Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

The NBA 2K11 demo is available now for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.
  • You can only play as the Lakers, can't play as the Celtics
  • 4 minute demo
  • Can't run plays
  • LT+RT to post up
  • No replay
Please discuss the demo here and post your impressions. Rules will be strictly enforced.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 talason @ 09/14/10 07:39 AM
i just did this dunk on a fast break...i swear to god lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_cOHr-zGJI

# 122 talason @ 09/14/10 07:40 AM
the only thing im not feeling is you cant turbo while doing iso motion....and you have to remain in place to do the good iso crosses

# 123 Boreez2000 @ 09/14/10 07:41 AM
Didn't know you could until i saw it in Czar's video, but how in the world do you call plays?

# 124 bls @ 09/14/10 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodedSoldier
Amazing just saw a loose ball foul with rondo trying to go through fisher on a pick. LMAO this is awesome. Rondo just knocked fisher onto the floor and they both fell over.
Yeah they added illegal screens as well.

# 125 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 09/14/10 07:41 AM
okay well im off to bed, so far, my impressions on this game is that its just great. I am not going to sugar coat anything. Yea things happened that i saw that i didnt like, but they were very rare, and absolutely did not take away from my experience with the game. Its still gonna take some time before i feel comfortable with the controls, but in the end it will be worth it.

# 126 KyotoCarl @ 09/14/10 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
I just got called for a gotdarn double dribble, messin' with these newfangled buttons.
Double dribble being in the game is awesome, and your phrasing was hilarious

# 127 CaCHooKa Man @ 09/14/10 07:45 AM
this is the only time i can say that i was happy the celtics scored on the lakers. i was trying to take a charge with fisher on the fastbreak and ray allen did a quick bounce pass to paul pierce for the dunk. it made me smile.

# 128 DaoudS @ 09/14/10 07:45 AM
how do i back someone down in the post or even in the midrange?

# 129 elprez98 @ 09/14/10 07:47 AM
Kobe's half spin is deadly.

# 130 idrisguitar @ 09/14/10 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-H!zZl3
Momentum jumpers are a beast..lol. It seems like they have different releases and it takes some time to get used to, but man I am glad we can take different jumpers whenever we want and not just leaners.
okay im confused. what are momentum jumpers?

are they like runner leaners and step backs? and if so, why are they different from 2k10? and how come they are so effective?

and can you do them form a stand still (saw czar do one in a vid)

i was just expecting easier to execute leaners and runners, but it seems there is something more im missing on this subject.

i really want to know what this is all about before i get the demo tonight so would appreciate a breakdown.

# 131 2k10Fonzarelli @ 09/14/10 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoudS
how do i back someone down in the post or even in the midrange?

hold both triggers

2K/VC - Don't ever changes these controls, i'm in heaven moving Kobe around the D.

# 132 Tha_Kid @ 09/14/10 07:49 AM
The player speed and acceleration is so on point. Reach on Rondo with Fish and you'll be off the screen in seconds.

And Defense is fun in this game. Ray Allen had a fastbreak hip-to-hip with Kobe. I used the RS to hedge him off from a direct line to the basket and then sent his weak stuff home when he tried to go through Kobe. Too nice.

CPU subbed in Garnett for Pierce and ran a Rondo/Wafer/Garnett/Baby/JO lineup. Yeah.

# 133 CaCHooKa Man @ 09/14/10 07:50 AM
i kinda wanna play as the celtics just so i can see how hard it is to try to stop kobe

# 134 2k10Fonzarelli @ 09/14/10 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrisguitar
okay im confused. what are momentum jumpers?

are they like runner leaners and step backs? and if so, why are they different from 2k10? and how come they are so effective?

and can you do them form a stand still (saw czar do one in a vid)

i was just expecting easier to execute leaners and runners, but it seems there is something more im missing on this subject.

i really want to know what this is all about before i get the demo tonight so would appreciate a breakdown.
you'll be amazed at how easy they are to pull of(with Kobe). essentially, any time you hold the left stick in a direction while your shooting, you'll pull an off balance jumper

This is from the Controls Insight which i am trying to reference every 2 minutes or so.

omentum jumpers also got some love. Like last year’s drifters, these play when you’re driving across the basket and are useful for creating space against the onball defender. These shots are also interruptible. So you can trigger the shot animation and neutral out the Shot Stick before your player gets off the ground for a pumpfake. I love doing this against overzealous defenders looking for a highlight block. Hit the brakes and they fly right by:
● Shot Stick with momentum = Drifter
● Shot Stick away from rim = Stepback jumper
● Shot Stick opposite your momentum = Spin jumper (Lebron uses this all the time IRL)

# 135 DaoudS @ 09/14/10 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k10Fonzarelli
hold both triggers

2K/VC - Don't ever changes these controls, i'm in heaven moving Kobe around the D.
Thanks. Loving the demo...on my 6th quarter...

# 136 rangerrick012 @ 09/14/10 07:53 AM
Control is indeed a lot smoother. 2nd possession of the demo I caught it with Kobe on the perimeter, used a triple threat move to set up a runner across the FT line for 2.

I guess we can only use LA though? Or am I missing something?

Overall just leaves me counting down more and more towards Oct 5.

# 137 DW3 @ 09/14/10 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
Control is indeed a lot smoother. 2nd possession of the demo I caught it with Kobe on the perimeter, used a triple threat move to set up a runner across the FT line for 2.

I guess we can only use LA though? Or am I missing something?

Overall just leaves me counting down more and more towards Oct 5.
This game is sooo fluid and responsive! Does anyone know how to euro step?

# 138 elprez98 @ 09/14/10 07:56 AM
Damn, I think I might have to turn off icon passing.

# 139 Jangle Leg @ 09/14/10 07:58 AM
I like it so far. I don't play with the lakers, but by the second game I was killing it from outside with Fisher. The final score was 14-5 with a chance at 16 on a fast break as time was running down. I wasn't cheesing or anything, just open and some contested shots.

The pace seems good and the controls were right. I just couldn't post with Gasol when I wanted to. I had to keep kicking it back out because he would face the defense with the ball exposed. Time and practice with the demo will fix that and I can't wait until the game is released.

Great Job 2K.

# 140 jimbo22 @ 09/14/10 07:58 AM
Seems better than the last few versions but the demo "quality" is poor. One 4 min Qtr with no option to choose the Celtics, no commentary, no play running. You cant really get a good indication of the game with the demo because its so short.

Madden 11's demo was excellent where you got everything you'll see in a full game whilst getting the chance to play a full game.... sort it out 2k

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.