Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

2K Sports sent us this OS exclusive video of the 1st quarter between the Los Angeles Clippers and Boston Celtics. Give it a view and let us know what you think.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 241 Jakeness23 @ 09/15/11 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
It's probably the default camera angle since Ronnie just jumped right in without messing with the settings.

Better question is if 2k added arena specific broadcast camera angles. The Washington Wizards gameplay looked like it was in a low angle compared to this one.
I think Steve or Dustin confirmed on Twitter that each arena has its own unique broadcast camera

# 242 PadresFan104 @ 09/15/11 10:18 PM
Do NBA fans really act that animated (standing up over and over waving their arms around) in the first quarter of a regular season game? That's the only thing bugging me in this video....

# 243 Goffs @ 09/15/11 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
I think Steve or Dustin confirmed on Twitter that each arena has its own unique broadcast camera
they have? I'm still waiting for there write up...

# 244 Swanson HD @ 09/15/11 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinkybon
Looks good, the intro polish is a really nice touch. I too hope it was a manual cancellation, as that kinda presentation for every player would be awesome. A few observations:

- Defense is much sharper, good to see
- Paul Pierce's pull up J looked fantastic
- FG looked good, but still looked a bit like a jump shooter's game; mind you this is only one quarter, so too early to say
- Long bomb passes are still getting rewarded, namely Gomes' pass
- Griffin's block looked nice, but Jermaine put up a strange shot that got him blocked, not sure if this was an animation

It's a nice start.
I could see how you would think that, but the guy only went to the post 1 time with KG and 1 time with JO.

Also at 7:31 Griffin would have tried to throw that down no matter who is in front of him. I don't think lay-up is in his vocab.

# 245 Swanson HD @ 09/15/11 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe23323
Ohh Myy Godd, the video is amazing, wait this game, i love so much gameplay, move and shot jumps i like all this game, the best game of the year.

NBA Lockout wait ends
What?????????

# 246 btrapp @ 09/15/11 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrand15
You may be trolling but to anyone that isn't willing to spend 60 bucks for a game you're going to play for more than a year - get a job jeez or stop being so stingy.

Although, I do agree with you - the commentary gets very annoying, so I normally just play with music in the background. I can't stand hearing the same thing over and over after playing for a couple days. Also, this is dumb but what's with 2K and conference records. I'm not sure I've ever heard a real announcer mention Team X's record vs. East or West but 2K is always constantly mentioning that stat. Always odd to me.

Gameplay looks awesome, though. The Celtic user could hardly just bully his way into the paint and the separation he got with Pierce on those mid range jumpers were sweet. Subtle moves but the CPU actually reacted. Missed putback dunk by Griffin was awesome, I wish we got to see his athleticism more though. He should threw down a monster dunk on that weak layup he made.

Actually,announcers talk about conference records all the time in real life.

# 247 Jakeness23 @ 09/15/11 11:07 PM
@Steve_OS
Steve Noah
@NYGiants4Natic actually all arenas have their own home broadcast camera. My preview will touch on it.

# 248 KG @ 09/15/11 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
the Blake Griffin layup at 1:39 bothers me a bit...he spins out of the post and Garnett is right in his path and should've bumped him...but Griffin is able to just go through Garnett without any contact. worries me a bit that these post spin animations may be too hard to interrupt once they start.
I don't like how he went to the left-hand on that. I've always thought that the off-hand success rate around the basket was/is way too high in 2K games. That is an extremely difficult shot yet it goes in at a high clip.

Outside of that I wasn't too wowed by the video. That's not to say it was bad, merely that I have a higher expectations from 2K.

# 249 coolcras7 @ 09/15/11 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBERTPULHOZ
I agree .
It looks good and its still a must buy to me .
The only problem i REALLY have with this game is the dribbling and penetration and lack of control/feel for the game .
I mean look at the 3:35 mark .
Rondo constantly TRIES to get past gordon but is unsuccessful .
Not that it couldnt happen in a real game , but in 2k you cant really blow past defenders like you can in real life .
Not realistic at all your always left with some clunky animation of running into a wall instead of dipping your head and driving towards the basket like your taught to do .
anyways , still love the game .
That is because in real life Rondo would wait until he has a lane to attack the basket not try to run through people, that is the difference between a video game being played by Ronnie controlling a computer generated Rondo and the real life Rondo

# 250 samer naser @ 09/15/11 11:15 PM
omg!! this is sick!! the movment seems soo smooth and post game is terrific, and i love how every player iv seen so far has a new jumpshot, and there all perfect!!!!!!! but cmon celtics vs clippers lol, wheres the lakers gameplay! hahahahah

# 251 blues rocker @ 09/15/11 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I don't like how he went to the left-hand on that. I've always thought that the off-hand success rate around the basket was/is way too high in 2K games. That is an extremely difficult shot yet it goes in at a high clip.

Outside of that I wasn't too wowed by the video. That's not to say it was bad, merely that I have a higher expectations from 2K.
i'm hoping the lack of contact with Garnett on that move was due to the game being on "default" or "casual" mode and thus the collision sliders are lower...hopefully that is the case and "sim" mode would result in a collision with Garnett in that situation.

# 252 coolcras7 @ 09/15/11 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
i'm hoping the lack of contact with Garnett on that move was due to the game being on "default" or "casual" mode and thus the collision sliders are lower...hopefully that is the case and "sim" mode would result in a collision with Garnett in that situation.
That had more to do with user error, Ronnie switch to KG after Pierce got in trouble KG never got in position to create any real contact.

# 253 coolcras7 @ 09/15/11 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBERTPULHOZ
Yeah the problem with that though is , in real life , you can create your own lane and he had plenty of lane if he beats his man off the dribble (which by the way SEVERAL not as nearly skilled players can do , just not in 2k)
Still trying to figure out your point, let me give it a try, Ronnie could not drive to the lane with Rondo because their was no lane to drive and because he played horribly and some how that is a flaw in the game ?

# 254 cmebfresh @ 09/15/11 11:38 PM
i like the real Paul Pierce step back move.

# 255 BashFlang @ 09/15/11 11:41 PM
There is still some problems, but I love it. Mainly because the clippers are my favorite team though haha. I am really excited at how blake griffin looked, I hope he is getting the superstar attention he deserves. His ratings were so bad last year it wasn't even funny :/

but the game looks good and the main thing I like so far is how smooth the game looks, its ridiculous

I think blake griffin might be one of my Create a Legend picks for this year! straight up beast!

# 256 Arod2k9 @ 09/16/11 12:10 AM
The hype for this game is at an all time high for me, I just can't believe that 2K improved so much in every aspect of gameplay, presentation, animations, physics, I could go on and on. Thanks OS and 2K for sharing this incredible video!

# 257 Self313 @ 09/16/11 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG

you're tellin me its hard to make a left hand lay up?

# 258 johnnyg713 @ 09/16/11 01:11 AM
When 2k11 came out last year there was one thing that really bothered me about the game and it was the walk up/player with the ball (ex: pg at the top of the key pointing at his defenders to get out of the way etc.) animations being completely removed. When i saw the vid, I did notice rondo walking but it just wasn't what I was looking for.

What I loved about those animations were that they made you feel like you were controlling the pace of the game as certain guys, almost as if they had their own signature walk up animations. It was a real cool touch.

I thought they would fix and put all those animations back into the game and even add more but that walk up animation seemed very generic and robotic. The old ones seemed very life-like and i hate to use the term, but they had "swagger". It only a little detail but I def thought those would be addressed this year.

# 259 23 @ 09/16/11 01:20 AM
Re the Ray E. Gordon thing

Gordon ran in a straight line, Ray at about 2 or 3 angles

So... slower Ray, at angles doesnt quite beat a faster EG in a straight line

Shortest distance between two points = straight line

# 260 SpecterSBC @ 09/16/11 01:28 AM
Commentary sounds a lot more official with Steve Kerr. (Pierce at 2:48 Smoooooooooooth!!!!)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.