Home
WWE '12 News Post

Now that WWE 12 is available to everyone, we are starting over, with a fresh impressions slate for the OS community.

As we like to keep the clutter down, please post your impressions only. If you have a question, please post in our WWE 12 Q&A thread.

If you would like to read impressions from some of the lucky OS'ers that received the game much earlier, click here.

Renowned WWE Simulation Franchise Returns to Action, Delivering Core Gameplay Improvements, Most Extensive Feature Set to Date and Instinctive Presentation

AGOURA HILLS, Calif. - November 22, 2011 - THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) today announced that WWE® ’12, the long-awaited rebirth of the renowned WWE flagship videogame franchise, is now available at North American retailers for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Wii™ system from Nintendo. Featuring a bigger game, badder presentation and better simulation-based gameplay, including critical core gameplay improvements, the most creative and extensive feature set to date and a visceral, edgy and polished presentation, WWE ’12 is available now for the suggested retailed prices of US $59.99 (Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system) and US $49.99 (Wii).

“WWE ’12 delivers an incredible experience for fans this year through significant gameplay improvements, a robust, diverse feature set and the most polished presentation to date in the franchise,” said Danny Bilson, Executive Vice President, Core Games, THQ. “Now is the time to get in the virtual ring and experience WWE action like never before.”

Game: WWE '12Hype Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
WWE '12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 DTX3 @ 11/24/11 01:17 AM
Anyone elses game freezing up trying to download something off the creations list?

# 42 Cubfan @ 11/24/11 02:17 AM
It feels like a wrestling match moves flow in to each other.

Diffrent control system i like it more then the analog control from the last couple of years.

Road to WM starts out pretty well. It looks and sounds like WWE tv.

Dislikes:
Commentary still blows chunks. I can name one sports game that has good commentary and all the other sports games and WWE 12 needed a new comentary system yesterday.

The new kick out system sucks! I hate it and want an alt option for kick outs.

Multi-man matches are giving the AI issues. Im playing a 6 man tag in Sheamus Road to WM and the AI oponents dont do much. The computer will set my character in the tree of woe and they will just stand their and not attack me.

7/10

# 43 dochalladay32 @ 11/24/11 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan
It feels like a wrestling match moves flow in to each other.

Diffrent control system i like it more then the analog control from the last couple of years.

Road to WM starts out pretty well. It looks and sounds like WWE tv.

Dislikes:
Commentary still blows chunks. I can name one sports game that has good commentary and all the other sports games and WWE 12 needed a new comentary system yesterday.

The new kick out system sucks! I hate it and want an alt option for kick outs.

Multi-man matches are giving the AI issues. Im playing a 6 man tag in Sheamus Road to WM and the AI oponents dont do much. The computer will set my character in the tree of woe and they will just stand their and not attack me.

7/10
Must be random because I've been put in that position twice and had the crap kicked out of me.

# 44 Jukeman @ 11/24/11 04:00 PM
Yea they really need to do something with matches involving more than 2 wrestlers.

1. Its hectic (camera angles dont help)

2. Crowded

3. The AI become confused.

I think one thing can help fix this is to make the AI want to fight outside a little bit more.

Sent from my HumancentiPad using Tapatalk

# 45 BSanders @ 11/24/11 04:30 PM
The thing that is bothering me is not being able to set the whole card and letting the show begin without having to exit to change the next match.

# 46 Fiddy @ 11/24/11 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSanders
The thing that is bothering me is not being able to set the whole card and letting the show begin without having to exit to change the next match.
makes ya wonder, like, did that even come up at the meetings they had on this? if it didnt, then what the heck.. lol

# 47 FlyRice @ 11/24/11 06:40 PM
Beware of online triple threat matches. I just got trolled by two dudes in pink bikinis. Once I figured they were going to 2vs1 the whole match I just quit. Then I got sent a message that I was owned by FWO

# 48 Jukeman @ 11/24/11 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRice
Beware of online triple threat matches. I just got trolled by two dudes in pink bikinis. Once I figured they were going to 2vs1 the whole match I just quit. Then I got sent a message that I was owned by FWO

Sent from my HumancentiPad using Tapatalk

# 49 ManiacMatt1782 @ 11/24/11 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRice
*** WORLD ORDER? That must have been unpleasant.

# 50 pmurray20 @ 11/25/11 08:44 PM
THE ROCK vs del rio i punched him once and he said nope and walked up the ramp and quit haha and i won by count out 30 seconds in. that was awesome!!!!!

# 51 RoyalBoyle78 @ 11/25/11 10:57 PM
gamelfy'ed this game, finally came today and is going back tomorrow, one word, BORING, even Terrible...That's all I have to say.

# 52 BDKiiing @ 11/25/11 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
gamelfy'ed this game, finally came today and is going back tomorrow, one word, BORING, even Terrible...That's all I have to say.

# 53 Bellsprout @ 11/26/11 12:32 AM
Quote:
I bet in like a week you reconsider.

And then a week after that, you re-reconsider.

And then the very next week, you re-re-reconsider.

And so on, until the end of time.

# 54 triangleoffense @ 11/26/11 05:40 AM
I haven't played any WWE since SDvsRAW06/07 on the PS2... I just stuck with Day of Reckoning 2(gamecube) and Fire Pro W Returns(ps2).. After seeing advertisements and gameplay/interviews- I was gettin interested in WWE 12, lol.. The first time I played I was so amazed, maybe because I havent played a wrestling game on the 360 before. The gameplay feels smooth and doesnt feel like the ps2 games.. I'm havin so much fun I feel like a kid again playin Royal Rumble on the snes,haha

now I just gotta unlock HBK for 80 msp... I dont feel like spending 19.99 on a 1600 card just for 1 maybe 3 wrestlers though.. but anyways, the gameplay is FUN

# 55 BlueNGold @ 11/26/11 09:55 AM
Thinking I might trade in MW3 for this. Decisions, decisions....

# 56 Sundropjunkie @ 11/26/11 10:00 AM
I traded in BF3 and rage for WWE12

# 57 tcrews @ 11/26/11 11:49 AM
After I've spent a few days with it, I'm still just as enamored with it as I was on day 1. Here's the kicker, and it's a fairly big kicker. I've only done the following match types, singles, tag (1x), cage (2x), all out brawl (1x). That's literally it so far. The reason? I'm just getting used to the game, enjoying the gameplay itself, and not wanting to do too many gimmicky matches right off the bat, I'd like to build to that. Ultimately, I've done 1 tag 2 cage and one brawl, the rest (probably numbering around 50 or 60 matches) have been singles matches.

Now, why is any of that relevant? Because for the last 6 years, excluding last year (when I smartened up and got gamefly), I would be like a kid on Christmas, reading the previews, couldn't sleep the night before, gamestop was never open early enough, etc. I'd play the game, be sooooo excited about how great it was. And then the inevitable happened. I'd master the game in a day, and never lose a match on any difficulty after that, unless it was a gimmick match and the CPU pinned or submitted another CPU. Last years was the worst for me, I really enjoyed it a lot right off the bat, then bought online and fan axxess, and almost clicked the "keep" button via gamefly. Played it a few more times the next day, once the day after that, forgot about it, sent it in a week later.

This game on the other hand? I'm still on hard, still losing around 30% of my singles matches, which is only going to go up when I have more than 1 opponent in there, or different match types.

Now, the point of all this? As far as trading in this or that, or should I get it? From someone that still plays and spends time modding No Mercy because they're that disenfranchised with the current crop of wrestling games. I absolutely say if you love wrestling, truly love wrestling, and have been disappointed by the last few iterations of the SvR series. I can absolutely say it's worth a buy, at the very least, rent it. If you're hesitant to purchase it, try and pin down a used copy at Gamestop so you can buy it and use the 7 day satisfaction guarantee return policy to your advantage, and thus take no risk.

Ultimately, this game is far and away the best wrestling game I've played since No Mercy and FPW2. Not to mention it's also a challenge, which is huge for me. It's not perfect, but it's absolutely worth playing for anyone that loves wrestling/wrestling games.

# 58 Fiddy @ 11/26/11 12:22 PM
Quote:
not even close to being boring.. but to each their own!! i find NHL 12 more boring than this. they at least made changes etc in WWE 12, NHL 12 didnt change anything gameplay wise in 5 years.

# 59 jvalverde88 @ 11/26/11 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Do it, do it now!

# 60 RoyalBoyle78 @ 11/26/11 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Wow, I would never.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.