Home
WWE '12 News Post

Now that WWE 12 is available to everyone, we are starting over, with a fresh impressions slate for the OS community.

As we like to keep the clutter down, please post your impressions only. If you have a question, please post in our WWE 12 Q&A thread.

If you would like to read impressions from some of the lucky OS'ers that received the game much earlier, click here.

Renowned WWE Simulation Franchise Returns to Action, Delivering Core Gameplay Improvements, Most Extensive Feature Set to Date and Instinctive Presentation

AGOURA HILLS, Calif. - November 22, 2011 - THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) today announced that WWE® ’12, the long-awaited rebirth of the renowned WWE flagship videogame franchise, is now available at North American retailers for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Wii™ system from Nintendo. Featuring a bigger game, badder presentation and better simulation-based gameplay, including critical core gameplay improvements, the most creative and extensive feature set to date and a visceral, edgy and polished presentation, WWE ’12 is available now for the suggested retailed prices of US $59.99 (Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system) and US $49.99 (Wii).

“WWE ’12 delivers an incredible experience for fans this year through significant gameplay improvements, a robust, diverse feature set and the most polished presentation to date in the franchise,” said Danny Bilson, Executive Vice President, Core Games, THQ. “Now is the time to get in the virtual ring and experience WWE action like never before.”

Game: WWE '12Hype Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
WWE '12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Jukeman @ 11/28/11 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
Anyone else having an issue with created wrestlers with custom music where, after you win with one and match highlights play, the music cuts off? Any known workarounds if so?
Yup turn post match replays off and everything will be find, it will even loop.

Sent from my HumancentiPad using Tapatalk

# 82 RnRexpress3423 @ 11/28/11 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
I really enjoy this game but the server issues are annoying. All I want to do is download CAWs so I can start my Universe.
I am enjoying the game for the most part. Most fun I've had with a WWE game in a long time, but the server issues are getting a bit ridiculous.

# 83 Proof21 @ 11/28/11 07:51 AM
Picked up the game last night and I am having a blast with it! Had a match between Punk and ADR and it was filled with back and forth action with several near falls. Can't wait to dive into the Universe mode.

# 84 CMH @ 11/28/11 11:09 AM
There is nothing like playing another human being.

Lowered momentum to slow. My cousin and I have an understanding that you don't go for a pin unless you've pulled off a finisher. Gotta keep it somewhat realistic. If we kick out then it's fair game after.

The matches we had were fantastic. Sold him on the game.

Sent from my mobile device.

# 85 Majingir @ 11/28/11 06:04 PM
lol, I just had a screwjob happen.

I was doing a tag match, and the ref randomly rang the bell and I lost by DQ. Only thing was that nobody touched the ref, no weapons were used(nobody ever stepped foot outside the ring), and my tag partner never even got involved at all(he was on the apron the whole time)

# 86 donkey33 @ 11/28/11 08:50 PM
Quick question for those playing universe, could it be played as a single player?

What I mean is could I create my universe and always control only one person? I know you can do that but would it be engaging or just feel like a bunch of exhibitions?

I like the universe concept and don't like the road to wrestlemania limitations and scripts so could it be a worthy single wrestler experience?

# 87 donkey33 @ 11/28/11 11:00 PM
Thanks.

Just wanted to see if it'd get boring. Like controlling only a single wrestler when he's booked.

I know customization is big and I might do that but if i didn't, would it be engaging like a season mode letting the AI book you in matches or not so?

# 88 FlyRice @ 11/28/11 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey33
Thanks.

Just wanted to see if it'd get boring. Like controlling only a single wrestler when he's booked.

I know customization is big and I might do that but if i didn't, would it be engaging like a season mode letting the AI book you in matches or not so?
I'm playing the same way and only controlling my CAW. So far I've feuded with Brock Lesnar and Mark Henry. I'm appearing mostly on Superstars but it's fun trying to work your way up to the big shows. The cpu is booking all of the matches and if I'm not on a show I just skip until my next fight. You can even choose to interfere in a rival's match which is cool.

If you've ever played SD2's never ending season mode it's a lot like that, only way better.

# 89 donkey33 @ 11/29/11 02:38 AM
Really? What you're doing is what I'm looking for but I just wasn't sure if it would be like a true season mode. I'd love to have rankings and the like that are not part of normal season modes.

Damn. Might have to give this a rental and see how it is. I can borrow 2011 off a mate. Would last years give me an indication or not really?

SD2 as in Smackdown 2 on PS? Is that what you meant?

# 90 FlyRice @ 11/29/11 03:10 AM
Yeah SmackDown 2 on the PS1. It had a never ending season mode which is pretty much what Universe is, plus the customization. If you use a CAW, you'll have to work your way up the rankings in order to challenge for a title.

# 91 donkey33 @ 11/29/11 03:48 AM
Very cool. That side of it is what I'm after. A single player career kind of mode in this universe mode.

Now just please tell me I can remove a ton of wrestlers and replace them with CAWs. I did read there is a minimum limit though and you need a set amount of WWE stars on the brands?

Hope not.

# 92 DJ @ 11/29/11 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRice
I'm playing the same way and only controlling my CAW. So far I've feuded with Brock Lesnar and Mark Henry. I'm appearing mostly on Superstars but it's fun trying to work your way up to the big shows. The cpu is booking all of the matches and if I'm not on a show I just skip until my next fight. You can even choose to interfere in a rival's match which is cool.

If you've ever played SD2's never ending season mode it's a lot like that, only way better.
SD2 was by far my favorite season mode in a wrestling game.

# 93 donkey33 @ 11/29/11 08:46 PM
Thanks.

I'll go study the roster and see if I can find 30 guys I want to use.

# 94 Tweeg @ 11/29/11 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey33
Thanks.

I'll go study the roster and see if I can find 30 guys I want to use.
Here is my "classic" brand right now.

Main event types:

Stone Cold
Undertaker
Triple H
HBK
Masked Kane
Kevin Nash
Psycho Sid
Ultimate Warrior
Sting

Midcarders:
Animal
Hawk
Ax
Smash
Goldust
Mr. McMahon
Vader
Kanyon
Raven
X-Pac
Road Dogg
Billy Gunn
Jake The Snake

Booker T
Ahmed Johnson
Razor Ramon
Doink

Earthquake
Tatanka
DDP

Jobbers:

Chavo
Regal
Marty Jannetty

Still looking for a Farooq, and a WCW Jericho to put into that midcarder range.
CAWs are italicized so you can see what default guys I kept.

# 95 CMH @ 11/30/11 12:57 PM
How nice that you're able to download those CAWs. If only...

# 96 Bellsprout @ 11/30/11 01:00 PM
I know you shouldn't have to do this, it should just work, but I've been having decent success getting into the servers if I go on at a weird time. I downloaded a couple CAWs and arenas last night at like 1 in the morning.

# 97 burchett71 @ 11/30/11 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
Here is my "classic" brand right now.

Main event types:
Stone Cold
Undertaker
Triple H
HBK
Masked Kane
Kevin Nash
Psycho Sid
Ultimate Warrior
Sting

Midcarders:
Animal
Hawk
Ax
Smash
Goldust
Mr. McMahon
Vader
Kanyon
Raven
X-Pac
Road Dogg
Billy Gunn
Jake The Snake
Booker T
Ahmed Johnson
Razor Ramon
Doink
Earthquake
Tatanka
DDP

Jobbers:
Chavo
Regal
Marty Jannetty

Still looking for a Farooq, and a WCW Jericho to put into that midcarder range.
CAWs are italicized so you can see what default guys I kept.

sorry for my newb question but how did you download those caws? (i have a ps3 and don't know how to use the gamesaves again apologize for the newbness

# 98 Tweeg @ 11/30/11 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burchett71
sorry for my newb question but how did you download those caws? (i have a ps3 and don't know how to use the gamesaves again apologize for the newbness
Don't worry, we were all newbs at one point haha. I have had some luck the last two nights around 3AM getting on the server to download these guys. Once they're downloaded they will already be in your universe. It's just a matter of editing each brand (in the universe mode) to have the guys where you want them.

# 99 pdandy @ 12/02/11 01:33 PM
Pros:
- 1v1 AI is much improved. Game is much more challenging.
- Universe mode is very busy. A lot of cutscenes.
- I'm one of the few people who enjoyed RTWM.
- I like the controls
- Match flow is very well done and AI simulation matches are very entertaining for nerds like me who like to do that.
- Load times are improved.

Cons:
- Still plenty AI brain farts. Tag/triple threat AI still needs some work. The move interruption isn't dealt with very well by the AI. They interrupt anything and everything. AI interference is buggy/arguably broken
- Universe mode lacks storyline continuity for some scenarios.
- Universe still has some design problems that require you to babysit the mode and correct the mistakes.
- Injuries lead to storyline wackiness.
- Don't like the button mashing submission system.
- RTWM free roam times are kind of pointless.

# 100 Rawdeal28 @ 12/02/11 01:38 PM

Finally got mines on tuesday. i been playing on ps3 since launch though. game is amazing.

easily the best wrestling game ever made to date. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.