Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Madden NFL 13 features playbook kicks off on April 25th, with presentation and gameplay improvements.

Madden NFL 13 is all-new from boot up to credits. Every mode, every screen, every pixel has been reinvented delivering the most innovative, connected, and authentic Madden NFL experience in franchise history. Dont miss one feature announcement by following the Madden NFL 13 Feature Playbook, powered by GameStop.

Presentation (April 25th)

Madden NFL 13 delivers world-class presentation with an entirely new look and feel; plus, new commentators bring the game's broadcast to life.

Gameplay Part 1 (April 25th)

With a revamped passing game and the all-new Read and React Defensive AI system, Madden NFL 13 achieves greater realism on the virtual gridiron on both sides of the ball.

Audio (May 14th)

Madden NFL 13 delivers a superb audio experience that faithfully replicates NFL Sundays with a new commentary team and the implementation of innovative technology along with unique resources provided by NFL Films.

Gameplay Part 2 (June 4th)

A monumental change to Madden NFL gameplay creates the most authentic football experience to date, blurring the line between virtual and reality.

Connected Careers (June 4th)

With Connected Careers, Madden NFL 13 will revolutionize the way sports video game career modes are played.

Madden Ultimate Team (July 9th)

Madden NFL 13 Ultimate Team is the definitive way to experience virtual card collecting with new content and updates that mirror exciting NFL events throughout the entire year.

Madden Social (TBA)

A whole new way to experience Madden against your friends - anytime, anywhere.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 LBzrule @ 04/25/12 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Because CD guys are under NDA and can't tell you how terrible an early version of something looks. Show it to the world, and it is fair game for anyone to become an instant YouTube sensation by dissecting how terrible an early version looks...
Of course they are under NDA. I've been through the process. I'm just going off of something Rgiles said. Anyways...

# 202 RGiles36 @ 04/25/12 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Of course they are under NDA. I've been through the process. I'm just going off of something Rgiles said. Anyways...

Don't drag me into it bro

# 203 DUDERMAN @ 04/25/12 03:08 PM
Well for everybody predicting a Kinect feature for "Gameplay 2" (myself included), the fact that they didn't mention Kinect at all today only adds fuel to the fire. Esspecially when we know there is some type of Kinect feature added from the leaked description on EA's site.

# 204 at23steelers @ 04/25/12 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDERMAN
Well for everybody predicting a Kinect feature for "Gameplay 2" (myself included), the fact that they didn't mention Kinect at all today only adds fuel to the fire. Esspecially when we know there is some type of Kinect feature added from the leaked description on EA's site.
My guess is to take a picture of ourselves with the Kinect (new menu selection) and then possibly call the plays and move and stuff for the Superstar mode (connecting careers?). Taking a stab at it, but sounds possible.

# 205 boritter @ 04/25/12 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I greatly disagree.

When you have the same person overseeing both games, you will have similar features.

June 4th, Madden is getting a different game play feature than NCAA.

1. Anything regarding June 4th is conjecture.

2. The text on the two flyers are identical.

Both say 8 QB evades.

Both say 430 new catches.

Both say 20 pass trajectories. Etc., etc., etc.

That is not "similar," as you said.

That is identical, or "copy-and-paste" as I said.

# 206 roadman @ 04/25/12 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter

Both say 8 QB evades.

Similar, identical, copy and paste, call it as you want it, it doesn't matter. The same person is in charge of both games as I said.

You are bound to have identical game play features, except for June 4th(conjecture or not) with the same person in charge.

# 207 ChaseB @ 04/25/12 03:52 PM
Yay, at least now everyone knows Him and Phil are in the game.

# 208 ChaseB @ 04/25/12 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Hey Chase, do the digital commentators change clothes each week or wear the same suits every time?
Honestly don't know, I don't handle the visuals.

# 209 ChaseB @ 04/25/12 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Yeah I'm thinking I will be doing it on DLG due to the fact that I don't handle trolls well (not anyone in particular here), I tend to have a short fuse and the mods here will kill me when I snap lol. Over there my ban hammer is heavy and has a hair trigger. I did impressions last year and it got ugly after the first 30 pages. Not saying I'm perfect and always right, I just have a tendency to not ignore mean and rude comments.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
You're ugly.

# 210 mhanson93 @ 04/25/12 05:47 PM
Motion Blur?! I thought we all bought new HDTV's to reduce the amount of motion blur...

# 211 jbd345 @ 04/25/12 05:48 PM
So they put CBS in the game without it actually being in the game and voiding the contract with ESPN. Well played EA, Well played.

# 212 SteelerSpartan @ 04/25/12 05:56 PM
Im now thinking the Gameplay 2 will be

-Coaching Carousel

With the Gameface tool so you can upload your face onto your Custom Coach

# 213 LambertandHam @ 04/25/12 06:30 PM
I like the added presentation with Nantz and Simms, but Phil looks like he's going to come through the TV and take my soul.

# 214 RynoAid @ 04/25/12 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
You're ugly.
did i like this yet?

# 215 choadler @ 04/25/12 07:13 PM
You guys are going to be very disappointed when the monumental game change is Kinnect.

# 216 msdm27 @ 04/26/12 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by choadler
You guys are going to be very disappointed when the monumental game change is Kinnect.
^^^^ What is the point of this?

This dude has no idea on whether the new feature is Kinect-related and yet he's acting like he knows. Kinect was heavely promoted for Tiger Woods PGA 13 and it still didn't affect core gameplay for both consoles, so I'd say there's no real indication June 4th will be about Kinect.

Anyway, what I don't get is what is the point of jumping ahead to things you don't know about, instead of focusing on the improvements seen today?

Btw, this is probably the type of dude that says "no new ol/dl interactions is a gamebreaker"... Well I bet if they fixed ol/dl but didn't address psychic db's as much then he'd be claiming that to be a gamebreaker. Will never be satisfied and needs to find any reason to bash.

Stop being frustrated game designers FFS!

# 217 josephid @ 04/26/12 12:13 PM
They want to let the QB drop back or control himself? Just like Madden, they don't care about gameplay. It is more like watching a game at times. Heck, you don't even have to call the plays.

# 218 CMH @ 04/26/12 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter

Both say 8 QB evades.

And this is a bad thing because?

# 219 berad88 @ 04/26/12 12:45 PM
I am pretty sure that during the NCAA Football game play blog they said that the game play team for both NCAA and Madden is the same team which explains why both games are getting the same game play additions. They said they work on the game play for both games and just tune them so that NCAA feels like college football and Madden feels like the NFL.

# 220 kjcheezhead @ 04/27/12 02:33 PM
I liked the presentation improvements. The new disguising of zone/man is nice and also the hint of possible physics is encouraging.

Watching this game in motion and the oline play is still just as excruciating as ever for me tho. I'm also not big on users overriding wrs not supposed to be looking for the ball or that it's still not truly route based passing. Probably gonna wind up passing again this year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.