Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Check out the second Madden NFL designers podcast.
  • Animations and defense (zone) is going to be worked on extensively
  • Discussion on real time physics, it's a long term goal and is the future
  • Triumphs and failures, over the years (discussion)
  • Donny talks about speed rating domination
  • One of the top priorities is DEFENSE, as well as value
  • Metrics - Play Now, Online Play Now, Offline Franchise are the most played modes, the rest are tied well below.
  • Bowling pin tackle discussion.
  • Penalties... PI and defensive holding discussion.
  • Slowing down the CPU snap discussion
  • Next podcast to showcase Franchise mode
Quote:
"Madden Creative Director Ian Cummings this week sets down with Donny Moore and Larry Richart of the Madden design team to talk about a few things; This Week's Roster Update, Game Play Guru Larry Richart, Real Time Physics Discussion, NBA Elite to Tiburon Chat, Twitter Questions, and the already famous Hateful Tweet of the week."

Listen to the podcast, right here.

According to Ian Cummings, it is already available on iTunes.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ZoneKIller @ 11/19/10 05:30 PM
410 gone is what I get when I hit the link

# 2 Steve_OS @ 11/19/10 05:35 PM
Try now. Not sure why they always go down.

# 3 ZoneKIller @ 11/19/10 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Try now. Not sure why they always go down.
Go it!! Thanks Steve

# 4 Jono078 @ 11/19/10 05:39 PM
http://media16.podbean.com/pb/8cc7ab...-Episode-2.m4a

Highlights;

Looking to fix animations - for e.g. suction problems

Defense to be fixed, in particular zone defense, being fixed via code, animation and ratings

They believe real time physics ARE the future, it's a long term goal
Defense is one of the top priorities

Franchise mode was most used aside from play now and online play now. Superstar mode and Online franchise usage was low. Virtual trainer non existent. They want to invest time in the modes people play, so looking good for us offline franchise users

Next podcast will be franchise mode related stay tuned, can't wait!

Good job on the podcast again guys!

# 5 Jono078 @ 11/19/10 05:40 PM
Ah I didn't see this thread sorry, I started mine a while ago but was updating it before submitting the thread.

# 6 Steve_OS @ 11/19/10 05:43 PM
It's ok. I merged it over.

# 7 ZoneKIller @ 11/19/10 05:48 PM
So Vick can gain 21 points to his rating in one season(real life) but it cant happen in Franchise mode?More reason why stats should have a bigger effect in progression for Franchise mode.

# 8 stp2081 @ 11/19/10 06:31 PM
The hateful tweet of the week had me LMAO!

I really appreciate these guys openly addressing common criticisms, even if they don't address all of the issues, I give 'em credit for not trying to hide them under the rug.

# 9 roadman @ 11/19/10 06:37 PM
Hey, a Roadman question was answered.

Bowling Pin Tackles are being addressed.

Good to hear about defense being addressed.

I really like this approach, they aren't spilling the beans, but giving a piece meal approach.

# 10 Palo20 @ 11/19/10 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
So Vick can gain 21 points to his rating in one season(real life) but it cant happen in Franchise mode?More reason why stats should have a bigger effect in progression for Franchise mode.
Because they update ratings during the season so they can duplicate real life.

If a 72 OVR Vick was putting up those same numbers in the video game, would he really need an increase to 93?

# 11 PantherBeast_OS @ 11/19/10 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Hey, a Roadman question was answered.

Bowling Pin Tackles are being addressed.

Good to hear about defense being addressed.

I really like this approach, they aren't spilling the beans, but giving a piece meal approach.
Can you explain what bowing pin tackles are?? I don't know what that means to be honest. Never herd that term before.

# 12 roadman @ 11/19/10 07:37 PM
4 or 5 tackles are hovering around a ball carrier and instead of tackling them, just before tackling them, they all fall to the ground.

# 13 PantherBeast_OS @ 11/19/10 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
4 or 5 tackles are hovering around a ball carrier and instead of tackling them, just before tackling them, they all fall to the ground.
Oh ok bro. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Now I understand what you are saying now. Thanks alot.

# 14 goodygoody @ 11/19/10 07:43 PM
I like almost everything I hear. But, I wish they would take the fact that not a lot of ppl play superstar mode as a sign that they need to give it some attention. Please don't brush it aside EA.

# 15 roadman @ 11/19/10 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Roadman, I'm not trying to knock your excitement man, but what I gathered from that was they're looking into it. He didn't actually say it was going to be fixed.
Didn't I say in the post you quoted, they are being addressed? Isn't that what looking into is?

Ian's exact quote, "We will make an attempt to fix that." That was what I meant by, addressing it.

# 16 Danimal @ 11/19/10 07:59 PM
Well I'm glad my question resulted in a lot of conversation. I get the dev teams perspective and I hope I gave them something to think about. I did learn how the PI slider works which is incorrect, so I hope Ian thinks about his recommendation for it. After all if you set the slider to zero you have no PI calls, which is pretty much what you have now and no one is frustrated.

Hell even a mode for realistic penalties that could be off by default would be good.

Either way I am impressed they addressed the question and I thought this podcats was much better then the first one. I really don't need that much on ratings talk though, isn't there a weekly blog for that already?

# 17 roadman @ 11/19/10 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal

Either way I am impressed they addressed the question and I thought this podcats was much better then the first one. I really don't need that much on ratings talk though, isn't there a weekly blog for that already?
That is what I thought, too, although, this week, it was good to know that the Ratings Czar won't be producing a roster for next week and will get back on track after Thanksgiving.

# 18 PantherBeast_OS @ 11/19/10 08:08 PM
Is there any other way to listen to this podcast on the pc. I don't own no MP4 to here it.

# 19 ZoneKIller @ 11/19/10 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Because they update ratings during the season so they can duplicate real life.

If a 72 OVR Vick was putting up those same numbers in the video game, would he really need an increase to 93?
Yes he would because in real life Vicks going to be either Franchise tagged or a 20 mill a year contract.In franchise Mode,he'd just settle for a 3 year 5 mill contract.

# 20 roadman @ 11/19/10 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
Honestly, the way they addressed the question was disappointing. It was dismissive in my interpretation;it didn't give me any hope at all. I figured they would have talked a little more about it, and explained some of the problems or challenges they have regarding the problem. Instead we got a one word answer which was yes, but it's doubtful that they would say "no, we're not fix it at all."
If you go back over the podcast, before Ian goes into the next question, he did say, "We will make an attempt to fix that.

That's better than not addressing the issue at all.

« Previous123456789Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.