Home
MLB 10 News Post

MLB '10: The Show patch #2 is available now. Please post your impressions here.

You can find all the patch notes right here.

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 BobSacamano @ 03/18/10 07:42 PM
I just quit the game from the XMB and my PS3 didn't restart on me! It'd be cool if that little glitch was fixed, though in the past it didn't happen every single time I quit, so I'm not positive it was.

I'll also echo a post upthread: Anybody notice if the various ticker errors have been fixed? These aren't a big deal at all, but it was just a little goofy to see "The Orioles are 3-7 in their last 10 games" every game when that wasn't actually true. It was always 3-7, for whatever reason.

# 122 Bamafan3723 @ 03/18/10 07:49 PM
Did any of you guys rosters reset after the patch? I just noticed some guys batting stances I edited before the patch went back to their default.

# 123 TheRock88 @ 03/18/10 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamafan3723
Did any of you guys rosters reset after the patch? I just noticed some guys batting stances I edited before the patch went back to their default.
Same here, I was editing some players and noticed one or two of them went back to their default stances/deliveries even though I edited them before.

# 124 countryboy @ 03/18/10 08:16 PM
nice username.

# 125 minister @ 03/18/10 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
nice username.

yea, kind of hard to take that guy serious.

# 126 werddrew @ 03/18/10 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSacamano
I just quit the game from the XMB and my PS3 didn't restart on me! It'd be cool if that little glitch was fixed, though in the past it didn't happen every single time I quit, so I'm not positive it was.

I'll also echo a post upthread: Anybody notice if the various ticker errors have been fixed? These aren't a big deal at all, but it was just a little goofy to see "The Orioles are 3-7 in their last 10 games" every game when that wasn't actually true. It was always 3-7, for whatever reason.

Those ticker errors have always been on the game and seem to never get fixed. All the way back to 07 they would show incorrect stats and records. It always frustrated me, it doesn't effect gameplay. But why even have it in the game if it's always wrong. It can't be that hard of a fix.

# 127 wstewart11 @ 03/19/10 12:06 AM
...has the home run ticker been fixed, meaning when the wrong player's name is being shown to have hit a HR in a previous at bat? I know it's cosmetic issue but just curious.

Yes it has...

# 128 flyinhawaiian @ 03/19/10 12:16 AM
when controlling all teams and setting trades to manual, do the computer teams trade with each other and giving you the ability to override them? i just ran a franchise and there were no proposed trades within the league

# 129 douggoud @ 03/19/10 12:39 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! i just tried to make my first start in AAA with my pitcher in rtts and as soon as it gets to the first game of the season, it stops simming, i can press circle and choose to sim again, but it wont do anything, and i just pitched every game in AA for about a week and a half now, and now i have to do it again, not to mention i threw a perfect game, i'm ticked off, and i had two other rtts players already created as well before i downloaded the patch, and they work just fine, WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE THE ONE I SPENT THE MOST TIME WITH!?!?!?!?!?!

# 130 HokieB @ 03/19/10 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinhawaiian
when controlling all teams and setting trades to manual, do the computer teams trade with each other and giving you the ability to override them? i just ran a franchise and there were no proposed trades within the league
No, apparently one of the fixes was to no longer have the CPU propose trades when GLOBAL is set to MANUAL TRADES. Too bad, I liked the idea of approving/disapproving trades. Makes sense they would fix it, but the workarounds actually produced some pretty cool features, such as approving/disapproving trades like some kind of baseball overlord.

# 131 HokieB @ 03/19/10 12:53 AM
CPU lineups are still redonkulous in franchise. I know it's technically not a bug, but Rollins batting 6th? Youk batting 2nd? The list goes on and on. That's just poor logic.

# 132 Artman22 @ 03/19/10 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacriss
this new patch fubared my game

playing rtts, the commentary from the announcers will stop midway through and after the game it will not progress past the post game screen.

good job sony
After downloading the patch this morning I had the samething happen to me as well. Then my ps3 stoped reading bluray movies or games. It says my ps3 bluray drive has corrupt files. I tried cleaning the files, but it does not work. Now I have to buy a send my system to Sony

# 133 Bruin26 @ 03/19/10 01:06 AM
Not sure if the cpu trading only one player once per season factors in to RTTS or not, but I didn't restart my RTTS and after this patch I was traded twice within a two week stretch as a AA player. From Nationals to Rays, then to Diamonbacks.

# 134 ty5oke @ 03/19/10 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieB
CPU lineups are still redonkulous in franchise. I know it's technically not a bug, but Rollins batting 6th? Youk batting 2nd? The list goes on and on. That's just poor logic.
I woudn't consider Youk battting 2nd "Redonkulous", he has hit in that spot 101 games in his career, 2nd most games at a batting order spot.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...ear=Career&t=b

# 135 Azamien @ 03/19/10 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
I woudn't consider Youk battting 2nd "Redonkulous", he has hit in that spot 101 games in his career, 2nd most games at a batting order spot.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...ear=Career&t=b
Heh, he also has 479 PA in the lead-off spot. But if the game put him there people would be screaming bloody murder.

# 136 Knight165 @ 03/19/10 01:55 AM
The thing with Rollins...while at first may be a WTH moment....it's his "power" that's putting him down and Victorino at the leadoff spot.
Vic is slightly faster....Rollins has more power...
The game is seeing that and making the change.

M.K.
Knight165

# 137 Braves Fan @ 03/19/10 02:09 AM
The lineup is only an issue in games you are playing right? I mean I know the lineups are messed up in simulations as well but does it really play a factor in the final score of those games? I got tired of going in and fixing the lineups and making every decision in every organization so I put everything but trades on auto and will just fix lineups accordingly right before I play a team. That way I never see messed up lineups and I can pretend they are never messed up.

Besides some managers will tinker with different lineups during the year anyway. 1-8 doesn't stay the same all year long for most teams.

# 138 Myloman @ 03/19/10 02:12 AM
I like the fixes, but I won't be starting a Franchise or be playing this game heavily until the Drafted player potentials are fixed because thats a game breaker to me. The high player potential issue leads to unrealistic rotations, lineups, payrolls, free agent markets, etc and needs to be taken care of sooner rather than later.

# 139 Braves Fan @ 03/19/10 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myloman
I like the fixes, but I won't be starting a Franchise or be playing this game heavily until the Drafted player potentials are fixed because thats a game breaker to me. The high player potential issue leads to unrealistic rotations, lineups, payrolls, free agent markets, etc and needs to be taken care of sooner rather than later.
Well this latest patch was put into everyone's franchise. Why not go ahead and start your franchise and if they fix it you'll already be well into your franchise and be that much closer to the offseason. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't go ahead and start. I'm almost in May now, I started a couple of weeks ago and I haven't missed any of the patches or anything. I'll miss Knight's roster set but I decided I didn't want to wait for those.

# 140 Howie75 @ 03/19/10 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
The thing with Rollins...while at first may be a WTH moment....it's his "power" that's putting him down and Victorino at the leadoff spot.
Vic is slightly faster....Rollins has more power...
The game is seeing that and making the change.

M.K.
Knight165
What the CPU is doing really makes sense...it has set parameters for what it thinks is a viable option for certain slots in the lineup. It's making rational decisions based upon ratings.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.