Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

The new NBA 2K11 Developer Insight is online. This one talks about My Player mode.

Quote:
"This is Erick Boenisch again, Producer for NBA 2K11 although many of you may know me by my forum name, SimBaller. I spoke a few weeks back about MJ: Creating a Legend. I’m here today to talk to you about the My Player mode and some of the exciting changes we have made to it this year. NBA 2K10 saw the birth of My Player, the first true career mode experience ever for the NBA 2K series. With one year of this mode under our belts, we’ve learned quite a bit; things like what works, what doesn’t work, and what you all want to see in the mode this year. Enough chatter, let’s dive into what NBA 2K11’s My Player is all about…"

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Fiasco West @ 09/02/10 07:03 PM
Sounds good, can't wait to play this mode. I like the direction they are going with it.

# 42 the_future420 @ 09/02/10 07:04 PM
This game is gonna be crazy good. Probably the only game I'll play for the next 9-10 months.

# 43 flykid95 @ 09/02/10 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazza619
I spent little time with the mode last year, but this insight really has me excited for the game. I'm a little curious about how the cap limits will work though, what if i want to remake Magic Johnson. He's a 6'9 guy, am i still going to be able to get a good dribbling rating?
yess bcuz its not so much about height but about player type lik offensive athletics defesive pass first .. etc

# 44 flykid95 @ 09/02/10 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr2424
And I ask again: What the hell will I play first? Is it association, my player, Jordan challenge, online? How am I supposed to play OTHER games when this one will take up all my time?
wah r u tlking about its about having choices man who cares wah u play ull have a year to play it

# 45 elprez98 @ 09/02/10 07:11 PM
The mark of a potentially, great game:

It leaves you asking, " how on Earth can they make 2k12 any better?"

# 46 Gosens6 @ 09/02/10 07:11 PM
I didn't touch my player last year. This year it's gonna be much different. I don't know how else I can say it, 2Ksports... I love you all

# 47 flykid95 @ 09/02/10 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
The mark of a potentially, great game:

It leaves you asking, " how on Earth can they make 2k12 any better?"
werd thell probably focus on making assocation even better

# 48 jr2424 @ 09/02/10 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flykid95
wah r u tlking about its about having choices man who cares wah u play ull have a year to play it
It's called a comment. And here's another one: learn some English.

# 49 Tha.Pink.Pantha @ 09/02/10 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Game Style and Difficulty are in there as well. 'Simulation' and 'All-Star' is a great pairing.
Oh my.

# 50 mikenoob @ 09/02/10 07:21 PM
This will be a looooooooooong month....

# 51 SimBaller @ 09/02/10 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermati
Sim, are contracts in as well or maybe next year?
Sorry, but that one is going to have to wait a year. I've got ideas on that and I didn't want to get half way there with it. You guys deserve better than that.

# 52 Altimus @ 09/02/10 07:22 PM
Each edition of 2K I play from launch to launch but this year there is more than enough content for the whole year.

But don't stop 2K. Bring on the Association Insight!

# 53 dunebugs @ 09/02/10 07:22 PM
I'm wondering if they improved the teammate A.I. as it was one of the reason that I quit playing My Player on 2k10. Granted, no "my player" mode for any sports game has good teammate A.I. but if 2k can fix it, I don't care how many choices I get during press conferences, I'll play this mode until my eyes burn out.

# 54 youvalss @ 09/02/10 07:24 PM
Good Insight, even though I'm don't play this mode, but I'm happy they upgrade everything.

By the way, have you guys noticed the Jordan's kid (J. Jordan?) was the 14th pick? Look at the first screenshot...

# 55 jfsolo @ 09/02/10 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Game Style and Difficulty are in there as well. 'Simulation' and 'All-Star' is a great pairing.
Good stuff, oh by the way, you guys should never feel like the insights are getting too long. If you need another 500 or 1000 words to fully describe a mode, by all means, type away.

# 56 flykid95 @ 09/02/10 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr2424
It's called a comment. And here's another one: learn some English.
its just some slang i am on the internet i am not writing an essay

# 57 HeroOfYesterday @ 09/02/10 07:26 PM
Do you think it's possible to be drafted in top 10? Or at least mid 1st round?

# 58 Submish @ 09/02/10 07:26 PM
IT's all over people...

# 59 Epiffani @ 09/02/10 07:27 PM
This is getting ridiculous. Before going into developing for NBA 2K11, they had to have had some serious meetings about how they were going to appeal to as many basketball fans across all different demographics, and the results so far have been something for the "old school" (MJ with his own modes and the addition of other classic teams), Something for "sim/casual users" ( addition of "gamestyle" coupled with difficulty settings), something for "longstanding fans" of the series (multiple gameplay additions, including new tendencies, improved player movement, authentic playsets, improved user control across the board, a "jostling and collision system" etc etc etc), and now something for the "My player" crowd (a mode that I didn't even touch last year)....

They really haven't left no stone unturned, and we've yet to hear about the online, NBA Today, and Association mode which they've said have made huge strides in their own rights? They really are trying to take away every reason not to own this game.

# 60 infam0us @ 09/02/10 07:30 PM
Disappointed in the no contracts because I don't get how trades are going to work. So is there no salary cap when your player is specifically involved in a trade?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.