Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

The first official NBA 2K12 roster update is available now for PS3 and 360. Check the video to see all the changes.

Here are just a few notes.
  • Not many rookies at all on the update. (4 rookies added, it seems)
  • Billups, Hamilton, Vince Carter are Free Agents.
  • Odom still on the Lakers. (Kapono is not)
  • Arenas still on the Magic.
  • Chandler and Bibby are with the Knicks.
  • T-Mac is with the Hawks.
  • Turiaf is with the Wizards.
  • Battier is with the Heat.
  • Roy off the Blazers.
* Updated list, via 2K Sports Facebook page.
  • Ron Artest - name change to Metta World Peace
  • Caron Butler - FA signing LA Clippers
  • Tyson Chandler - traded from DAL to NY Knicks
  • Andy Rautins - traded from NY to Dallas
  • Ronny Turiaf - traded from NY to Washington
  • Brandon Roy - retired
  • Glen Davis - traded from BOS to Orlando
  • Brandon Bass - traded from ORL to Boston
  • Shane Battier - FA signing Miami Heat
  • Eddy Curry - FA signing Miami Heat
  • Shannon Brown - FA signing Phoenix Suns
  • Vince Carter - Amnesty Clause
  • Sebastian Telfair - FA signing Phoenix Suns
  • Richard Hamilton - Amnesty Clause
  • Tracy McGrady - FA signing Atlanta Hawks
  • Chauncey Billups - Amnesty Clause
  • Roger Mason - FA signing Washington Wizards
  • Derrick Brown - FA signing Charlotte Bobcats
  • T.J. Ford - FA signing San Antonio Spurs
  • Chuck Hayes - FA signing Sacramento Kings
  • Jamaal Magloire - FA signing Toronto Raptors
  • Vladimir Radmanovic - FA signing Atlanta Hawks
  • Brandan Wright - FA signing Dallas Mavericks
  • Kyrie Irving - draft pick signed Cleveland Cavaliers
  • Tristan Thompson - draft pick signed Cleveland Cavaliers
  • Kenneth Faried - draft pick signed Denver Nuggets
  • Jordan Hamilton - draft pick signed Denver Nuggets
  • Keyon Dooling - traded from MIL to Boston Celtics
  • Mike Dunleavy - FA signing Milwaukee Bucks
  • Mike Bibby - FA signing New York Knicks
  • Aaron Gray - FA signing Toronto Raptors
And before you complain about why hasn't X player been added/moved yet:

Quote:
SimBaller: Just to reiterate what Will said above, just because you can post a link saying that Player A signed or Players B and C were traded for each other, that doesn't mean we have league approval (yet) to process the move.

All contracts and trades need to get ratified by the league before the transaction can take place in our game. It's very, very rare that the league intervenes on a signing/trade, but we saw that last week with the CP3 trade. It can happen.

We chose to do frequent small updates to give you the goods as they come in rather than waiting until the season starts. This means another roster update is always right around the corner with the latest transactions.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Evlmnky33 @ 12/12/11 09:06 AM
Don't know what u guys expected? Even if these rosters were perfect, by the end of today they're going to be wrong bc there are still so many moves to be made. give 2k til the new year to get it ironed out at least.

# 42 DJ @ 12/12/11 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegt
Give 2K a break. This is the first update after the lockout. Obviously, it's not anywhere near complete. Some NBA teams don't even have a full roster, yet. As real life rosters settle in, so will these.
Patience is something a lot of people lack today.

# 43 yossihaz1 @ 12/12/11 09:12 AM
if i alreadt started a season before the update, does the roster upde the mode automatically or do i need to start from the begining?

# 44 violatedterror @ 12/12/11 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_Master07
There is a man named the 2k insider whose full time job is to update rosters and deliver on the promises set forth by 2k, being that the season hasn't started yet he is justified in not touching ratings, but making the simple roster changes so people can play online would take 15 mins Max

That's not acceptable, don't promise what you can't deliver. Even a simple report as to why barely anything changed would suffice at this point, its the lack of communication that infuriates customers who pay full price for products

You do realize that some teams don't even have a 12 man roster, right?

It's a game. The NBA season hasn't even begun. Chill.

# 45 roadman @ 12/12/11 09:16 AM
Quote:

That's not acceptable, don't promise what you can't deliver. Even a simple report as to why barely anything changed would suffice at this point, its the lack of communication that infuriates customers who pay full price for products
Are all NBA rosters set at this point?

I know the Bucks still have some roster moves to make.

I wouldn't need a simple report to know that.

Patience should calm down those who are infuriated.

I'd rather wait for a complete roster vs one that keeps coming out once a day with all the roster moves.

# 46 BezO @ 12/12/11 09:34 AM
Ha! A thread is created for impressions, but no one wants to hear negative impressions. Change the title to, "How great is this initial roster update?" so folks know what they should say.

I'll wait to get online until they're closer to completion.

And watch out for the Knicks!!!

# 47 BCJMU99 @ 12/12/11 09:39 AM
LOL....folks are sounding quite angry! I haven't downloaded the roster yet but I think I will just wait til opening day where they should be ready to go.

# 48 Mos1ted @ 12/12/11 09:40 AM
It looks like Chris Paul will be traded to the Clippers for a handful of players. So much for this update anyway LOL. Like I said yesterday, any update 2K released would be obsolete within 24 hours anyway. LOL

# 49 OGKing @ 12/12/11 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hejter
I just had to sign in to tell you a couple of things

First of all sorry for my bad english and possible missspells

Second TNX all for telling me when the rosters updates get out

And third and most important F**** 2k12 , cant f***** belive this update , im from a poor country , and i payed half of my f***** salary for this game .
I am a patient man and i waited for WHAT

For 4 f***** rookies , come on man , i piss on 2k12 , cant f***** belive that they did this **** to me
LMFAO, you act as if this is the final roster update, calm down lol.

I laughed when you said you paid half of your salary to buy 2k12..not to make fun of you..it's just hilarious lol

# 50 kingg d @ 12/12/11 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlmnky33
Don't know what u guys expected? Even if these rosters were perfect, by the end of today they're going to be wrong bc there are still so many moves to be made. give 2k til the new year to get it ironed out at least.

Wrong or not we would have the rookies, and that's why the majority of the people is mad, they had months to create them so there is no excuse for them to just add 4 miserably rookies

# 51 jermy201 @ 12/12/11 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungDee15
the thing that went wrong with this roster update is the fact that they announced it like it's a big thing ^^ even on their fb page is announced,if they kept it secretly till today and released it there wouldn't be as half mad customers as it is now #justmyopinion

That's the realest post of the thread right there homie.

# 52 mlp111 @ 12/12/11 09:59 AM
did the roster fix nick young hair, cause that stuff was sappose to be fixed through roster updates, if not will continue to play on pc

# 53 Tomba @ 12/12/11 10:01 AM
do the rookies that ARE in have tattoes?

# 54 kingg d @ 12/12/11 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
do the rookies that ARE in have tattoes?
Unless I'm wrong, none of the rookies added have tatoos in real life.

# 55 roadman @ 12/12/11 10:09 AM
Quote:
the thing that went wrong with this roster update is the fact that they announced it like it's a big thing ^^ even on their fb page is announced,if they kept it secretly till today and released it there wouldn't be as half mad customers as it is now #justmyopinion
I'm not trying to stick up for them, but they probably wanted to create a lot of hype and interest coinciding with the lockout ending.

Sales are down from 2k11 and they are probably trying to get the hype going for more sales.

They aren't just trying to get their current customers interested again, they are probably trying to get people who haven't bought the game excited enough to buy the game.

I could be wrong, though.

# 56 Ejfalcon9 @ 12/12/11 10:09 AM
Hly crap this update is amazing! For Kyrie Irving it actually says drafted Rd:1 Pick 1!!! #Sarcasm

Come on 2k you couln't even give us none of the rookies real pictures? We've been looking at that Kyrie cyberface model for months.

# 57 RocketTMac1 @ 12/12/11 10:09 AM
Ok everyone just relax. You got LeBroned this morning. If it's the same rosters this weekend then you can complain like you're GP sitting on the Heats bench. Like someone said this was the Kyrie Irving/Tyson Chandler roster move update.

I too am upset about what I am hearing but you have to look at it like this they probably just gave us the roster update they had early Friday evening with Tyson Chandler and Bibby added on to it. If you don't like the roster then download a roster from 2kshare with all the rookies cyberfaces on created players bodies and make the moves, proper contracts, attributes, and tendencies yourself. Until then wait patiently and enjoy the rest of free agency and the CP3 and D12 drama. Remember 2k isn't Tebow. They will never deliver at the last minute. They are more like Romo. Alot of promise but always find a way to screw it up at the end.

Happy Gaming Gents

# 58 jeebs9 @ 12/12/11 10:11 AM
Yea I'l wait until the season get underway to post an impression lol

# 59 OGKing @ 12/12/11 10:18 AM
Quote:
Naw man,put it like this,2k is LeBron James and this could be playoff finals and this period before the season is 4th quarter where LeBron failed hard ^^
I'm sorry, i hate to be rude but your grammar isn't cutting it right now.

# 60 youALREADYknow @ 12/12/11 10:26 AM
Quote:
There is a man named the 2k insider whose full time job is to update rosters and deliver on the promises set forth by 2k
Is this true? I know I've heard this before, but has anyone confirmed that this is an actual person's job at 2K?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.