows more naturally in that game.
360 fans should be happy.
If you have both consoles, I really don't see a need to buy both games.

# 68 AustinOrgans @ 02/23/10 09:01 AM
Why do the fastballs have so much arc? They look like circle changeups.

Has anyone else noticed this?

# 69 Blazzen @ 02/23/10 09:08 AM
MUCH IMPROVED. Better across the board.

Only negatives I've noticed so far:

Not enough space down the lines or the outfielders play too close to the lines. Line drives down the lines should result in doubles but most are long singles.

I had runners at first and second nobody out and decided to bunt them over. Bunted to the third baseman, the pitcher covered third but not in time and the CPU threw to third way late instead of taking the out at first. It could've been because Gardner was bunting and he's fast, only play might've been at first but the play was somewhat suspect.

Overall though, this game is MUCH improved, I'm LOVING it thus far. Can't wait to play with my Braves!!!

# 70 MukaMuka @ 02/23/10 09:09 AM
Thanks for the video upload. It looks REALLY GOOD. Everything is silky smooth! I am very very close to ordering this game, however I am still worried about the CPU free swinging. Rollins, the #2 hitter, and Howard all swung first pitch and put the balli n play, but then Jason Werth and the next hitter both had a nice realistic at-bats. I am not sure what to think about this.

# 71 queensbomber @ 02/23/10 09:15 AM
Im loving how this game looks so far.
One thing I didnt like was during the second batter i believe, the PA music kept playing through the at bat

# 72 Flaxseed Oil @ 02/23/10 09:16 AM
Played 3 games this morning before work.

Pros:
Stadium, crowd, player graphics all look improved. The faces look REALLY improved.

The animations are definitely smoother in the outfield.

Physics aren't bad.

Camera angles are better, except for the hitting camera. Fielding and pitching are great...

Cons:
I hit three TITANIC homeruns. 447 with A-Rod that went through the restaurant in CF. It had no collision detection. 439 with Texeira over the RF bullpen. And Granderson hit one 477 to left-center (yes, opposite field) that went to the top of the left field bleachers. Very unrealistic.

Sounds of the game were very bland and boring.

# 73 jeffy777 @ 02/23/10 09:23 AM
I'm very happy to read so many positive impressions. Finally seems like we're getting a good baseball game on the 360.

Download almost finished.....

# 74 ballerizme @ 02/23/10 09:33 AM
As a fan of the Show, I am very impressed with the demo. They made a huge leap from 2K9 to this year. I will be buying both this year.

Minor gripe: On a 1 out pop fly to deep left, my guy on third did not tag up.

Quick question: anyone figure out how to steal yet? I know it says LT, but all it does for me is lead off??

# 75 findinghomer @ 02/23/10 09:34 AM
so noone notices they are hacking again? check IE, everyone is rated D AGAIN at walks . how can they mess that up two years in a row!? dont believe me, do this test. throw three straight balls, get the hitter at 3-0 then throw a strike. EVERY single hitter i attempted this with, they swing .... that just does not happen IRL, thats hacking. jerky animations are back, and they took away the pitching view from last year i loved that view. fielding seems much smoother, though seems unnaturally fast. HRs dont seem to be a problem, but ive only played a couple games. pitching again is cool, little more punishing if you fault. overall im not woed at all ,since im still seeing alot of 2k9 still. which wasnt a horrible game, but i just thought they would have vastly improved.

# 76 jake44np @ 02/23/10 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I was just getting ready to post this. I had to watch it twice because I thought I missed something. Seems to be a cpu slip up.
I have no idea why he threw to 3rd or why ARod then caught the ball and then threw it to first. It was the third out and the catcher never dropped the ball on the third strick.
Wait i just watched it again the ball hits the dirt before the catcher catches is.
I didnt think you could advance on a dropped 3rd strike if there is a guy on first???
Maybe since the runners were stealing the game thinks the battter can try to take first on a dropped 3rd strike???

# 77 rudyjuly2 @ 02/23/10 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
I have no idea why he threw to 3rd or why ARod then caught the ball and then threw it to first. It was the third out and the catcher never dropped the ball on the third strick.
Wait i just watched it again the ball hits the dirt before the catcher catches is.
I didnt think you could advance on a dropped 3rd strike if there is a guy on first???
Maybe since the runners were stealing the game thinks the battter can try to take first on a dropped 3rd strike???
You can advance on a dropped third strike if a guy is on first ONLY if it's the final out.

# 78 Flaxseed Oil @ 02/23/10 09:39 AM
Quote:
Quick question: anyone figure out how to steal yet? I know it says LT, but all it does for me is lead off??
You have to hold down the L-Trigger...but dont do it too early or your guy will take off to early. You have to hold it down for like a second before the pitcher makes his move, so you have to time him. You will feel the controller rumble and then your guy will take off.

If you hold it too late, you will get a bad jump. Its a pretty cool system.

# 79 nemesis04 @ 02/23/10 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
You can advance on a dropped third strike if a guy is on first ONLY if it's the final out.
Correct, with two outs the batter can try to make it to first with first base occupied.

# 80 BrianFifaFan @ 02/23/10 09:45 AM
Really liking it. Don't like I can't throw around the horn after a putout. But that's nothing. Graphics are really jaggy to me, so I'm definitely looking at PC. But I'm really liking 2k's overall menu package and presentation. It's exactly the same as NBA2k, so there's no added level of complexity. Very intuitive interface. Overall, I'm really like it. As DD said, I'm having fond memories of MVP. The gameplay is really great and pitching is more of a chore then any other baseball game before. I was all over the place with Cole Hamels and I actually really liked it! Hitting I was alte, but I think that's getting used to the batting cam. But I'm gonna roll with it, I like the angle. Yep, I'm gonna give it a go. Just praying that there are no huge bugs, like freezing Franchises. Gameplay is great, just no huge bugs,please!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.