Home
News Post

EA has posted several new blogs about the new Connected Career's feature today. The developer blog on the feature to replace all of the modes you've come to know in Madden is here. You can read RynoAid's take on the feature here. And finally, here's Dave Searles' take on it on the EA Sports Blog here.

What do you all think??

Member Comments
# 1 cavsfan2 @ 06/04/12 05:26 PM
"Offline Franchise, Online Franchise and Superstar mode are all gone."

Wait, What?

# 2 xpmar9x @ 06/04/12 05:27 PM
Dear God, this is awesome. Finally EA!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan2
"Offline Franchise, Online Franchise and Superstar mode are all gone."

Wait, What?
Keep reading man.

# 3 at23steelers @ 06/04/12 05:27 PM
"The style of offense you run, the type of coach you proclaim to be, all impact how players fit into your scheme. Players are rated dynamically based on the team for which they play. That’s right, a 3-4 OLB will no longer be plug and play into a 4-3 scheme without taking a potential ratings hit"

# 4 Cvhsalumni @ 06/04/12 05:30 PM
Amazed. I'm an NCAA guy but will certainly be purchasing only Madden if NCAA does not get RTP or some form of connected careers.

Re-reading blog post now...

# 5 jmurphy31 @ 06/04/12 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
"The style of offense you run, the type of coach you proclaim to be, all impact how players fit into your scheme. Players are rated dynamically based on the team for which they play. That’s right, a 3-4 OLB will no longer be plug and play into a 4-3 scheme without taking a potential ratings hit"

What happens if you play as the Patriots and Brady gets hurt or retires. Can you change your coaching scheme to allow for a power back (in case you draft one)

# 6 Still2REal @ 06/04/12 05:35 PM
Now, let's just hope it works

# 7 kongemeier @ 06/04/12 05:36 PM
I'm almost in tears here! I can't believe it... I just can't!!

This is so awesome!!

# 8 BrianFifaFan @ 06/04/12 05:37 PM
Just read the blog. Great stuff. It's like Fifa's Career Mode,

ON STEROIDS! #cantwaittoplayMadden!

# 9 RynoAid @ 06/04/12 05:41 PM
so i take it you guys are excited? did i oversell it a few weeks ago?

# 10 Azcardinal32 @ 06/04/12 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
What happens if you play as the Patriots and Brady gets hurt or retires. Can you change your coaching scheme to allow for a power back (in case you draft one)
Exactly what Im wondering, That feature can be GREAT but only if I am allowed to run the team how I want, not how the team is ran by default

# 11 azdawgpound @ 06/04/12 05:42 PM
thats pretty cool how the different players can jump up in overall in the different coaches schemes also how the drafts gonna be online.

# 12 jyoung @ 06/04/12 05:42 PM
Quote:
First of all, potential is dead. No more pre-determined ratings structure.

# 13 Ronnie brown23 @ 06/04/12 05:43 PM
will you be able to import draft classes from NCAA into connected careers for an online franchise?

# 14 BrianFifaFan @ 06/04/12 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
so i take it you guys are excited? did i oversell it a few weeks ago?
You suck!!!!!! LOL!

# 15 Broncos86 @ 06/04/12 05:45 PM
Great blog. This has me VERY excited. I'm so damn pumped.

# 16 splff3000 @ 06/04/12 05:46 PM
Whoa!!! I was not expecting connected careers to be so indepth.

# 17 mistertony25 @ 06/04/12 05:47 PM
My only concern is that the immersion between NCAA and Madden, most notably via the import/export of draft classes, is being lost. I'm interested in how we can still keep that. Sorry, I have no interest in a 32-person online experience.

# 18 DeuceDouglas @ 06/04/12 05:48 PM
I keep hearing about playing as a coach, player, etc. and being released or fired. If I just want to play a Chiefs franchise for 30 seasons like in M12, does that mean I would start my franchise as Romeo Crennel? Or is there a sort of Owner option where you can fire the coach and bring in a new one?

# 19 jfsolo @ 06/04/12 05:49 PM
The Infinity Engine is beyond awesome by itself, but CC has the chance to make Madden 13 my favorite game ever, across all gaming genres even better than my current Mount Rushmore of gaming, which is occupied right now by four fantasy RPG's. Madden 13 is a NFL football RPG.

People who aren't reading all the various articles, blogs, or listening to the podcasts, aren't getting the true sense of how good CC will be.

# 20 BrianFifaFan @ 06/04/12 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistertony25
My only concern is that the immersion between NCAA and Madden, most notably via the import/export of draft classes, is being lost. I'm interested in how we can still keep that. Sorry, I have no interest in a 32-person online experience.
I see the two titles being disconnected; but they really have been anyway, in light of today's announcements. I just hope that it's easy to create rookie rosters and share them. If so, I'll be happy enough.

« Previous1234567891213Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.