Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Yes, we know. There are a lot of bugs within NCAA Football 12 that are still waiting to be resolved.

However, as we wait for Title Update #2, there have been some great Slider Sets brought to us by OS'ers in our NCAA Football Sliders Forum. In order to make this process of finding a set as easy as possible, here's a quick and dirty list of the top picks thus far within the community.

Heisman Sliders

SECElite's 2012 Heisman Sliders

Quote:
"I understand there are already various slider sets out there. I see most of the sets tuned with default settings or slightly tweaked from default, and that is fine, but I personally do not like default Heisman. I feel like it plays more of an arcade type game play. When I play, I want to see a sloppy football game because football is a sloppy game. Football isn’t always precise and games aren’t always won by the team having the best talent on the field. Games are sometime won by pure luck or that one decision that was smarter than the one made by the guy representing the other sideline."

Matt10's Heisman Sliders

Quote:
"I'm quite content with these. Getting a huge variety of games. I've been destroyed by top teams, and also have upset with mid prestige teams. Quarterbacks are playing true to their ratings - and the stats show.

I hated to go so high in some of the values, but this year's game can't work with the super low values as I had in version 1. The CPU RB is now a threat again, and thus the CPU plays a well balanced - strategic game. "

firktaf's Heisman Sliders

Quote:
"These are the ones I'll be using from this point until the Patch comes out. Absolutely brilliant work, especially on GREATLY decreasing the bad pass rush issues."

All-American Sliders

SN's All-American Sliders

Quote:
"I am returning once again to do All American sliders for NCAA Football 12! I have been producing slider sets since NCAA 06 on PS2 then moved up to Xbox 360 once the new generation NCAA came out. Now, I've made my transition from Xbox 360 to PS3, but the concept will be the same by using my experience to seek out the best settings for All American level. Hopefully, I can come up with the best challenging slider set for All American, but realistic at the same time."

SECElite's 2012 All-American Sliders

Quote:
"First off, I just want to thank the many slider gurus who have placed their time and efforts into this game. I learn so much from all of them year in and year out. With that being said, I always like to do my own sliders. I love to lab and to see how tweaks to this and that effect the game play. As many of you know, over the past few weeks I have put many hours into testing various slider sets. "

Varsity Sliders

mkharsh33 Varsity/Slow Speed/8 Min Sliders

Quote:
"I let the cpu pick the plays for me - meaning: I use the three in the window and ONLY pick one of the three. This stops ME from picking the same plays repeatedly, but still allows me options.

Also, I use the defensive line on defense and apply the "no switch" on passes until the pass has been completed. I will deviate from this sometimes, but not much. But these are the only two base rules I personally use."

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Schotzie @ 08/19/11 01:16 PM
Don't forget Jistics AA sliders. AMAZING set.

# 2 ultralow36 @ 08/19/11 01:19 PM
great game with some of these..

# 3 booker21 @ 08/19/11 01:22 PM
The main problem this year is that sliders are not as effective as last versions.

So this makes some levels unplayable because you can´t find a happy medium.

Before this year i was able to find a good place in AA.

This year AA is too easy and Heisman is too hard for my type of game.
Mainly because QB acc is not as sensitive as before so QB acc at 0 doesn´t make my QB overthrows as often as before.

While Heisman at 0 doesn´t make the CPU plays as bad as before.

This is why i´m so frustrated this year with NCAA version.

# 4 DNMHIII @ 08/19/11 01:23 PM
I can't even play the game without the sliders that these guys put together. A big thanks goes out to all these guys for their time.

# 5 Eski33 @ 08/19/11 01:29 PM
I play Heisman. Turned down one notch for CPU pass rush, pass block, RB ability, rush def. Turned down kick power two notches. I may try these sliders to see how they feel.

Even with its current issues, lovin NCAA.

# 6 billysims @ 08/19/11 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
I can't even play the game without the sliders that these guys put together. A big thanks goes out to all these guys for their time.
Agree. Have been mostly coach-mode this year, and only doing play now games until the next patch, but using some varsity sliders i've seen here with some small tweaks, no real issue for me.

# 7 C the Lyte @ 08/19/11 01:54 PM
I think sliders and people's lack of willing to tweak with are the difference between OSers hating this game and loving this game.

Finding a set and tweaking to what you expect and your skill level makes this the best football to date gameplay wise. And I can't put it down. this is why I don't want a patch.

Just tweak progression.

# 8 Cardot @ 08/19/11 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C the Lyte
I think sliders and people's lack of willing to tweak with are the difference between OSers hating this game and loving this game.
I agree with this. But there are some things sliders just can't fix. For example, no matter what you do, it will always be 1000X easier to complete a slant than an out pattern. TE and Slot receivers will always be more open than WR running the stop route.

# 9 skeezapleez @ 08/19/11 02:48 PM
I appreciate all of the work these guys do to try and get us a nice playing game, but won't these all unfortunately need major tweaking after the upcoming update/tuner set?

# 10 booker21 @ 08/19/11 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeezapleez
I appreciate all of the work these guys do to try and get us a nice playing game, but won't these all unfortunately need major tweaking after the upcoming update/tuner set?
possible.

If EA only tweak and fix what they have said in the readme it won´t be necessary but they always tweak something else.. usually break other stuff too!

# 11 waytofailself @ 08/19/11 03:20 PM
Thanks for this post!

That said, I did find Matt10's heisman sliders to be very easy. Going from SECElite's AA I went 6-1 after going 7-0 on AA.

The loss was close. Most of the wins weren't.

# 12 cparrish @ 08/19/11 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I agree with this. But there are some things sliders just can't fix. For example, no matter what you do, it will always be 1000X easier to complete a slant than an out pattern. TE and Slot receivers will always be more open than WR running the stop route.
It is the same on the football field. Not many QBs can or have the ability to go out and complete out patterns all day. That is the route that truly separates QBs.

As for the sliders, the work these guys do improves the game tenfold!

# 13 Jr. @ 08/19/11 03:31 PM
Quote:
I actually find the out route the easiest route to complete a pass. Slants don't work much for me because the defense always seems to be in a zone. I also don't hot route much at all.

I agree with someone else who noted Jistic's AA sliders. I used those as a base, made a few tweaks, and the game is playing very solid for me right now.

# 14 Cardot @ 08/19/11 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baughn3
I actually find the out route the easiest route to complete a pass. Slants don't work much for me because the defense always seems to be in a zone. I also don't hot route much at all.

I agree with someone else who noted Jistic's AA sliders. I used those as a base, made a few tweaks, and the game is playing very solid for me right now.
Really? I am also using Jistic's sliders. But whenever I even think about throwing a quick out, the CB starts by taking two steps to the outside before I even snap the ball. And the few times I actually have the nads to make the throw, the corner seems to break to the ball before my WR.....so now I am just plain scared to throw it.

# 15 Jr. @ 08/19/11 04:13 PM
Quote:
Really? I am also using Jistic's sliders. But whenever I even think about throwing a quick out, the CB starts by taking two steps to the outside before I even snap the ball. And the few times I actually have the nads to make the throw, the corner seems to break to the ball before my WR.....so now I am just plain scared to throw it.
I haven't tried any quick outs. I was talking about the 10 yard out. I find that one is usually easy to complete. Again, I find that the defense plays a lot of zone against me, so maybe that's why.

# 16 Rivals @ 08/19/11 04:39 PM
Been using a variation of SEC's Heisman sliders. I need to play more games, but the passing game seems to be much improved. Granted, with a zero pass accuracy, you will have a few passes go into to stands unintentionally. But you accept that as a sim player.

# 17 tommygunn @ 08/19/11 06:13 PM
Instead of trying sliders, try selling it on ebay. You'll put some coin in your pocket, and have a lot more free time instead of wasting it trying to make this POS game playable. Plus is keeps $$$ away from EA for making a broken product. Vote with your wallets folks. I for one am sick of shelling out $60 for a game that looks pretty, but ultimately plays a lousy game of football.

# 18 MaddenFranchise10 @ 08/19/11 07:24 PM
I appreciate the work these guys put in to testing their slider sets, and they do help a little.

But most of the gameplay issues cannot be fixed with slider adjustments.

- Sliders can't eliminate psychic DB's while keeping passing challenging.

- Sliders can't eliminate super LB's that can shift momentum instantaneously.

- Sliders can't make it so the defense doesn't know exactly what play your offense is running.

- Sliders don't affect how WR never make plays for the ball.

- Sliders have no effect on how pass interference never gets called.

- Sliders don't affect the horrendous AI play calling logic.

These just some of the glaring reasons I'm not enjoying NCAA 12. The sliders make little difference, and some of them don't work properly, or aren't sensitive enough.

And on-the-field gameplay issues aren't the worst part of the game. I can't play my favorite game mode without the game freezing. How does a slider set alleviate this problem?

Sliders can't fix bad programming. Besides the fact that it's not our job, we don't have the tools to fix anything. EA needs to do their job better. They should start by addressing the inherent gameplay problems and they should refrain from implementing defective features in future releases. They also seem to need better game testers.

# 19 ZekeRoberts @ 08/19/11 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenFranchise10
I appreciate the work these guys put in to testing their slider sets, and they do help a little.

But most of the gameplay issues cannot be fixed with slider adjustments.

- Sliders can't eliminate psychic DB's while keeping passing challenging.

- Sliders can't eliminate super LB's that can shift momentum instantaneously.

- Sliders can't make it so the defense doesn't know exactly what play your offense is running.

- Sliders don't affect how WR never make plays for the ball.

- Sliders have no effect on how pass interference never gets called.

- Sliders don't affect the horrendous AI play calling logic.

These just some of the glaring reasons I'm not enjoying NCAA 12. The sliders make little difference, and some of them don't work properly, or aren't sensitive enough.

And on-the-field gameplay issues aren't the worst part of the game. I can't play my favorite game mode without the game freezing. How does a slider set alleviate this problem?

Sliders can't fix bad programming. Besides the fact that it's not our job, we don't have the tools to fix anything. EA needs to do their job better. They should start by addressing the inherent gameplay problems and they should refrain from implementing defective features in future releases. They also seem to need better game testers.
i'm sorry, and i don't mean to pick on this last post here (wrong place wrong time) but how are posts like these productive in any way? there are literally hundreds of people making hundreds of posts like this about the game and its designers and it just ruins this website and consequently the game when people like myself come here looking to get even more out of a game they enjoy

really... how is this stuff constructive in any way? do developers really need to see as many posts in as many threads possible to be aware of the bugs and flaws with this GAME (remember it is a GAME)

sorry, maddenfranchise10, again this wasn't directed at you... just too much of this going on this year (and it seems like more and more each year)

# 20 MaddenFranchise10 @ 08/19/11 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Fowler
I'm sure your heavily invested in hating the game. But you are just wrong. Decrease coverage ability, and the DB PRC doesn't have such an impace and LBs don't swat everything.

Not being so obvious will keep the defense honest. I know people claim that the defense cheats, but not anymore than a human that knows full well that you are going to run or pass, and what you are doing when you audible.
If you reread my post, I said it's impossible to eliminate psychic DB's without making the passing game too easy. Pick your poison. You can either have psychic DB's able to cover 2-3 players even in man or half the field in cover 2, or you have brain-dead DB's that blow coverages every play. There's no option for a realistic challenge. That's the problem. To say that sliders fix this problem is a lie.

And the AI defenses know the exact play you're calling. There's nothing realistic or "human" about that. Even the best DC's don't know what the offense is going to run. If you come out in a 4 WR set draw, the safeties will show blitz. If you audible to a pass, the defense will adjust to cover 2. Audible back to a run and watch the defenders creep back to the LoS. You can keep audibling back and forth and watch the safeties jog around. Again, sliders don't fix this core problem.

The fact that it's impossible to outsmart the defense is a huge drawback, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeRoberts
i'm sorry, and i don't mean to pick on this last post here (wrong place wrong time) but how are posts like these productive in any way? there are literally hundreds of people making hundreds of posts like this about the game and its designers and it just ruins this website and consequently the game when people like myself come here looking to get even more out of a game they enjoy

really... how is this stuff constructive in any way? do developers really need to see as many posts in as many threads possible to be aware of the bugs and flaws with this GAME (remember it is a GAME)

sorry, maddenfranchise10, again this wasn't directed at you... just too much of this going on this year (and it seems like more and more each year)

No offense taken, but why does a post have to be filled with compliments for it to be constructive? In my opinion, blind praise is more destructive to a game's quality than fair criticism. Otherwise, how will developers know what needs to be fixed? It's not enough to compile a list of bugs and gameplay issues and lock them all in a room and never speak of them. We (as EA's paying customers) must express our discontent in certain areas so they know where to allocate their resources next year.

For example, players have been complaining about Maddens presentation and annoying commentary, so that's what EA is now working on improving. Players liked team intros from other sports titles, so EA introduced team intros. Players complained about suction blocking, and now it's less noticeable. I have a hope that next year psychic DB's and super LB's will be less noticeable too.

On the flip-side, how constructive is your post, or the hundreds like them from others that search for any opportunity to express contempt for those of us that are unhappy with this game, this franchise, the developer, and how they handle their community's complaints.

I guess to people like yourself, it would be more productive for me to bite my tongue and bend over. That would get EA to notice and fix these glaring problems, right?

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.