Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

2K Sports Invites Fans to “Uncover The Cover” of NBA® 2K13

Facebook application to reveal clues about cover for
next installment of top-selling and top-rated basketball simulation*

New York, NY – June 20, 2012 – 2K Sports today announced the launch of the “Uncover The Cover” Facebook application, which will engage the 2K Sports online community and reveal some big clues about the cover of NBA 2K13, the next installment of the top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise twelve years running.

The Facebook application will start with the clues concealed behind puzzle pieces. In order for pieces to be removed and the clues to the cover revealed, fans are encouraged to tweet about NBA 2K13 using the hashtag #UncoverNBA2K. The more tweets that are made containing the hashtag, the more pieces of the puzzle will be removed.

Fans can check the NBA 2K13 Facebook page to see the current state of the image and the effects their tweets are having in real-time. Once the cover is unveiled, fans will be able to download the final poster art file as wallpaper.

The Facebook application represents a significant departure from the traditional 2K Sports cover reveal, and will leverage the company’s sizable social media following. For the first time in the company’s history, fans will play a decisive role in announcing the cover.

Fans can begin tweeting #UncoverNBA2K today and view the app’s progress in real-time on http://2kgam.es/UncoverNBA2K.

Who do you think the NBA 2K13 cover athlete will be?

*UPDATE: Here is the full image, already leaked.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Steve_OS @ 06/20/12 05:27 PM
Here is the pic, have fun w/ it.

# 42 Gstate_510 @ 06/20/12 05:28 PM
looks like roses so it might be d-rose and im coo with that

# 43 shs2040 @ 06/20/12 05:40 PM
So did they put D-rose on the cover knowing he probably won't even play this year? Avoid Madden curse cause he is already injured? I really don't know why it would be D-rose. He is amazing and great...yes I agree but he won't be better then Durant n the Bulls still have not been a flawless championship team since 1998.
They need to surround him with better people. SHAQ won a ring 2k8, 2k9 KG Champ with Bos, 2k10 Kobe wins another. 2k13 go back to champions/mvps CURRENTLY and it should be LeBron.

# 44 TomBrady @ 06/20/12 05:43 PM
Durant has a rose and birds tattooed on his chest, and the orange part of the pic seems to be a tarantula. My guess is that it will "the Durantula" Kevin Durant.

# 45 shs2040 @ 06/20/12 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBrady
Durant has a rose and birds tattooed on his chest, and the orange part of the pic seems to be a tarantula. My guess is that it will "the Durantula" Kevin Durant.
Wow I think thats spot on, pretty lame. You would think LBJ deserved it..I mean hes a 99 rating in the game.

# 46 Bolt957 @ 06/20/12 05:50 PM
Either D-Rose, KD, or LBJ. ORRRR Maybe it's 2K secretly telling EA Sports' NBA game to RIP lol

# 47 AVONFTW @ 06/20/12 05:50 PM
I think it's a montage of all the greats

# 48 VDusen04 @ 06/20/12 05:52 PM
Quote:
I see where you're coming from. But if NBA 2K thought their best marketing opportunity was to throw an giant orange tarantula on their cover. . .

# 49 DatGD12guage @ 06/20/12 05:53 PM
Quote:
that makes sense now that u said that all those black spots might be where players are gonna be so Im now thinking that it might be rose, lebron , durant, melo trying to reach greatness or sum shhh with jordan at the top of the ladder

# 50 Daddy123 @ 06/20/12 05:58 PM
My guess is blake griffin /// it shows wings blake is known to fly cause hes a good dunker he was also on a new nba 2k13 commercial with d rose and kobe who both have been on the cover...

# 51 venga @ 06/20/12 06:02 PM
Kevin Durant with Team USA

# 52 Sundown @ 06/20/12 06:05 PM

Zuul, the Gatekeeper from Ghostbusters.

# 53 MarvinOida @ 06/20/12 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
No white player got more hype this year than

MATT BONNER!

That's who it is
No Scalabrine?

# 54 MarvinOida @ 06/20/12 06:11 PM
It's gonna most likely be Brian Scalabrine... But in all seriousness, really the three covers I think are most likely gonna be

1)KD and LeBron in a Madden 10 like cover

2)The Dream Team from 92 since like 10/12 players were in 2K12

3)A group picture of the best NBA players of now/then in a NBA 09 The Inside-like cover

# 55 gdh5503 @ 06/20/12 06:38 PM
I really don't care who is on the cover, because in all honestly it doesn't matter... I want to know whats IN the game not ON the game. You can have MJ himself and the game still be wack; 2K12 is a testament to that. Give me a solid game that I wont fall asleep while playing on after a couple of weeks.

# 56 jfsolo @ 06/20/12 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
First off, this is a rant--I apologize beforehand.

Second, I have nothing against technology; I'm on my laptop or my iPhone all the time. Here we go...

...Can we please, PLEASE find things out in this society without the use of Facebook or Twitter? Please don't take this the wrong way, but Facebook and Twitter are great--if you're into that kind of stuff. I don't Facebook because I really don't have 874 friends and you don't either; a "friend" is someone who is down with me--not someone I went to high school with and haven't spoken to since...well, high school. And I don't tweet because I really don't think America is interested in what I think on things (even though I'm ranting on a sports forum).

I love GNC Smoothies, and they have a promotion to get a dollar off every time you get one. I inquired as to how to get it, and the smoothie chick told me I have to like them on Facebook. I'm sorry, but a GNC brick building is not my friend!!

Ok--back on track here: just have some semi-hard trivia question that people have to answer to reveal the thing piece by piece or something. I'm sorry for the rant guys; I just wish we could do things without social networking. Oh you need a blood transfusion right away? "Like" your local doctor on Facebook and tweet your blood type and we will notify you via text message.

Oh--I hope it's a either MJ again or a legend with a current player.
I feel your pain on social networking marketing, but this is the way of the world now, and barring some technological catastrophe, it's only going to get "worse". I participate in it for things that are really important to me, and ignore the rest, but I've given up fighting against the unassailable reality of this being how information(especially pertaining to entertainment) is disseminated now.

The cover is of course the Birdman Chris Andersen

# 57 bballdude17 @ 06/20/12 06:50 PM
STOP SAYING DURANT

he is signed with EA and was on the cover of the game that never got released
NBA ELITE 11

so NO its not Durant

# 58 Ritch548 @ 06/20/12 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Here is the pic, have fun w/ it.

its lebron ,drose, kevin durant and mj. or lebron on the right and kevin durant on the left.

# 59 kjjnesb @ 06/20/12 07:00 PM
I'd think doing a tweet contest for developer blogs would be more effective.

# 60 nttnybuc @ 06/20/12 07:38 PM
What if that's the finished product?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.