Home
News Post

EA has posted several new blogs about the new Connected Career's feature today. The developer blog on the feature to replace all of the modes you've come to know in Madden is here. You can read RynoAid's take on the feature here. And finally, here's Dave Searles' take on it on the EA Sports Blog here.

What do you all think??

Member Comments
# 221 Jonsco28 @ 06/07/12 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Well in this video at the 6:18 mark where Josh is showing the Practice Mode in CCM, Gameflow is available so I would think it would be available whenever a User is in control of play calling, unless you choose to disable it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu4xh...ayer_embedded#!

Thank you!

# 222 illwill10 @ 06/07/12 02:58 PM
For those who dont know:
"Bryan Wiedey@pastapadre
Trey Wingo not in for a traditional studio show...instead talks about incoming rookies and their stories/NFL Draft."

# 223 B1GRED @ 06/07/12 04:50 PM
Ok, so let's say me and 3 friends decide to start an online connected career using players. Am I correct to assume that we all won't get drafted to the same team? Also, wouldn't it be weird if you had 32 players in a QB only league? There has to be some sort of player cap limitation that they aren't informing us about.

# 224 illwill10 @ 06/07/12 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1GRED
Ok, so let's say me and 3 friends decide to start an online connected career using players. Am I correct to assume that we all won't get drafted to the same team? Also, wouldn't it be weird if you had 32 players in a QB only league? There has to be some sort of player cap limitation that they aren't informing us about.
You pick the teams. I dont think there is a draft. I dont think you can be on the same team

# 225 reverend_heat @ 06/07/12 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Hold up! I can no longer control all 32 teams?!?!?

Well that makes franchise pretty much worthless to me this year. I have zero desire to deal with brain dead CPU roster issues, idiotic cuts/signings, zero trades, head scratching FA moves etc

Add that to the fact we can NO LONGER EDIT PLAYERS or CHANGE numbers..... All set here. Waste-o-time for me.

So I have a choice to be one team... That's it? Really?

Passing this year. As a 100% offline player with zero desire to play online the game is actually worthless to me.

EA.... Te invent something and drop what's always been there prior.... Lame.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?usvvtu
Yeah, I always only want the most realistic offline 1 year franchise I can get, which means playing all the actual games of the upcoming season, controlling all 32 teams, and editing and trading to follow real life as closely as possible. With the advent of online this and online that I have feared for awhile my way of playing Madden would one day no longer be an option, it appears that day has arrived.

# 226 SteboSSK @ 06/07/12 11:58 PM
Does anyone know if the full weekly schedule is available for play or are we restricted to playing our game only as a coach?

# 227 EaglesFAN44 @ 06/08/12 05:40 AM
Hopefully this isn't a repost of a question, but if I started as an undrafted QB and went to Green Bay for example, would I automatically be the starter like in past versions of superstar mode?

I am hoping not, because that always killed the fun of superstar mode for me.

# 228 Lasson @ 06/08/12 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesFAN44
Hopefully this isn't a repost of a question, but if I started as an undrafted QB and went to Green Bay for example, would I automatically be the starter like in past versions of superstar mode?

I am hoping not, because that always killed the fun of superstar mode for me.
No, you have to work your way up.

# 229 moneal2001 @ 07/07/12 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy321813
If you choose a superstar do you have to use the camera angles they have been using for superstar mode or can you use the Madden default camera?
the default camera is the only one for CCM this year. they are trying to resolve the disconnect issue for online when using different cameras.

# 230 Stafford2Johnson @ 07/07/12 11:11 PM
On the first page everyone is super-happy... however is deceiving. Since then they announced no custom rosters in CCM and no 32-team control.

# 231 tosa @ 07/08/12 12:36 PM
Sorry if this as been answered but I havent been able to find it.....is there a true coach only mode?--- you call the plays and the CPU handles everything including kicking and punting. I have never understood why if you choose to coach that you have to manually kick and punt.

# 232 DJ @ 07/11/12 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tosa
Sorry if this as been answered but I havent been able to find it.....is there a true coach only mode?--- you call the plays and the CPU handles everything including kicking and punting. I have never understood why if you choose to coach that you have to manually kick and punt.
Good question. Coach mode in NCAA the CPU does all the kicking. I didn't know this wasn't the case in Madden.

# 233 btemp @ 07/11/12 03:02 PM
Sounds amazing, best madden ever.

However, unlike a lot of people immediately hopping on the bandwagon I'm sceptical until I play it. As everyone here should be aware, Madden has a history of talking a good game and not following through.

# 234 Spin @ 07/11/12 03:25 PM
How is it suppose to work in a league if I am just playing qb vs someone who controls the entire team?

# 235 Skyboxer @ 07/11/12 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spin
How is it suppose to work in a league if I am just playing qb vs someone who controls the entire team?
How it would work is just that. You would only control your player while the others control everything from what I've heard.
That would be your decisions to do that.
I'm sure there will be player only leagues you could join.

# 236 Skyboxer @ 07/11/12 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
So the coach mode in NCAA is different from the one in Madden? If NCAA actually has a true coach mode while Madden has something that seems to just allow the AI to control the QB for passes in its' coach mode, I really don't know what to say.

Can someone please elaborate on this for me.
I never knew coach mode in NCAA had the CPU do all the kicking...
Are we sure about that? Or are people talking about being a coordinator?

# 237 tosa @ 07/12/12 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
This is the first year I have seen it.

# 238 miamikb2001 @ 07/12/12 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
The Coach mode for NCAA that was true coach mode started last year.The CPU does all the kicking in coach mode.Not sure about Madden this year,but last year you still had to kick in there so called Coach Mode.Im hoping that has changed this year

# 239 Quack23 @ 07/12/12 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamikb2001
The Coach mode for NCAA that was true coach mode started last year.The CPU does all the kicking in coach mode.Not sure about Madden this year,but last year you still had to kick in there so called Coach Mode.Im hoping that has changed this year
The other difference was that user QB's never take off and run in Madden's coach mode, but they do in NCAA coach mode.

# 240 Skyboxer @ 07/12/12 01:47 AM
Good info. Never bought NCAA 12 or 13 (Played both but figured coach mode was same ole.... )

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.