Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Here are some of the notables.

Rose - 92
Stephen Jackson - 83
Noah - 82
KG - 83
Pierce - 82
R. Allen - 80
B. Griffin - 85
R. Gay - 86
Z. Randolph - 83
Joe Johnson - 84
J. Smith - 84
Horford - 80
Wade - 96
Bron - 98
Bosh - 80
C. Paul 93
Millsap - 80
A. Jefferson - 81
T. Evans 80
Melo - 91
Amare - 88
Billups - 79
Kobe - 94
Gasol -86
D. Howard - 93
Dirk - 85
Butler - 81
D. Williams 90
W. Chandler - 80
Granger - 81
Prince - 77
RIP - 76
Barbosa - 71
K. Martin - 79
K. Lowry - 76
Scola - 77
T. Parker - 80
Manu - 85
Duncan - 84
Nash - 84
G. Hill - 80
A. Brooks - 75
Westbrook - 88
Durant - 92
Beasley - 78
K. Love - 81
Felton - 75
G. Wallace - 83
L. Aldridge - 83
B. Roy - 78
S. Curry - 80
Ellis - 83
D. Lee - 79
John Wall - 82

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 blanchard48moh @ 09/27/11 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjj1010
so let me get this straight. Grant Hill is better than B roy? and Durant only a 92. Am I missing something?
Grant Hill has two knees that work.

# 182 blanchard48moh @ 09/27/11 02:44 PM
Quote:
so kevin martin is better too? I understand maybe because he was hurt, but why then would you rate hurt players like caron butler and rudy gay so high? they didnt even play?
The two guys you mentioned have correctable injuries. Brandon Roy doesn't have knees for all intents and purpose. The other guys will heal. Roy's is a chronic and permanent condition, whereby he will once in a blue moon show glimpses of his former self and otherwise be a complete and total shell of the great player he could've been.

# 183 ccjj1010 @ 09/27/11 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanchard48moh
Grant Hill has two knees that work.
What's Caron Butlers excuse then for his deserving rating?

# 184 blanchard48moh @ 09/27/11 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKongBundy
I understand LeBron being the highest rated player in 2K12, but can someone explain to me how the heck they gave him a 98 rating?

-average FT shooter
-mediocre jumpshooter
-poor in clutch situations (defers/disappears in 4th quarters)
-no post-up game

Look I'm not "hating" on the guy, I just don't understand 2K's logic behind rating him so insanely high (-1 less than Michael Jordan).

A 94 rating would have been more appropriate (still being the highest in the game while other players ratings also decreasing a bit as well).
Because LeBron James is the best overall player in the game. I'm not a fan. Just an objective observer. The guy is the best overall athlete in the NBA. Maybe in the entire world. He runs like a point guard, is built like a power forward. Those athletic ratings boost your overall numbers high. And they're supported by a point guard quality handle and passing ability. Average to slightly above average shooting. And he is perhaps the best defensive player in the game not named Dwight Howard. He shutdown Rose and destroyed the Bulls and Celtics. You cannot devalue him too much because he performed poorly in the Finals when everything leading up to that point suggested otherwise.

# 185 RedSceptile @ 09/27/11 02:50 PM
Quote:
After 95'. Jordan shot nothing but midrange? I got nothing against Dirk either love Dirk.

I just facepalmed so badly I might have fractured my skull and given myself a concussion. All Jordan did was shoot mid range after 95? Really man. REALLY? He didn't attack the rim at the same clip as his younger athletic days but he DEFINITELY was going at it. Or he just averaged those foul shots on all jumpshots. Some people I swear smh.

# 186 SouthBeach @ 09/27/11 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piccolomair
lol, maybe you could take some of those quarters and give it to lebron while your living next door to him, cuz u know lebron, he never seems to have that 4th quarter
That was a good one, haha.

I remember a long time ago I said "That was a good one, haha" when I heard that joke the first time.

# 187 blanchard48moh @ 09/27/11 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Check out these stats.

Another reason I feel LeBron made a bad decision. He's obviously the type to defer when there's someone to defer to. And there's something to be said about a super star joining another superstar, both at the height of their careers. But when he's the clear leader on a team, he's as good as any in clutch situations. No one has hit more game winners in recent times. And he's hit more, at a better clip than Dirk. (I remember when folks were questioning Dirk's clutch abilities not too long ago)

LeBron is a ridiculous athlete. Maybe the best the NBA has ever seen. I believe that until he wins several rings, we will all expect more from him. And he may even have to do it without a Wade on his team to get full respect from some. And if he doesn't win 5-6, some will still be saying, "See? Told you he was no Jordan/Kobe".

Bron should've just come to the Knicks.
And actually, LeBron has a very effective post up game. One of the most efficient in the entire league according to Synergy Sports, which tracks such things. He simpley, for one reason or another, doesn't use it as much as he should.

# 188 ccjj1010 @ 09/27/11 02:52 PM
Quote:
The two guys you mentioned have correctable injuries. Brandon Roy doesn't have knees for all intents and purpose. The other guys will heal. Roy's is a chronic and permanent condition, whereby he will once in a blue moon show glimpses of his former self and otherwise be a complete and total shell of the great player he could've been.
Oh so you are on the training staff for the Blazers?

# 189 ccjj1010 @ 09/27/11 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSceptile

I just facepalmed so badly I might have fractured my skull and given myself a concussion. All Jordan did was shoot mid range after 95? Really man. REALLY? He didn't attack the rim at the same clip as his younger athletic days but he DEFINITELY was going at it. Or he just averaged those foul shots on all jumpshots. Some people I swear smh.
Dirk goes to the line too? So what did that prove? Do you play ball?

# 190 blanchard48moh @ 09/27/11 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfinest773
WTF cp3 a higher than dirk,rose, and durant
CP# is the best point guard in the NBA. He has a more diverse game than any of them. So it's only natural he has a higher overall rating. If you were rating a player on being a 6-10 shooting monster, then Durant would win. Or on a point guard's ability to score consistently at a high rate, Rose would win. Overall rating means overall game. Paul wins.

# 191 blanchard48moh @ 09/27/11 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redmondj1992
he should be a 85-89 because hes a pure score can play both 3 and 4 has a shot and can defend sometimes...he will be one of the top players in the league if the lockout ends....
Are you David Kahn?! PPG do not a good player make.

# 192 MikeBadge @ 09/27/11 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
Point proven.

Most people that don't like Miami will say outlandish things out of their disdain for the Heat. I can see someone saying LeBron is overrated (not that I agree), but Wade?

Playoffs
Wade - 24.5ppg at FG 49%
Bron - 23.7ppg at FG 47%
Dirk - 27.7ppg at FG 49%
Kobe - 22.8ppg at FG 45%

So Wade averaging about 3 less points than Dirk equates to him being overrated and having an atrocious playoff performance?

If that's the case, I'll sell my unicorn when the season starts on time.
Just because I do not like the Miami Heat doesn't mean I cannot have a honest view of the team.

I agree LeBron is much more overrated than Wade. Wade is the best shooting guard in basketball right now and I never said he was not better than Dirk (don't understand why you brought up that comparison). However when you look at Wade's whole body of work he has a tendency to struggle against good defenses and is inconsistent for stretches in his careers. Great player but still slightly overrated.

Also I did not say Wade had an atrocious playoffs. I said Miami as a team was atrocious offensively throughout the playoffs. They scored over 100 points three times throughout the playoffs and one of those was an overtime game. They were survived by great defensive and equally horrible offense throughout the eastern conference. That is why they fell when they finally saw a legitimate offensive opponent.

# 193 blanchard48moh @ 09/27/11 03:02 PM
Quote:
What's Caron Butlers excuse then for his deserving rating?
Butler's knee injury was surgically repaired and has healed. Roy's knees have no cartilage. I hate it as much as you do, but 'dem the facts.

# 194 RedSceptile @ 09/27/11 03:03 PM
Quote:
Dirk goes to the line too? So what did that prove? Do you play ball?
You said Jordan only shot jumpers after 95' which is beyond incorrect. Jordan still attacked the rim at a higher rate than Dirk did. Now his last 2 years (when he was on the Wizards) he was now completely oriented.

I love Jordan as much as the next guy but now you're romanticizing his game, primarily his mid-range game.

# 195 Ken North @ 09/27/11 03:05 PM
Quote:
Are you David Kahn?! PPG do not a good player make.
Really? Since when?

It may not make a complete player, but being one of the best scorers in the league certainly goes a long way to make you a good player.

# 196 blanchard48moh @ 09/27/11 03:05 PM
Quote:
Oh so you are on the training staff for the Blazers?
Nope. Just someone bored with an NBA press credential and too much time on his hands. The "Roy's knees won't heal" thing is not a big secret. Everyone knows it. Short of some stunning new procedure that regrows knees, he's done as a great to good player. It sucks. I am a huge Roy fan. 2k is right not to bank their ratings on experimental medical procedures that are not very likely to work. I hope, however, he proves you right. But I just don't see it happening.

# 197 MikeBadge @ 09/27/11 03:08 PM
To the Jordan/Nowitzki bit:

Nowitzki is one of the greatest overall shooters of all time and a better overall shooter than Jordan. Jordan was the better shooter off the dribble but considering the other aspects of mid range jump shooting (face up, post up) Dirk was just as good and probably a little better than Jordan.

They are both two of the greatest mid range jump shooters of all time but Dirk probably gets a slight edge in the mid range shooting department and definitely gets the edge as an overall shooter.

# 198 blanchard48moh @ 09/27/11 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken North
Really? Since when?

It may not make a complete player, but being one of the best scorers in the league certainly goes a long way to make you a good player.
I wasn't aware that averaging 19 ppg on one of the fastest paced teams in the NBA on middling efficiency while offering practically nothing else to the table makes you a good player. He's OKAY. He does what he does. But if he's your featured scorer, or even a starter, there's a good chance you're probably being run by David Kahn or are the Minnesota Timberwolves.

# 199 Bandana P @ 09/27/11 03:12 PM
Not to get off topic from you guys and all that....but umm.. no Metta World Peace? I am saddened

# 200 blanchard48moh @ 09/27/11 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBadge
To the Jordan/Nowitzki bit:

Nowitzki is one of the greatest overall shooters of all time and a better overall shooter than Jordan. Jordan was the better shooter off the dribble but considering the other aspects of mid range jump shooting (face up, post up) Dirk was just as good and probably a little better than Jordan.

They are both two of the greatest mid range jump shooters of all time but Dirk probably gets a slight edge in the mid range shooting department and definitely gets the edge as an overall shooter.
Dirk is every bit Jordan's equal in terms of midrange shooting. His superior on three-pointers. And approaches him, though not quite there, in terms of overall midpost game. Outside of that, he's an average rebounder and defender with definite athletic shortcomings. Dirk has to have a Jordan-like midrange game to be such an impactful player because the rest of his game falls short. But those one or two elite skills? Combined with his height and uniqueness? Those make for a scary offensive player.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.