Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

The new NBA 2K11 Developer Insight is online. This one talks about My Player mode.

Quote:
"This is Erick Boenisch again, Producer for NBA 2K11 although many of you may know me by my forum name, SimBaller. I spoke a few weeks back about MJ: Creating a Legend. I’m here today to talk to you about the My Player mode and some of the exciting changes we have made to it this year. NBA 2K10 saw the birth of My Player, the first true career mode experience ever for the NBA 2K series. With one year of this mode under our belts, we’ve learned quite a bit; things like what works, what doesn’t work, and what you all want to see in the mode this year. Enough chatter, let’s dive into what NBA 2K11’s My Player is all about…"

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 TheRisingSan @ 09/02/10 10:31 PM
Wow, it looks like they have added so much to My Player mode since last year and so far, they all seem like great additions. I'm also glad that Visual Concepts worked on some of the more frustrating aspects of My Player, such as being penalized for something that's not your fault. I'm just really impressed with the fact that they are going far-beyond my expectations for this game; first with the inclusion of MJ, and now the improvement of My Player mode.

I think I finally found a new game that's going to keep me hooked (well this along with GT5) and now I can say goodbye to COD and any other FPS's.

Thank you 2k!

# 122 Mr_Riddick @ 09/02/10 10:38 PM
010 WOW! talk about a blowout this year 2k is no longer messing around...imagine if nfl 2k was around :-)
Only in my dreams my dear friend SMH.....

# 123 Tha.Pink.Pantha @ 09/02/10 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FewZ0NE
I see a lot of people complaining about no contracts... Honestly? lol
So.. Tell me exactly what you're going to do with 50 million in guaranteed virtual money? Is the problem that you're concerned about longevity with a certain team? Because I'm almost certain that you can resign as many times as you want, barring your personality in the game is jack-***. Not real enough for you? I guess seeing bilboards and having signature shoes and press conferences is just some bull huh? Do you want the game to allow you to drive to the game as well? ( Actually thinking about it, that would be kind've boss lol )
Calm down.

The reason I want contracts is to have another reward? Tell me you wouldn't be hype if a team wants to max you out after the rookie deal? Also, being able to leave every year just isn't realistic. And with all these other features, having contract is another form of immersion. But it looks like we get them next year, so it's all good. I can play pretend another year.

# 124 flykid95 @ 09/02/10 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr2424
Thanks for clearing that up. No need to come at me when I'm PRAISING the game. It was a compliment.
okk i wus just making sure u werent't attacking it now that it cleared were good

# 125 Ermolli @ 09/02/10 11:53 PM
So after a tough game, the option Answer with Indifference would be "Both teams played hard my man."?

# 126 RayDog253 @ 09/03/10 02:01 AM
YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHhhhhhhHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!11! 1!!!!!!!1111!!!!!

Lol, just playing. I can't wait, even though I bought the Combine last year I rarely played My Player. IDK why, but I plan on playing it alot more this year.

# 127 2kfanatic @ 09/03/10 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayDog253
YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHhhhhhhHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!11! 1!!!!!!!1111!!!!!

Lol, just playing. I can't wait, even though I bought the Combine last year I rarely played My Player. IDK why, but I plan on playing it alot more this year.
Maybe because the mode is buggy as hell and your teammates wants the team to lose prepatch lol.

# 128 Boge @ 09/03/10 03:03 AM
Let me guess, your player will always have that voice no matter what. Oh, and it looks like it's the same facial creation of last year, which wasn't that good in my opinion.

# 129 portlandblazer @ 09/03/10 06:04 AM
one thing that would make this mode, and the create a legend mode with jordan, awesome would be custom draft classes. i was thinking of creating an 84-85 roster and then doing draft classes for each season. you could either play jordans career or your own my player from a different decade but without custom draft classes it would be pretty lame.

# 130 Sinner @ 09/03/10 06:54 AM
Would really be nice if this feature was in Create a legend Jordan mode with Jordans voice, how immersive would that be? Would really be nice but doubt it...again can't wait for this game.

# 131 domidomdomz @ 09/03/10 06:59 AM
^ I think that is not too impossible for 2K to get Jordan's voice in Create a Legend Mode. Heck, I even think MJ, himself, is the 2K Insider for My Player mode this year.

# 132 bearschicago @ 09/03/10 07:47 AM
MyPlayer mode was too easy for me last year. Not only was it set at Pro(although PC can edit settings) but it was too easy to get an 'A+' every game.

All you have to do is pass the ball a lot. A super easy way to get 'A+' easily and quickly. You don't even have to shoot the ball. So my goal was to pass the ball around, accompolish the game objectives and not let the player I'm guarding score the ball. I was invited for training camp from all 30 teams. I'm not kidding.

The reason I pass the ball so much is I'm a team player. Trying to do everything becomes boring.

Also when you start every game, you shouldn't start automatically at 'C'. It should be an 'F'. The reason is you haven't done anything in the game yet. It also makes getting an 'A+' challenging/rewarding which should be the case(getting an 'A+' in real life in the NBA is a rare thing to do).

After reading the insight, MyPlayer looks to be more of a challenge which I welcome with open arms.

# 133 KyotoCarl @ 09/03/10 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandblazer
one thing that would make this mode, and the create a legend mode with jordan, awesome would be custom draft classes. i was thinking of creating an 84-85 roster and then doing draft classes for each season. you could either play jordans career or your own my player from a different decade but without custom draft classes it would be pretty lame.
This was something talked about on the nba-live forums. If you do it for PC you could have draft classes, cyberfaces, jerseys and courts from 84-85 up to 2010 more or less. That would be the mod of the year in my book!

Not as fun on the consoles where you canät edit courts, cyberfaces and jerseys, and much more pain-staking typing in all the names of 1000's of players during this span of time.

# 134 jeebs9 @ 09/03/10 08:26 AM
I would like My player a lot more if you could actually put your face into the game. Like in Tony Underground. Where you could put your face into the game. And make a model our yourself. It was awesome!! And it was just for the PSP...which is a freaking handheld lol. (It came out first on the PS2 though). If they added that....I would give away my first born...lol

# 135 KyotoCarl @ 09/03/10 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I would like My player a lot more if you could actually put your face into the game. Like in Tony Underground. Where you could put your face into the game. And make a model our yourself. It was awesome!! And it was just for the PSP...which is a freaking handheld lol. (It came out first on the PS2 though). If they added that....I would give away my first born...lol
When Kinect comes out, maybe it's possible. 2K11 will support Kinect so, maybe it will work, if we're lucky.

# 136 jeebs9 @ 09/03/10 09:00 AM
I telling you if that was the surprise they are holding back on....I really will break down and beg (even pay) my friend to take me to the release party.

# 137 jeebs9 @ 09/03/10 09:01 AM
Thats part of the big reason I'm too into My Player lol I don't feel like its actually me.

# 138 eko718 @ 09/03/10 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
MyPlayer mode was too easy for me last year. Not only was it set at Pro(although PC can edit settings) but it was too easy to get an 'A+' every game.

All you have to do is pass the ball a lot. A super easy way to get 'A+' easily and quickly. You don't even have to shoot the ball. So my goal was to pass the ball around, accompolish the game objectives and not let the player I'm guarding score the ball. I was invited for training camp from all 30 teams. I'm not kidding.

The reason I pass the ball so much is I'm a team player. Trying to do everything becomes boring.

Also when you start every game, you shouldn't start automatically at 'C'. It should be an 'F'. The reason is you haven't done anything in the game yet. It also makes getting an 'A+' challenging/rewarding which should be the case(getting an 'A+' in real life in the NBA is a rare thing to do).

After reading the insight, MyPlayer looks to be more of a challenge which I welcome with open arms.
Difficulty was changeable last year. I played the game on HOF with sliders. You needed to set those things up prior to starting the mode.

Even with those settings I found it too easy from the standpoint of immediately getting minutes over established players. I was a PG on Portland and I was getting 20+ mins per game over guys like Steve Blake, Rudy Fernandez and Jerryd Bayless no more than 10 games into the season. My rating at that time was like in the 50's. MyPlayer will be more fun to me and rewarding when I feel like I actually earned and worked for the minutes. I know most guys who played it last year complained about being stuck in the D-league and want to be rookie superstars in the NBA, and I hope that hasn't caused the 2K team to compromise the mode as far as difficulty and realism.

# 139 jmood88 @ 09/03/10 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Thats part of the big reason I'm too into My Player lol I don't feel like its actually me.
Do you play any games outside of sports? I would hate it if I couldn't play Mass Effect because my face wasn't in it.

# 140 jeebs9 @ 09/03/10 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Do you play any games outside of sports? I would hate it if I couldn't play Mass Effect because my face wasn't in it.
Thats a good question....No I really don't...besides Rock Band (can't wait for Rockband 3!!)...I don't like playing CPU very boring after a while...First person shooters die out after a month for me.

Check my post count...I spend most of my time on Operation Sports.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.