Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

The new NBA 2K11 Developer Insight is online. This one talks about My Player mode.

Quote:
"This is Erick Boenisch again, Producer for NBA 2K11 although many of you may know me by my forum name, SimBaller. I spoke a few weeks back about MJ: Creating a Legend. I’m here today to talk to you about the My Player mode and some of the exciting changes we have made to it this year. NBA 2K10 saw the birth of My Player, the first true career mode experience ever for the NBA 2K series. With one year of this mode under our belts, we’ve learned quite a bit; things like what works, what doesn’t work, and what you all want to see in the mode this year. Enough chatter, let’s dive into what NBA 2K11’s My Player is all about…"

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 m-dogg @ 09/03/10 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Game Style and Difficulty are in there as well. 'Simulation' and 'All-Star' is a great pairing.
this is the best info right here, better than anything in the insight!

Simballer, can we edit the Difficulty once our career is already underway? say I'm on allstar-sim, but in my second year its getting too easy and I want to bump the difficulty up, I can change it at any time right?

thanks for this addition, it really could save this mode for me.

I also have to ask, are there custom sliders available in My Player this year?

# 142 Kaanyr Vhok @ 09/03/10 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph37
Totally agree with that .
Just like NBA 09 The life was, all games should have something like this .
I am very sure we will be able to change the sound of out players .
I, for one, does not want to hear a white guy with a black guys voice
Unless its Charlie Murphy

# 143 OGKing @ 09/03/10 11:46 AM
Wow, i'm totally shocked, this looks so awesome. I can't wait man...

# 144 malgrneyes @ 09/03/10 01:51 PM
This is how its done period!!!!!

# 145 DatSamuraiRose @ 09/03/10 02:42 PM
i hope they fixed the all-star game glitch where after playing that game, yours minutes would drop

# 146 champ195797 @ 09/03/10 03:31 PM
Hi everyone my name is Champ I've played EA's NBA live since i was a lil kid not even knowing what each button was for but this summer I became a free agent and after check all the blogs insights and videos im extremly happy to annouce that on the 5th of next month i will be taken my talent to 2k.................any questions

# 147 aloncho11 @ 09/04/10 02:01 PM
I would like to get fined by my team or the league if I give a very inappropriate answer to the media

# 148 Raven Nation42 @ 09/05/10 01:31 PM
Nice RPG element for my player.Looking forward to playing this mode

# 149 Jakeness23 @ 09/07/10 04:01 PM
Newest Insight: http://community.2ksports.com/community/insights/index.cfm?aid=2934616&l=11

# 150 eko718 @ 09/09/10 12:25 AM
I can't front... Training camp not being in the game takes like 90% of the steam out of this mode for me. Has it been clarified by anyone that training camp is still in the game? Its pretty wack to make the 12 man roster straight from the summer league...this is just in no way realistic.

# 151 domidomdomz @ 09/09/10 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
I can't front... Training camp not being in the game takes like 90% of the steam out of this mode for me. Has it been clarified by anyone that training camp is still in the game? Its pretty wack to make the 12 man roster straight from the summer league...this is just in no way realistic.
Training Camp was in NBA2K10, right? I do not think the devs scrap it out of the game.

# 152 yungflo @ 09/09/10 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by domidomdomz
^ I think that is not too impossible for 2K to get Jordan's voice in Create a Legend Mode. Heck, I even think MJ, himself, is the 2K Insider for My Player mode this year.
jordans probably not at all involved in the game other than his image and possibly the selections of the joran challenges, i read somewhere they said he was not a gamer and usually they would things thru with the jordan brand to get the ok. so as far as recording voices nah. i dont think he'd be into it.

he's going to cyphon this 2k money into the bobcats lol.

as a business they were terrible, now that mike owns the team, business is steadily going up, playy off appearance and some sold out games.

# 153 eko718 @ 09/09/10 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by domidomdomz
Training Camp was in NBA2K10, right? I do not think the devs scrap it out of the game.
It was, but read the insight again.

"Once the draft is over, you will be invited to participate in the Summer Circuit. You will play four games to prove to your team that you belong on an NBA roster. If at any point you slip during the Summer Circuit, your team will either cut you outright, or ask you to join their NBA D-League affiliated team. Your road to the NBA won’t be over, but it will certainly be a lot more difficult if the latter happens. If you do manage to last the 4 games of the Summer Circuit as well as impress your team’s management, then you’ll be invited to the 12-man roster for the upcoming NBA season. This is just the beginning of your story.."

Being invited to the 12 man roster directly from summer league sure sounds like there is no training camp to me. Moreover, if there was training camp, I would think it would be mentioned in this break down. Its one thing to reduce the length of Draft combine and Summer League, but to scrap training camp?... not cool. Hopefully, I am incorrect.

# 154 jmood88 @ 09/10/10 03:05 PM
I don't know why you would want training camp to be in it, it lasted way too long and was pointless.

# 155 eko718 @ 09/10/10 03:13 PM
^^^ Because it 1. adds to the challenge of making it to the NBA, 2. is realistic, and 3. preps you for playing against true NBA caliber opposition. Perhaps the format could be reworked(ie: fewer games/different objectives) but an all out omission sucks IMO.

# 156 jmood88 @ 09/10/10 03:16 PM
Except it wasn't a challenge at all, it just delayed when you would be able to play real games. This is a videogame, you don't need to have every little step involved with making a team. I don't want to waste time in practices with backups instead of playing games.

# 157 eko718 @ 09/10/10 03:25 PM
Its a video game that is attempting to emulate a real life experience. People buy 2K because its sim. *You* don't need to have every little step involved with making a team because perhaps that not the experience *you* are seeking. Others however may want that. The creation of game styles should extend to the authenticity of the My Player mode next year. If people want a quick and easy casual mode they should be able to get that and those who want a more immersive experience should be able to get that too.

I do agree by and large the mode was too easy and that's a whole other issue to discuss.

# 158 SDJHood93 @ 09/13/10 01:04 AM
Man 2K just keeps dropping more and more info on this game and makes it sounds even better. Definitely setting the standard high. Wasn't expecting such a great game.

# 159 paulieknucklez1 @ 12/15/10 10:21 PM
Can anyone help me, PLEASE??!! I play NBA2k11 on PS3 and in MyPlayer mode and online games, the muthaf@#cking 'heat check' window keeps popping up whenever I'm on a fast break or whenever I have a clear lane to the basket. To top that off, whenever I'm about to steal a pass, somehow my camera view changes by itself. My controller is brand new, so that's not the problem. If there is a way to turn off that stupid heat check screen all together, please inform me. If not, please create a patch that will fix this annoying problem

# 160 shugknight @ 12/16/10 02:09 PM
You must be pressing the directional pad somehow.

Becaues only the directional pad brings up those things.

Up is the heat check. Left is to change the camera view.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.