Home
NASCAR The Game 2011 News Post

I received the game this morning at 9 AM. Please keep in mind, I have only raced 4 times so far and practiced at another.

I am going to answer as many questions as I can that have already been asked, then will keep posting impressions and answer as many questions as I can. I have my PS3 in my office hooked up to the same monitor as my PC, so I have to switch over, so If I don't immediately respond to something, it's because I am on the PS3.

On to the questions, from the other topic.

I wanna know how are the Graphics compared to NASCAR 09? I really can't get a good grasp from the videos. Thanks.

IMO the graphics are a bit better than NASCAR 09. NASCAR 09 was a nice looking game, but I think NTG11 does a better job here. There is a very natural, organic look to it, almost like MLB The Show has. The color palate is there, but it's not too crisp, or overdone.

The car models are nicely executed, and tracks look beautiful.

1. I think we are all wondering about the difficulty of the game and if what we saw in the videos was on some easier level. Is the game more realistic than what the videos may have lead us to believe?

2. Is there a true career mode, or is it just a season, and how does that work?

3. Do you get the sense that you are at 30+ different tracks, or does it feel like most of the tracks run about the same?

1. I set the difficulty for the AI on the highest at Tally, Daytona, and Texas. They were very competitive at Tally and Daytona, and Texas were just better than me....flat out! What I really like so far about the AI, is that they are aggressive, but not cheap. They understand that you are also on the track, and try to be cautious of their surroundings. They did bump draft with me at Tally and Daytona, and I could do the same with them...and there was no sign of them being disturbed by it.

2. Have not jumped into career mode as of yet, but will give it a run as the day progresses.

3. There was a nice difference in the feel from Atlanta, Texas, Daytona and Tally. They didn't feel that same at all, and based off early impressions, they did a nice job trying to individualize and realistically replicate each track.

Pre-race presentation-Is there a full pace lap with the driver/grid position rundown like EA did a few years back? Very tv-style touch that was very nice. Also, any featured drivers pre-race?

Wreck/caution-how long is it between the wreck, caution and going into the pace lap? Time enough to 'go thru' the wreck if it happened up in front and you're in the back of the pack, or just 'there's a wreck' and then two seconds later in the caution lap?

Keep in mind, I have not done season or career, but in "race now" option, there was no pre-race or any presentation. It literally took you to the race about 100 yards away from the start finish line.

In regards to wrecking, you get to watch the whole wreck. It doesn't take you away to a cut scene instantly. I was in one at Tally, and it seemed like it lasted 20 seconds, and I was in one at Texas, and it only lasted about 10 seconds. Then it gives you the option to pit under caution...if you choose no, it takes to a few seconds before the green flag drops again.

I am very curious about the realism of the track surface. For example, Are there bumps in on the lowside of turns 1 and 2 at Las Vegas? Do the bumps upset the car and make you create a setup that can handle those bumps?

That leads to my other question. How much does messing with the setup actually change the feel of the car? When the track rubbers up, does the car get tighter?

From what I have seen, the bumps feel like they are barely noticeable. I felt a little bit at Daytona in turns 3 going into 4(keep in mind its still Daytona 10 on my copy) but nothing that really forced me to white knuckle the wheel at all. When an AI car gets into you, you notice that a lot more than any bumps on the track surface. If you're hoping to really feel the surface bumps and have it effect the car....probably not going to be real happy.

I will say the the driving model is really well done though, and you truly feel connected to the track surface.

Ok, going to go test some more, and try to get some photos, but videos may be very difficult. I am trying to find a way to do it right now. I will be back in a few to answer some more questions and give some solid impressions.

Game: NASCAR The Game 2011Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
NASCAR The Game 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 961 chrisasst @ 03/29/11 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luciano2421
I agree with every thing you just posted. I will say that the only time I have raced online cleanly is when it was just me another guy racing. They really need to fix this online before I take it back and get tiger. As you most know cause I have posted this, I want to race just online.

Now my first impressions is this. I love the way the race feels. But i feel the FF on my Xbox 360 is lacking. Maybe its the pro or legend settings I am using? Also does anyone else feel its easy to get wreceked or wreck other people. Like I was racing and I went up to bump some one on the side and I went spinning?

I like this game and think it has great potential but I am seeing alot stuff that can/need to be improved.

Thinks that stick out in my mind right now

1. No Lobbies
2. No Online Leagues to race season
3. Online is broken to the point where i don't even want to play it.
4. No Sliders for career mode to set the A.I. how you want it.
5. Can't change cars in online/offline modes. Set as your career car as default.
6. No cautions for quick or custom races
7. Wrecks every where
8. To easy to be wrecked by A.I. or online drivers.
9. No Lobbies
10. No custom car paints on 360 version

I will continue to play it but I am really unhappy about the online aspect of the game. Offline its great just wish there was sliders to adjust difficulty of how you want it to be set up.

So far I give it a 6/10 just cause the online is crap right now. Hopefully this changes in time.
Do you guys have 360 or PS3? I have PS3 and had no problem with online except for the idiots who are already driving backwards...

# 962 Ænima @ 03/29/11 01:08 PM
I'm in a 12 player lobby and I'm the ONLY person running Legend and Manual Transmission.

The online races are WAY TOO SHORT. Two percent is awful.

EDIT: Yep, online is unplayable. Doing the flipping bug again. Caution came out on the green because I was stuck on my roof. Cars were crashing during caution with AI driving. Skipped a bunch of laps. As soon as the race finished it locked up my console. If you get into a lobby with a bunch of people, it seems to be far more likely. Smaller lobbies do alright.

This better be fixed very, very, VERY quickly.

# 963 luciano2421 @ 03/29/11 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisasst
Do you guys have 360 or PS3? I have PS3 and had no problem with online except for the idiots who are already driving backwards...

360 version. If it wasn't for all my friends racing on the 360 I would have the PS3 version. This really has me bummed out. I am taking a break trying to figure out what to do with the game. Should I take it back or just ride it out?

# 964 BadAssHskr @ 03/29/11 01:23 PM
not much release day hype going on around here.....

i'm picking the game up first thing when i get off work.

i'm excited for this one....

# 965 TCrouch @ 03/29/11 01:25 PM
1,043 replies to a Q&A and Impressions thread that was started a few days ago isn't much hype?

# 966 Ænima @ 03/29/11 01:25 PM
Quote:
360 version. If it wasn't for all my friends racing on the 360 I would have the PS3 version. This really has me bummed out. I am taking a break trying to figure out what to do with the game. Should I take it back or just ride it out?
At least give it a few days. I think the problem MIGHT be related to certain players being online without the patch since it dropped earlier today. Some races are perfectly fine. I've raced five online races. Three were fine (With smaller lobbies) and two were bugged out.

If it just takes one person without the patch to break an online lobby, that makes sense.

# 967 luciano2421 @ 03/29/11 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænima
At least give it a few days. I think the problem MIGHT be related to certain players being online without the patch since it dropped earlier today. Some races are perfectly fine. I've raced five online races. Three were fine (With smaller lobbies) and two were bugged out.

If it just takes one person without the patch to break an online lobby, that makes sense.
have you raced with a full lobby or even over 10 racers yet?

# 968 Ænima @ 03/29/11 01:34 PM
Quote:
have you raced with a full lobby or even over 10 racers yet?
Races:

2 Drivers - Won, no bugs
6 Drivers - Won, no bugs
7 Drivers - Top Five, wrecked by wrecker but no bugs
8 Drivers - Bugmaggedon
12 Drivers - Bugmaggedon + System Lock Up

I really think it just takes one bad apple, hence the odds of the large lobbies having the problem.

# 969 bluengold34_OS @ 03/29/11 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcaridnals1522
Blue, can you talk to the developers about only being able to use the car you pick for career online, and only having 60 seconds to setup a match. Thanks it would be great if that could be fixed!
I will see what I can do....but I don't work for them. I will send a couple of emails and see if its possible to get this fixed quickly or not.

# 970 Ænima @ 03/29/11 01:39 PM
I really just hope they are aware of this online-breaking bug that is going on.

# 971 BadAssHskr @ 03/29/11 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
1,043 replies to a Q&A and Impressions thread that was started a few days ago isn't much hype?
the game came out just over 12 hours ago. that was mid way through page 50 on the forum.

here we are smoking up to page 53.

yeah, that is hella hype....

# 972 mwjr @ 03/29/11 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Chicagoland on very hard for AI

http://
Man, that's a good-looking game.

# 973 bluengold34_OS @ 03/29/11 01:42 PM
Ok...I have the word out too see if they could a quick fix for the user car only online, and the 60 second limit to invite to lobby. As soon as I have an anwser, I will post it. Hopefully it's no more than just a couple of hours for response.

# 974 Chappy @ 03/29/11 01:42 PM
So... Is this game a day one purchase??? Yes or no?

# 975 bluengold34_OS @ 03/29/11 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy
So... Is this game a day one purchase??? Yes or no?
Bro...that's a loaded question I still stand by my word, as I think it's a great game, and fun as hell to drive. It has it's issues( 360 online is broken I guess)and the career mode is thin, the online options are very thin, the AI can act erratic at times. and I guess the caution flag still doesn't drop when it should(although it has dropped every time post patch for me) but I love racing it offline. I had no issues at all online either. It was very smooth and lag free on the PS3, but I had limited number of players also.

# 976 stlcaridnals1522 @ 03/29/11 01:49 PM
Thanks so much for doing that blue.. Appreciate all you have done this past week and your honest opinion we can trust.

# 977 BadAssHskr @ 03/29/11 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
Man, that's a good-looking game.
i'll second that! nice video there....

# 978 mwjr @ 03/29/11 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby
Just saw this NASCAR 2011 video on YouTube, it's very funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2djBsPzA9xE
LOL! That's like a scene from the Blues Brothers.

# 979 petty43 @ 03/29/11 01:56 PM
Ok dumb question where do you set tire wear ...2x 4 x and so on for single race ?

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

# 980 goosedawg68 @ 03/29/11 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Bro...that's a loaded question I still stand by my word, as I think it's a great game, and fun as hell to drive. It has it's issues( 360 online is broken I guess)and the career mode is thin, the online options are very thin, the AI can act erratic at times. and I guess the caution flag still doesn't drop when it should(although it has dropped every time post patch for me) but I love racing it offline. I had no issues at all online either. It was very smooth and lag free on the PS3, but I had limited number of players also.
So it sounds like its good as long as your not online? At least until they fix that part.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.