Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Here are some of the notables.

Rose - 92
Stephen Jackson - 83
Noah - 82
KG - 83
Pierce - 82
R. Allen - 80
B. Griffin - 85
R. Gay - 86
Z. Randolph - 83
Joe Johnson - 84
J. Smith - 84
Horford - 80
Wade - 96
Bron - 98
Bosh - 80
C. Paul 93
Millsap - 80
A. Jefferson - 81
T. Evans 80
Melo - 91
Amare - 88
Billups - 79
Kobe - 94
Gasol -86
D. Howard - 93
Dirk - 85
Butler - 81
D. Williams 90
W. Chandler - 80
Granger - 81
Prince - 77
RIP - 76
Barbosa - 71
K. Martin - 79
K. Lowry - 76
Scola - 77
T. Parker - 80
Manu - 85
Duncan - 84
Nash - 84
G. Hill - 80
A. Brooks - 75
Westbrook - 88
Durant - 92
Beasley - 78
K. Love - 81
Felton - 75
G. Wallace - 83
L. Aldridge - 83
B. Roy - 78
S. Curry - 80
Ellis - 83
D. Lee - 79
John Wall - 82

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 221 Tpitt85 @ 09/27/11 04:11 PM
this is why CP3 is rated higher than Dwill ( In Charles Barkley Voice ) it's called D.E.F.E.N.S.E defense i maybe wrong but i doubt it

# 222 SouthBeach @ 09/27/11 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanchard48moh
my bad, I thought replying to your comment would also post his comment as well. The pace things sort of breaks down the other person's argument. Which is weak. You can bash the Heat all you want, but the fact remains they were in the NBA Finals in their first year together. How long did it take the Mavs?
Haha, all good.

I mean, I'm always using that argument too. It's great to make it to the finals in your first year as a new team. But I still think Dallas will have Miami's number once again if certain people fail to show up when it matters; Wade included.

With the ratings being so controversial, some people forget that every player has a weakness that may contribute to lowering the ratings. We can all say that Rondo is probably one of the most unique point guards in the game. But we also know he's one of the worst shooters in the league.

So if he was rated a 75 overall, but a 99 in passing (what he does best in my opinion), would people be upset? Probably.

# 223 stlpimpmonsta @ 09/27/11 04:20 PM
lol everyone mad cause iof their lack of knoledge on how the overall system works.

Saw my spurs.They are fine.

# 224 MikeBadge @ 09/27/11 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
Haha, okay. Well, now it makes more sense to me.

Wade demands the ball a lot more in order to be successful. Whereas, LeBron doesn't need the ball in his hands in order to have an impact on the game. From that standpoint, I can see why you say Wade is overrated.

After '06, Wade had his shoulder injury, Shaq was injured as well, leading to the downfall of a potential back-to-back championship contender. As much as LeBron lead Cleveland to the playoffs and finals year after year, Wade did the same with far less to work with.

SuperCool and Wright weren't able to grow with Wade commanding the ball. Beasley had his chances but often times, he would fade to black and cower behind the shadow of Wade.
Point taken. Definitely agree both LeBron and Wade had horrible supporting casts in the years leading up to the "Big 3".

I feel like this is as close as we will get to agreeable terms so I'll choose to bow out now. Peace.

# 225 Nokstar @ 09/27/11 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny123123
kobe 94 smh
whats the problem? Kobe lost a few steps..lets be real. What he have..like 16 points in that deciding playoff game? Lets not forget statistically he was behind a nice handful of people..he is not number 1 anymore..i think that rating is fair. Based off last year i'd definately give bron and wade a higher rating whatever the numbers are.

# 226 DonWuan @ 09/27/11 04:36 PM
Does ratings really matter that much? Im pretty sure its been said before but as long as the player plays like himself why should it matter? The OP talked about Dirk and how he should be higher. In 2k11 Dirk played exactly how he plays in real life and so did majority of the players. Some of you guys are stuck on the numbers game.

Can anyone name me 1 player that didnt play like himself in 2k11?

# 227 Nokstar @ 09/27/11 04:41 PM
oh and to the guy that said bron is a mediocre jumpershooter..imma need you to go back and look at statistics for the past 3 seasons..he's above average...he hasnt been mediocre at shooting since a few years ago..the guy doesnt shoot as good as kobe or anything but he can shoot..he also shoots 3's at a better percentage than some big names now (kobe..wade..rose..durant)..numbers dont lie. Couple that with him being one of if not the best inside scorers on the move...elite passer..elite playmaker...6'8" 250 pounds and can run faster than 99% percent of the league basket to basket..stronger than most..jumps out the gym...i mean cmon man. He's above average in every category at his position except freethrow shooting...nuff said.

# 228 JWiLL02 @ 09/27/11 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanchard48moh
Jwill: I'm sure if DeRozan comes back with all those things he will immediately be rated much higher. But right now, he's an athlete who is putting together some very basic scoring skills. His off the charts athlteticism makes it easier for him to do those things despite having a limited skill set. If NBA 2k is legit in saying the difference in speed will be more pronounced this season, DRoz should have no problem playing like his real life self.
His scoring ability in the 2nd half of last season certainly wasn't "basic". If you split his 2 years into 4 half seasons, he's improved in every one, and going back to his freshman year at USC that would be 6 straight. I think his shoot off the dribble and shot in post ratings should be higher. I guess there's no rating for body control and ability to draw fouls, that's where he's elite.

It's not a big deal, he'll get his boost. It's just funny how the Raptors always get the short end not only in terms of ratings, but appearances as well, considering the size and rabidness of our fanbase. Bargnani had the same Count Chocula face for 4 years! I don't think there are too many Raptor fans up in the 2k offices (not that there should be ).

I wouldn't expect many outside of the Raptors fanbase to know this, but there was a point last season where DeMar just seemed to "get it". Much of it was a confidence thing, but it was awesome to watch. I'm sure most people know what I mean and have seen it with other players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkXdNCrTAjg&t=4m30s

# 229 cavsfan2 @ 09/27/11 04:47 PM
KG rated above kevin love and john wall? Is this a joke?

# 230 DonWuan @ 09/27/11 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khadeemw
if dirk has a 99 mid range im not playing this game at all...u hear me 2k freakin sports...im not playing this bloody game..99 mid range...no player should have a 99 anything unless its a 99 dunking for vince carter in his rookie year....i dont care to hear anyones explanation...99 is way too much a 90 would suffice...99=will lead to many things...here is a list:
american cheese
provolone cheese
sliced cheese
jamaican cheese
bleu cheese
swizz cheese
cheddar cheese
parmesan cheese

I would assume after reading some post that no ones played the demo or every mid range shot youve taken with Dirk has went in 99% of the time.

# 231 ffaacc03 @ 09/27/11 04:52 PM
Athleticism weights absolutely nothing into overalls ... that is why players such as Derozan, very athletic thus very unefficient, dont have high overalls.

# 232 RedSceptile @ 09/27/11 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan2
KG rated above kevin love and john wall? Is this a joke?
Defense versus lack of. Way to get big picture buddy!

# 233 JWiLL02 @ 09/27/11 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Athleticism weights absolutely nothing into overalls ... that is why players such as Derozan, very athletic thus very unefficient, dont have high overalls.
...what? Very "unefficient"?

Post All star numbers = 20 PPG on 47% FG and 88% FT.

# 234 blanchard48moh @ 09/27/11 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWiLL02
His scoring ability in the 2nd half of last season certainly wasn't "basic". If you split his 2 years into 4 half seasons, he's improved in every one, and going back to his freshman year at USC that would be 6 straight. I think his shoot off the dribble and shot in post ratings should be higher. I guess there's no rating for body control and ability to draw fouls, that's where he's elite.

It's not a big deal, he'll get his boost. It's just funny how the Raptors always get the short end not only in terms of ratings, but appearances as well, considering the size and rabidness of our fanbase. Bargnani had the same Count Chocula face for 4 years! I don't think there are too many Raptor fans up in the 2k offices (not that there should be ).

I wouldn't expect many outside of the Raptors fanbase to know this, but there was a point last season where DeMar just seemed to "get it". Much of it was a confidence thing, but it was awesome to watch. I'm sure most people know what I mean and have seen it with other players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkXdNCrTAjg&t=4m30s
Actually, I saw quite a bit of DeRozan and the Raps (Bargs isn't completely useless on defense, just absolutely terrible in help situations. He handles isos and postups okay). DeRozan did, in fact, seem to "get it". But it wasn't so much an improvement in skills as an understanding of what skills he has. He has a shaky dribble lacking in creativity but superior athleticism and size, so he went to work in the post a little more, cut more. His shooting range is suspect, but his upward trajectory that you mentioned is true. He's improving. He's unreliable as a defender. And on offense, so far, brings little else. He should improve, and 2k will account for it as it happens, but right now, this is an okay rating.

# 235 ffaacc03 @ 09/27/11 05:28 PM
Quote:
...what? Very "unefficient"?

Post All star numbers = 20 PPG on 47% FG and 88% FT.

He was the 39th SG in terms of true shooting % (53) albeit been the 20th with highest usage rate (23) and the 10th in mins per game (34). His efficiency really relied on his low turnover %.

In fact, when one compares this season with his previous season, major defficiencies become more clear as he struggled to keep up with his increased responsabilities on Offense. He increased his paying time in more than 60% and yet, he was far less efficient on offense and on rebounding too than the prior year. Some may argue that his stats were padded by playing on such a bad team, that got even worse after midseason as many injuries took a noticeable poll.

Based solely on last season, Demarr isnt near the level of most seem to believe ... granted, he is a freak athlete and is a really young player which translates on a great potential window of improvement ... but, as of last season, he is nowhere near beeing a borderline all star.

Then again, I am not justifying 2ks rating as I have yet to see the individual attributes assigned to him, what I am stating tho, is that physical attributes dont weight on their overall formulas and that is the greatest drawback (albeit any wrong individual attribute) for him not having a higher overall. To me, he will be a good player, even better, once he can get more consistency and efficiency as he gets plenty of playing time and usage.

# 236 GSWarriors9 @ 09/27/11 05:34 PM
Wow, every single player on Golden State went down atleast 2 or 3 points, no love smh. Its ok though as long as they still play like Monta Ellis, Stephen Curry, Dorell Wright and David Lee ect I'll be good. It the attributes that count the most. Overall ratings dont mean much anyway, there mainly for show.

# 237 JWiLL02 @ 09/27/11 05:35 PM
As someone who watched all 82 Raptor's games last year, I can tell you DeMar was held back more by coaching than his own abilities. Triano refused to run the ball through him, we'll see more this season.

His lack of handles is completely overblown, he doesn't force the issue and is an under rated passer. It's okay though, he'll get his boost.

He's aware of the situation!

http://www.facebook.com/DeMarDeRozan...50323596789722

# 238 blanchard48moh @ 09/27/11 05:43 PM
Quote:
As someone who watched all 82 Raptor's games last year, I can tell you DeMar was held back more by coaching than his own abilities. Triano refused to run the ball through him, we'll see more this season.

His lack of handles is completely overblown, he doesn't force the issue and is an under rated passer. It's okay though, he'll get his boost.

I hope you're right.

# 239 krist042 @ 09/27/11 05:44 PM
Gordon Hayward 63? He isn't a superstar by any means but come on

# 240 UnbelievablyRAW @ 09/27/11 05:44 PM
Quote:

I too sat through all the pummelings, but there were flashes of great potential for Demar. Especially those two games vs the Nets in London.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.