Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Here are some of the notables.

Rose - 92
Stephen Jackson - 83
Noah - 82
KG - 83
Pierce - 82
R. Allen - 80
B. Griffin - 85
R. Gay - 86
Z. Randolph - 83
Joe Johnson - 84
J. Smith - 84
Horford - 80
Wade - 96
Bron - 98
Bosh - 80
C. Paul 93
Millsap - 80
A. Jefferson - 81
T. Evans 80
Melo - 91
Amare - 88
Billups - 79
Kobe - 94
Gasol -86
D. Howard - 93
Dirk - 85
Butler - 81
D. Williams 90
W. Chandler - 80
Granger - 81
Prince - 77
RIP - 76
Barbosa - 71
K. Martin - 79
K. Lowry - 76
Scola - 77
T. Parker - 80
Manu - 85
Duncan - 84
Nash - 84
G. Hill - 80
A. Brooks - 75
Westbrook - 88
Durant - 92
Beasley - 78
K. Love - 81
Felton - 75
G. Wallace - 83
L. Aldridge - 83
B. Roy - 78
S. Curry - 80
Ellis - 83
D. Lee - 79
John Wall - 82

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 blanchard48moh @ 09/27/11 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zastrin
can someone explain to me why Kris Humphries is only 70 overall?
Can you explain to me why he should be rated higher?

# 202 blanchard48moh @ 09/27/11 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melo7NYKtru
no not really. Up there, yes but he isn't even close to be as clutch as Melo and aint close to offense as Melo. He wins Melo in defense tho, but thats pretty much it.

And why is Toney Douglas only 69? 2k insider is wack
Carmelo Anthony is a high volume scorer and above average rebounder that produces a great PPG line at middling to above average efficiency. He also brings NOTHING else to the table. To paraphrase the Facebook movie, if Melo was the best scorer in the league, he'd be the best scorer in the league. He has an average jumper and a great post up game. But Rose does more, and Durant is a better, more efficient scorer. What makes Melo unique? Well, he does a better job of creating shots because of his unique size/athleticism combination.

And where should Tony Douglas be rated?

# 203 Hyperballer21 @ 09/27/11 03:25 PM
Overall means exactly what is says = OVERALL ability as a basketball player. It is based on one's position, not a comparison to EVERYONE in the league.

With that being said, based on 2k's scale, LeBron is not overrated. Allow me, unbiased, to explain why:
- 26ppg, 7rpg, 7apg = all-around offensive game
- all his shooting abilities are within the 70-95 range (based on distance from basket)
-2k will give him at least a 70-75 post offense rating so he can draw double teams in the post. Not to score, but to show is play-making skills.
- at 6'8 250lbs, his strength and shot in traffic are probably high
- he plays SF, which is the most diverse position in basketball. This will always give a player a boost
-athleticism gives player about a 3 to 5 point boost (go to 2k11 and give Larry Bird Lebron's athleticism and see what i mean)
- has a REPUTATION for making his teammates better and containing the opposition's best offensive perimeter player = high O-Awareness, D-Awareness, and ON ball Def
-CLUTCH DOES NOT affect overall AT ALL.

As for Dirk, his rating is "low" because lets face it, he is a SF in a PF's body. Change his first position to SF and his overall rating will increase. Its that simple.

# 204 SouthBeach @ 09/27/11 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBadge
Just because I do not like the Miami Heat doesn't mean I cannot have a honest view of the team.

I agree LeBron is much more overrated than Wade. Wade is the best shooting guard in basketball right now and I never said he was not better than Dirk (don't understand why you brought up that comparison). However when you look at Wade's whole body of work he has a tendency to struggle against good defenses and is inconsistent for stretches in his careers. Great player but still slightly overrated.

Also I did not say Wade had an atrocious playoffs. I said Miami as a team was atrocious offensively throughout the playoffs. They scored over 100 points three times throughout the playoffs and one of those was an overtime game. They were survived by great defensive and equally horrible offense throughout the eastern conference. That is why they fell when they finally saw a legitimate offensive opponent.
"Doesn't take away from the fact that LeBron and Wade are overrated and their offense was atrocious throughout the playoffs."

This is what you said.

LeBron and Wade were the discussion points, so bringing up the Heat as a whole is only proving to me further that your opinion of Miami is somewhat skewed.

I brought Dirk into it because you said "...and their [Wade and LeBron] offense was atrocious throughout the playoffs". By the numbers, Wade shot the same percentage as Dirk while having to share the ball with LeBron and averaged 3 fewer points than Dirk. So, that's why Dirk's postseason numbers were being compared to Wade's. I mean, since you viewed LeBron and Wade's offense as atrocious.

But with Wade being the best 2-guard in the league as of now, you still think he's overrated? Is that overrated in the sense of the game or in real life? (Maybe that's where this confusion is coming from)

# 205 blanchard48moh @ 09/27/11 03:31 PM
Quote:
Kris Humphries was nominated as MIP (MOST IMPROVED PLAYER) but lost the voting to Kevin Love. If Kris Humphries won MIP, I do not think he would be 70 overall. He can dunk, block, and rebound, and is very strong.
He was nominated for MIP, but then last year Aaron Brooks won the award. I wouldn't say that should have boosted Brooks ratings. Sometimes it's about opportunity more than improvement.

Yes, Humphries can dunk. And he shot the ball at a nice clip. But how many of those dunks did he create for himself? He blocked a shot a night in his near 30 minutes of playing time. But a shot a night isn't a dominant shot blocker. And did you watch his overall defense? Or the Nets for that matter? He raised his shooting percentages by taking less awful shots, not by improving a specific skill set. He's a nice player. But he's probably best suited as the third big man on a playoff team. And a 70 rating for a third big man is not a bad rating at all.

# 206 blanchard48moh @ 09/27/11 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
"Doesn't take away from the fact that LeBron and Wade are overrated and their offense was atrocious throughout the playoffs."

This is what you said.

LeBron and Wade were the discussion points, so bringing up the Heat as a whole is only proving to me further that your opinion of Miami is somewhat skewed.

I brought Dirk into it because you said "...and their [Wade and LeBron] offense was atrocious throughout the playoffs". By the numbers, Wade shot the same percentage as Dirk while having to share the ball with LeBron and averaged 3 fewer points than Dirk. So, that's why Dirk's postseason numbers were being compared to Wade's. I mean, since you viewed LeBron and Wade's offense as atrocious.

But with Wade being the best 2-guard in the league as of now, you still think he's overrated? Is that overrated in the sense of the game or in real life? (Maybe that's where this confusion is coming from)
Pace factors heavily into judging a team's offense. Go check the Heat's point per possession instead of how many times they scored more than 100 points.

# 207 JWiLL02 @ 09/27/11 03:37 PM
@ DeRozan being rated below 70. Hopefully the season starts at a decent time so he'll get a proper ratings boost when he's averaging 23 ppg with improved handles, a 3 ball and one of the most consistent mid range games in the league (again).

# 208 jeebs9 @ 09/27/11 03:40 PM
I can totally see the guys in the 2k Offices just rolling on the laughing at this thread.

# 209 jeebs9 @ 09/27/11 03:42 PM
Quote:
I want a good explanation as to why Chris Paul is rated higher than Deron Williams? D-Will can do whatever CP3 can do, but is a lot stronger.
I think it has to with that CP3 gets more steals and probably has a higher defensive awareness.

# 210 blanchard48moh @ 09/27/11 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
The Grizzles is my favorite team and I don't agree with you. Randolph defense isn't so great and he doesn't have ball handles. This is the reason why so many ppl are fighting about the ratings because they don't understand the attributes in the game, and on top of that they are comparing PG to PF. People need to compare PG to PG and SF to SF.
Randolph has two elite skills: post scoring--perhaps the best post scorer in the NBA right now--and rebounding. Every other aspect of his game is average to a little above average, except his athletic ability, which drops below.

To compare him to say a Tim Duncan. Duncan is perhaps more well rounded. But right now, Randolph is a far superior scorer. Those things even out and you get their overall ratings being somewhat similar. But Randolph will probably be a much bigger beast in the post than Duncan. As it should be.

# 211 blanchard48moh @ 09/27/11 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWiLL02
@ DeRozan being rated below 70. Hopefully the season starts at a decent time so he'll get a proper ratings boost when he's averaging 23 ppg with improved handles, a 3 ball and one of the most consistent mid range games in the league (again).
Jwill: I'm sure if DeRozan comes back with all those things he will immediately be rated much higher. But right now, he's an athlete who is putting together some very basic scoring skills. His off the charts athlteticism makes it easier for him to do those things despite having a limited skill set. If NBA 2k is legit in saying the difference in speed will be more pronounced this season, DRoz should have no problem playing like his real life self.

# 212 SouthBeach @ 09/27/11 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanchard48moh
Pace factors heavily into judging a team's offense. Go check the Heat's point per possession instead of how many times they scored more than 100 points.
Yes, that's understood.

But those were not the points I was talking about.

I wasn't even talking about the Heat as a whole. I was discussing ratings but he doesn't like Miami so that became the topic, haha.

# 213 MikeBadge @ 09/27/11 03:48 PM
Quote:

This is what you said.

A little bit of miscommunication (my fault). I wast trying to say just because I dislike the Miami Heat doesn't mean I am wrong to believe LeBron and Wade are overrated and that the Miami Heat team was atrocious offensively in the playoffs.

To the Wade point yes I believe Wade can still be the top shooting guard in the league and be somewhat overrated (both his game rating and the actual view of the player).

I believe he is overrated in the game for a few reasons: horrible three point shooter, only an above average mid range shooter, and not the great defender he is usually made out to be. I would assume 2K gave him ratings better than what he deserved in those categories and the 96 rating itself is too high when compared to the other legends.

As far as how he is viewed in "real life" I believe he is overrated for the reasons I stated earlier: he struggles against good defenses and has had inconsistent stretches throughout his career. The greatness his numbers portray (at least before the LeBron era) were greatly affected by the fact he had the ball in his hands all the time which would be fine if he were delivering results. However after '06 his teams had little success and players such as Michael Beasley and Dorrel Wright became much better players once they got out of Miami and away from Wade.

# 214 blanchard48moh @ 09/27/11 03:50 PM
Quote:
I want a good explanation as to why Chris Paul is rated higher than Deron Williams? D-Will can do whatever CP3 can do, but is a lot stronger.
Chris Paul is just a better point guard. Which is no slight to Williams, because Williams is amazing. But Paul handles the pick and roll better, is quicker, and a better passer. But really, once you get to the level of Williams or Paul, you're really just nitpicking things.

# 215 blanchard48moh @ 09/27/11 03:51 PM
Quote:
Yes, that's understood.

But those were not the points I was talking about.

I wasn't even talking about the Heat as a whole. I was discussing ratings but he doesn't like Miami so that became the topic, haha.
my bad, I thought replying to your comment would also post his comment as well. The pace things sort of breaks down the other person's argument. Which is weak. You can bash the Heat all you want, but the fact remains they were in the NBA Finals in their first year together. How long did it take the Mavs?

# 216 blanchard48moh @ 09/27/11 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow86
Rockets got shafted: Kevin Martin 79, really, does the 2k team even watch the NBA last year outside of ESPN, TNT / ABC ?? The rockets didn't play on national TV so maybe that's why.

Also Scola a 77, really ? The guy tore up the latest tournament and was still very good. Just because his D is not that good and he's not athletic doesn't mean he should be rated this low.

Lowry a 76 is the most mind boggling thing ever. The guy outdid himself and is going to be a great player. His outside shooting improved heavily, which you don't see that often after a few seasons, but still C+ here.
Kevin Martin is even more one-dimensional than Dirk, and Dirk does that dimension better.

Scola might be a little lower. But his ratings are that high based almost exclusively on skill level. His athletic ability and overall defense drop him below All-Star status.

Lowry has a one year sample as a great shooter. And he's a personal favorite. This might be your best case, but then, a guy like Tony Parker is an 80 and he's a much better point guard.

# 217 ronyell @ 09/27/11 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I think it has to with that CP3 gets more steals and probably has a higher defensive awareness.

Quote:
Chris Paul is just a better point guard. Which is no slight to Williams, because Williams is amazing. But Paul handles the pick and roll better, is quicker, and a better passer. But really, once you get to the level of Williams or Paul, you're really just nitpicking things.

2k weights steal rating very heavy in the PG & SG positions so that is very much so, one of the reasons that his overall is higher. i don't like how much steals are weighted in the overall of these positions but they do & CP3 is always in the top of the league in that department.

get out your 2k11 & lower Rondo to the minimum in steals only & watch how much his overall takes a hit...

CONVERSELY... can we PLEASE get a mod to get this thread in order... is this what OS has become? i come here to be informed... not argue SUBJECTIVE points for PAGES & PAGES without reading up on other points & information

# 218 MikeBadge @ 09/27/11 04:08 PM
Quote:
my bad, I thought replying to your comment would also post his comment as well. The pace things sort of breaks down the other person's argument. Which is weak. You can bash the Heat all you want, but the fact remains they were in the NBA Finals in their first year together. How long did it take the Mavs?
They shot under 45% percent as a team in the playoffs. That was significantly lower than their regular season numbers and would have put them in the bottom 3rd of the league.

Not taking away from their success, they were the Eastern Conference Champs and the best team in the East last year. But again they were survived by superb defense and the fact the rest of the east was as bad as them offensively.

# 219 ammofan @ 09/27/11 04:09 PM
Gerald Henderson should be higher.

# 220 SouthBeach @ 09/27/11 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBadge
A little bit of miscommunication (my fault). I wast trying to say just because I dislike the Miami Heat doesn't mean I am wrong to believe LeBron and Wade are overrated and that the Miami Heat team was atrocious in the playoffs.

To the Wade point yes I believe Wade can still be the top shooting guard in the league and be somewhat overrated (both his game rating and the actual view of the player).

I believe he is overrated in the game for a few reasons: horrible three point shooter, only an above average mid range shooter, and not the great defender he is usually made out to be. I would assume 2K gave him ratings better than what he deserved in those categories and the 96 rating itself is too high when compared to the other legends.

As far as how he is viewed in "real life" I believe he is overrated for the reasons I stated earlier: he struggles against good defenses and has had inconsistent stretches throughout his career. The greatness his numbers portray (at least before the LeBron era) were greatly affected by the fact he had the ball in his hands all the time which would be fine if he were delivering results. However after '06 his teams had little success and players such as Michael Beasley and Dorrel Wright became much better players once they got out of Miami and away from Wade.
Haha, okay. Well, now it makes more sense to me.

Wade demands the ball a lot more in order to be successful. Whereas, LeBron doesn't need the ball in his hands in order to have an impact on the game. From that standpoint, I can see why you say Wade is overrated.

After '06, Wade had his shoulder injury, Shaq was injured as well, leading to the downfall of a potential back-to-back championship contender. As much as LeBron lead Cleveland to the playoffs and finals year after year, Wade did the same with far less to work with.

SuperCool and Wright weren't able to grow with Wade commanding the ball. Beasley had his chances but often times, he would fade to black and cower behind the shadow of Wade.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.