Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

2K Sports sent us this OS exclusive video of the 1st quarter between the Los Angeles Clippers and Boston Celtics. Give it a view and let us know what you think.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 221 cmebfresh @ 09/15/11 07:00 PM
how to post a video on os

# 222 cmebfresh @ 09/15/11 07:03 PM
Also the court on 2k12 have much more detail then last year

# 223 BroMontana82 @ 09/15/11 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Shuttlesworth
haha that's actually realistic. There are probably twenty players in the NBA who actually box out.
haha you know what i mean. for real though, you at least get some sort of physicality down there especially when the offensive guy bumps into the defender, it's almost instinct to body up and box out even if it's a lame attempt at that. i mean, in the video, everyone's just sitting there staring. there aren't a lot of rodman or oakleys in the game now, but there is way more boxing out than you see here.

they let 1 guy come crashing in on 4 of them for a putback attempt. looks strange in a game let alone in the nba.

# 224 skillz7854 @ 09/15/11 07:09 PM
this game looks great one thing rondo looks like a crack fiend and 2k11 he looked liked a cocked eyed chimp but overall he looks better then lat year

# 225 NINJAK2 @ 09/15/11 07:15 PM
Anyone know if that camera is the new default broadcast or custom?

Memo 2 2k: Game looks great but in future gameplay videos don't bypass anything with button presses! While I know you guys have seen starting lineups, dead ball situations, etc 1000's of times in development we the customers have not. U guys put in work this year!!

# 226 Goffs @ 09/15/11 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Anyone know if that camera is the new default broadcast or custom?

Memo 2 2k: Game looks great but in future gameplay videos don't bypass anything with button presses! While I know you guys have seen starting lineups, dead ball situations, etc 1000's of times in development we the customers have not. U guys put in work this year!!
It's probably the default camera angle since Ronnie just jumped right in without messing with the settings.

Better question is if 2k added arena specific broadcast camera angles. The Washington Wizards gameplay looked like it was in a low angle compared to this one.

# 227 NINJAK2 @ 09/15/11 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
It's probably the default camera angle since Ronnie just jumped right in without messing with the settings.

Better question is if 2k added arena specific broadcast camera angles. The Washington Wizards gameplay looked like it was in a low angle compared to this one.
Good call Goffs. I forgot who put together the broadcast settings here at OS for 2k11 but I use them for every arena I play in.

I wanted to add that 2k really stepped it up on the faces. Mo, Rondo, Pierce, Allen look much better this year.

# 228 blues rocker @ 09/15/11 07:38 PM
the Blake Griffin layup at 1:39 bothers me a bit...he spins out of the post and Garnett is right in his path and should've bumped him...but Griffin is able to just go through Garnett without any contact. worries me a bit that these post spin animations may be too hard to interrupt once they start.

# 229 Squirrel_Dude @ 09/15/11 07:46 PM
I liked what I saw, but would it be horrible to say that I think I'm going to wait a year before I buy another 2k basketball game?

I think it's going to take them another year to really work out all the kinks in having two color analysts (it's pretty good so far). The bigger issue with the commentary is that the shifts from play by play to color commentary are so jarring.

E.g.
Oneal with the defense.
We talk about the Clippers... blah blah blah.

E.g. 2
Eric Gordon misses the shot
You know guys I really like what the Clippers... blah blah blah.
[pause]
Williams kicks it to Gordon

I don't think it would annoy me so much, except that I feel it could be fixed with a couple small changes.

E.G. 1
Jermaine Oneal with the defense as we talk about the Clippers... blah blah blah

See how that makes the statement flow much better, and keeps it less choppy?

Anyway, besides that, I think I'm going to wait because I don't think that the improvements to this game will be worth a full 60 bucks. I like some of the ideas and changes made over the past two games, but I want to wait for the kinks to be better ironed out completely.

# 230 ye24 @ 09/15/11 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
realistically speaking you are seriously breaking down a video game like you're John Madden.

im not talking football here...lol

im just saying thats one of my pet peeves in 2k11 is when you beat a man off the dribble somehow magically he still stays in front of u..all im saying

# 231 blues rocker @ 09/15/11 07:47 PM
on the Ray Allen drive at 4:16, his defender appears to beat him to the spot and draw a charge fair and square, yet there is no charge called...instead Kaman is called for a foul.

# 232 blues rocker @ 09/15/11 08:00 PM
one more little nitpick...when offball players go into that "full sprint" run, they can sometimes accelerate a bit too fast and it looks like a robotic turbo boost rather than a realistic speed burst.

like at the 7:53 mark the Clipper in the middle of the floor get's a freakish speed boost like the bionic man and just accelerates way too quickly.

i like that 2k added this extra gear of speed in 2k12, but it seems they haven't quite ironed out the acceleration yet to make players transition more smoothly from a jog to a full sprint.

# 233 blues rocker @ 09/15/11 08:12 PM
the inside pass at 6:32 is a bit worrisome...the celtic defender (i think Rondo) has his back completely turned to the ball and just lets the pass whiz right by his head...feels like he should've been turned kind of sideways and paying at least some attention to where the ball was. I hope this is just on a low difficulty and on harder settings the defenders will intercept these kinds of risky passes into traffic....but, I feel like in 2k11 (even on lower difficulties) that pass would've been tipped.

# 234 youvalss @ 09/15/11 08:23 PM
Finally a REAL gameplay video. looking good! Now I need more...

# 235 stillfeelme @ 09/15/11 08:51 PM
All I can say is I shown this video to people that watch basketball and to people that don't watch basketball without saying anything, the first thing they said is " what game I was watching... and wow this looks like a real basketball game". Those type of comments says it all. 2K11 was nice but this year's game appears to be on a whole different level across the board. Even though this video didn't show everything you can pick up on everything:
  • The user was trying to show a few things, walk animations and tried to force the Euro-step with Rondo and the CPU was not having it.
  • The CPU, the CPU wow AI playing real bball depending on what the user was giving them. I "felt" no advantage given to the CPU don't know what level this is on but I would probably guess All-Star Sim or perhaps Pro SIM. Fast Breaks!!!
  • The plays now start smooth and seem to run so much more smoother this year.
  • I loved the pace of the game. The 6min quarter around 40% shooting for both teams 14-9 just about realistic stats for 12 min.
  • To be honest the only thing messing this game up is the NBA lockout with the dynamic updates but I will play this thing like the rookies didn't exist.
  • I think this game has anti-cheese repellant, I think if you try to force things you will pay this year.

# 236 magicman32 @ 09/15/11 09:30 PM
The game looks nice. I can't wait to play the demo to get a feel of how the game plays.

But in 2k12, I hoped they improved the passing, rebounding, speed some of the pivot animations, and also improve my player modes AI. It would have been great to see a 3 on 2 or 2 on 1 fast break in this video. I sure hope they improved the fast breaks and straight line dribbling after you pump fake and get your man in the air.

# 237 mgrand15 @ 09/15/11 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel_Dude
I liked what I saw, but would it be horrible to say that I think I'm going to wait a year before I buy another 2k basketball game?

I think it's going to take them another year to really work out all the kinks in having two color analysts (it's pretty good so far). The bigger issue with the commentary is that the shifts from play by play to color commentary are so jarring.

E.g.
Oneal with the defense.

E.g. 2
[pause]

I don't think it would annoy me so much, except that I feel it could be fixed with a couple small changes.

E.G. 1

Anyway, besides that, I think I'm going to wait because I don't think that the improvements to this game will be worth a full 60 bucks. I like some of the ideas and changes made over the past two games, but I want to wait for the kinks to be better ironed out completely.
You may be trolling but to anyone that isn't willing to spend 60 bucks for a game you're going to play for more than a year - get a job jeez or stop being so stingy.

Although, I do agree with you - the commentary gets very annoying, so I normally just play with music in the background. I can't stand hearing the same thing over and over after playing for a couple days. Also, this is dumb but what's with 2K and conference records. I'm not sure I've ever heard a real announcer mention Team X's record vs. East or West but 2K is always constantly mentioning that stat. Always odd to me.

Gameplay looks awesome, though. The Celtic user could hardly just bully his way into the paint and the separation he got with Pierce on those mid range jumpers were sweet. Subtle moves but the CPU actually reacted. Missed putback dunk by Griffin was awesome, I wish we got to see his athleticism more though. He should threw down a monster dunk on that weak layup he made.

# 238 strongarmstrong @ 09/15/11 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel_Dude

E.g.
Oneal with the defense.

E.g. 2
[pause]

E.G. 1

^Cmon Son! Stop it B!

# 239 JustSteve @ 09/15/11 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabri3l3
WHAT'S NOT

- Didn't like Griffin lay-up on 7:31... it could have been easily blocked
Right. No way is Griffin taking it weak to the hole in that situation.

# 240 TheKasmar @ 09/15/11 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
the inside pass at 6:32 is a bit worrisome...the celtic defender (i think Rondo) has his back completely turned to the ball and just lets the pass whiz right by his head...feels like he should've been turned kind of sideways and paying at least some attention to where the ball was. I hope this is just on a low difficulty and on harder settings the defenders will intercept these kinds of risky passes into traffic....but, I feel like in 2k11 (even on lower difficulties) that pass would've been tipped.
Last year the defender would have physic ability to deflect passes they werent looking at.

I'd like to see some more errrant passes in that situation.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.